Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Has Anyone Used Synthesis AI?
tetrogen
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-12-2021 at 13:17
Has Anyone Used Synthesis AI?

I'm curious if anyone has ever had the chance to use synthia or any other synthesis/retro-synthesis automation tools, and if so, whether it is as useful and effective as it is made out to be.

It seems like an impressive tool to have on hand if it works even decently. Of course, it's highly controlled via licensing and I very highly doubt that it exists anywhere on the internet, but I haven't seen it discussed or brought up much at all online. I don't even know of any universities that have it (at least for undergrad use) and I have yet to speak to someone who has used it.

I'm just curious as I think such a program can really have a positive impact on the future of chemistry, so long as it is used as a tool and not a replacement to knowledge.There seems to be another one that is reportedly open-source called "aiZynthfinder" which I may run and play around with.
tetrogen
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2021 at 07:20

Since my post, I found a few alternatives. This is a free retrosynthetic planning AI algorithm in an easy-to-use web interface. It also has a few other features.
https://askcos.mit.edu/

I'm working on getting AIZynthfinder set up but having some trouble with some of the python dependencies as it seems it was built with python 2.xx

Go To Top