Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: $499.99 Rotovaps are coming to LabDIRECT!
LabDIRECT
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-2-2022 at 10:05
$499.99 Rotovaps are coming to LabDIRECT!

Alright, the time SO many of you have been waiting a lifetime for is almost here - full featured, 1L rotovaps will FINALLY be available at an affordable price to independent researcher, small business, and hobby chemists! We have worked out an agreement with the manufacturer of the RE-201D 1L rotary evaporator - currently selling for over $1500 in most US-based retailers, and even over $750 from Chinese eBay sellers with an end of March delivery date - that will finally bring the price to the sub-$500 range -

<b>LabDIRECT is now taking preorders for the RE-201D for $499.99 SHIPPED!</b> Units will start shipping in a few weeks.

That includes everything you see in the photos below: all the glassware, motor, slip joint, free lifting heating bath, and controller. If you also need a vacuum pump, we have 1L per second oil rotary pumps good down to 5Pa available for 69.99.

For preorders, just contact specialorders@labdirectllc.com and thank as always for your support!!

D6B5F0AE-98A5-430D-AC88-3311BC33B1A0.jpeg - 681kB063AAD53-ADA4-4035-BF7C-5ECBA40B86CA.jpeg - 528kBB425ECFC-7959-4BA6-8E0B-36177CA33816.jpeg - 125kBEDEA887E-D05B-4242-B4E9-D988754C3CA3.jpeg - 153kB
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 3-2-2022 at 12:43

Will replacement parts be available as well?

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 3-2-2022 at 13:40

This is the same failing chinese shit as they're pushing elsewhere.
squeezix
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-2-2022 at 19:41

Quote: Originally posted by stoichiometric_steve  
This is the same failing chinese shit as they're pushing elsewhere.

That’s a little rough Steve. If it’s shipping from the USA it’s a plus for me and from buying a cheaper rotovap, like with all reverse engineered Chinese machines, you’ll learn how to build a higher end Rotovap by swapping in quality parts when something breaks. $499 shipped is a hell of a price point.

[Edited on 4-2-2022 by squeezix]
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-2-2022 at 07:51

It's hard to even buy a few parts for a rotovap for $500. If they work for that price, it might be a good deal for some users. But the condenser on the ones I saw when I googled it appeared to be simpler than most rotovap condensers, so it may require colder water or slower distillation rates. If you google "RE-201D 1L rotary evaporator" you can find several sources of these from $500 to $1000 currently, so the price of $500 with shipping is very reasonable, compared to others. Maybe if anyone buys one here, they can review it.
stoichiometric_steve
National Hazard

Mood: satyric

[*] posted on 18-2-2022 at 13:29

Quote: Originally posted by squeezix  

That’s a little rough Steve.

It's just spot on. You'll know once you touch this shit.
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-2-2022 at 15:58

I'd risk it, how much for Canada? atm my budget is totaly shot for the need of power system and vehicle and such but when I got some spare cash
Mush
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-2-2022 at 17:03

Quote: Originally posted by Dr.Bob  
It's hard to even buy a few parts for a rotovap for $500. If they work for that price, it might be a good deal for some users. But the condenser on the ones I saw when I googled it appeared to be simpler than most rotovap condensers, so it may require colder water or slower distillation rates. If you google "RE-201D 1L rotary evaporator" you can find several sources of these from $500 to $1000 currently, so the price of $500 with shipping is very reasonable, compared to others. Maybe if anyone buys one here, they can review it.

In action:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yLZ7iaFVaQ

RE-501 Rotary Evaporator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0FJSYpDv4s
They had no problem with the re-501.

on the other hand :
"Sasa Malekovic
1 year ago
I had this model, the 90 degreese motor starts to produce high pitched souds over time, the collection flask developed crack from vacuum, the whole system won’t distil as much as they say, rubber sealings disintegrated withing 2-3 months....everything reported to seller, they don’t respond after 2 month. Bought on Ebay "

I think it is def. worth $500 with shipping.

[Edited on 19-2-2022 by Mush]
ChemIsFun
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-2-2022 at 19:14

Is LabDirect out of buisness or something? I've ordered from them before but I have emailed them multiple times and tried to message them with no response over the past week. They have some cool stuff that I wanted to order for my collection it would be a shame. I see they haven't been on Science Madness since posting this.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-4-2022 at 08:26

Quote: Originally posted by ChemIsFun  
Is LabDirect out of buisness or something? I've ordered from them before but I have emailed them multiple times and tried to message them with no response over the past week. They have some cool stuff that I wanted to order for my collection it would be a shame. I see they haven't been on Science Madness since posting this.

Not out of business. Richard is usually just very busy. Did you hear back from them?
aab18011
Hazard to Self

Mood: Moving out and setting up shop in my new chemistry hobbit hole

[*] posted on 28-4-2022 at 00:31

I can confirm Richard is busy. He has responded to me recently, but he seems like he has orders out the door. He has been slow for the past like 3 months. They seemed to have picked up a bunch of clients.

And they are def not going out of business. He has gotten me professional grade chemicals that are easily impossible for a home chemist to make for a fraction of what Id pay in my school lab. I mean like a 10 fold decrease. He took his time to do that, so I am assuming he spends a lot of time negotiating.

I am the one who boils to dryness, fear me...
H He Li B C(12,14) Na S Cl Mn Fe Cu Zn Ba Ag Sn I U(238)
"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" -Emiliano Zapata
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-4-2022 at 06:09

Quote: Originally posted by aab18011  
I can confirm Richard is busy. He has responded to me recently, but he seems like he has orders out the door. He has been slow for the past like 3 months. They seemed to have picked up a bunch of clients.
Yeah, I asked him how his business was going (thinking maybe Covid put a dent in their revenue), and he said that he's dealing with more customers than ever.
If you put an order in through the website then it's very quick. If its a custom order, you may need to spam him a bit, but its always worth it if you can be patient. He will certainly make it worth your time.

Quote: Originally posted by aab18011  
And they are def not going out of business. He has gotten me professional grade chemicals that are easily impossible for a home chemist to make for a fraction of what Id pay in my school lab. I mean like a 10 fold decrease. He took his time to do that, so I am assuming he spends a lot of time negotiating.
That's right. I ordered something from him a week ago, it should be arriving today. Richard puts a lot of work into making sure his customers get their dollars worth (usually more so). Very glad I got to know him.

Him and BackYardScience2000 are definitely my main suppliers (probably 90% of everything I get is from them, mostly BYS2K). I don't think I would be able to do nearly as much if it wasn't for either of them.

TLDR: Richard/LD is around, just keep sending him emails, and please be patient - It's always worth it.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-4-2022 at 17:07
Proof of life

deleted

[Edited on 30-4-2022 by SuperOxide]

Go To Top