Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Multiple long synthesis doublechecks
jarodduesing
Harmless

Mood: Chaotic wonder

[*] posted on 15-1-2022 at 18:25
Multiple long synthesis doublechecks

Hello fellow chemists! I plan on placing an order for reagents soon and will be posting my finalized pathways around 1100 est. I would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions on ways to improve them.
jarodduesing
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-1-2022 at 01:20

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BNasElQIA8ZVpZBB0JbZ...
Here is the google doc with pathways being finished.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 16-1-2022 at 09:11

Benzodiazepines or what?

verrückt und wissenschaftlich
jarodduesing
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-1-2022 at 09:58

Vasopressin-1B antagonist to fix HPA axis dysfunction, out of Phase II trials for Depression but with decades of relevant research to suggest usefulness in basically every other chronic illness, including but not limited to Chronic Fatigue, Anxiety, Panic/PTSD, IBS, and Insomnia (as well as "Adrenal fatigue" and cognitive impairment).
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 16-1-2022 at 13:18

Whenever a drug is claimed to fix about anything I start doubting. What is the name of the compound? I can't make sense of the spreadsheet.
Fery
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-1-2022 at 21:04

jarodduesing - I'm working with psychoactive substances in my profession. I see some improvements and new compounds introduced during decades. There were a lot of new promising substances but the most difficult part was to pass all clinical steps and even they passed we saw somewhat less effectiveness than the producer claimed (e.g. from SNRI we completely abandoned milnacipran and duloxetine and use only venlafaxine which proven clinically the most effective for severe depression). Some medicals which were initially registered for curing some dysfunction were later allowed to cure more, e.g. pregabalin as anticonvulsant and against neuropathic pain was later allowed for generalized anxiety disorder. Concerning depression some medicaments got obsolete (tricyclic antidepressant, MAO inhibitors, etc) so today I see that only newer types are used which have reduced side effects (I saw how effective were the obsolete but also how serious side effect they had, e.g. very narrow therapeutic window so taking more than 10 pills could kill the patient, in the modern types used today patient survives even taking more 100 pills e.g. in suicidal attempt). So for depression treatment I see currently used only SSRI, NaSSA, SNRI, NDRI and the newest one agomelatine which is somewhat much more toxic to liver than the others and not much effective for severe depression. Anyway it would be very good if there is another kind of antidepressant. Later the compound may eventually get registered for other disorders too if it proves its effectiveness there. I wish you and the whole team the best, the compound to be effective and with as low side effects as possible.
So this compound is already researched for decades? Your task is to improve its synthesis? Do you have colleagues in your team which can help you or do you hope to find someone highly skilled here (I'm not, I'm just curious) ?

Go To Top