Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PdCl[sub]2[/sub]
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 21:36
PdCl[sub]2[/sub]

See this pic. Like to sell it; need consumables to carry on the project. 99.999% certain that it is INDEED PdCl2. PGM metals were dissolved in hot Aqua Regia. The Pt was precipitated with amm. chloride, and the filtered solution then had Cl2 gas bubbled through it vigorously and immediate drop of red precipitate. Stannous Chloride test solution was used rigorously at each so I know the PGM's were in there.

If interested, U2U me. Prefer US, as I don't intend to B.S. the post office and I believe this is HazMat.

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 22:26
Not a HAZMAT

arkoma, the information I found does not indicate this compound is a HAZMAT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladium(II)_chloride
The LD50 for a rat is over 2.7 grams per kilogram. You should have no trouble
shipping barring stupidity from bureaucratic chemophobes.

[Edited on 2022/2/2 by MadHatter]

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 1-2-2022 at 22:44

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
See this pic.
You have your posts per page set to a non default setting, don’t you? ;)

With the default settings, the post is on page 72. I fixed the link in the quote to go to the correct page.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-2-2022 at 08:12

I also think that small amounts (<35g) of PdCl2 should be fine to mail, or if you are worried, sent by FedEx or UPS.
Cryolite.
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-2-2022 at 15:51

Are you sure what you have is PdCl2? All of mine (including an ampouled sample from Alfa) is a dirty maroon color (brown with a hint of reddish-purple). What you have looks much closer to ammonium hexachloropalladate (NH4)2 PdCl6 to my eyes, and the synthesis method you described matches that exactly.
wxyz
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-2-2022 at 20:47

Quote: Originally posted by Cryolite.  
Are you sure what you have is PdCl2? All of mine (including an ampouled sample from Alfa) is a dirty maroon color (brown with a hint of reddish-purple). What you have looks much closer to ammonium hexachloropalladate (NH4)2 PdCl6 to my eyes, and the synthesis method you described matches that exactly.

Agree, PdCl2 I have made is much darker, more reddish. Also any salt of PdCl6-- (at least Na and K) have that same color.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-2-2022 at 07:06

If anyone is looking for PD or Pt salts, I have found a few small bottles buried in a box of stuff, mostly 1 gr bottles, including Pd(OAc)2, PdCl2, PtO, and some Na and P PtCl4 salts. I would have to weigh them to confirm the actual weight, but I am happy to sell them for the metal content value only if anyone is interested. Most is old Aldrich stuff, but a few other brands, all look like good sources, but I don;t know how these age. I( think most are air stable compounds, but I don;t have any way to QC them. If you want a particular thing, let me know and I can check. US only.

Go To Top