Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking to sell my KNF UN816.1.2KT.45P diaphragm pump for cheap to a USA friend
Invictus
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-3-2022 at 02:50
Looking to sell my KNF UN816.1.2KT.45P diaphragm pump for cheap to a USA friend

Edit:I'm willing to sell this pump for $150 if you pay for the shipping service of your choice. It's an objective loss financially for me, but I promise the money isn't the issue and not my concern. I would rather someone from this community have it than go and sell it on eBay and break even or maybe make some money, but I would like to recover some small amount from such a wonderful piece of tech that's currently sitting idly by.

Hi all! First post on here but I promise I've got more interesting things to contribute to the community than trying to offload equipment. Nevertheless, I can't help but prefer to try and get this awesome little dude into the hands of someone that really needs it for an affordable price.

Full disclosure, I bought this on eBay for $249.99 on Nov 20th, 2021 because it was in full working order and a pretty little thing and I was in the market for a vac pump. I would have used it, but not two days after I received the little guy I somehow stumbled upon what I still consider my greatest theft ever (i.e. the seller sold the unit for WAY too little) in acquiring a KNF UN 842.3 FTP for $750.00, with a sound-suppression box, and that thing is a beast beyond measure. Rigged up a whole bunch of different regulators so I can use it for vac filtration all the way up to vacuum distillation.

Since then I've basically had no use for the little dude, but I loved him enough to keep him around. At this point, however, I'm ready to let him go and would prefer it end up in the hands of someone that really needs a quality vacuum filtration pump but can't afford to break the bank.

Here is the exact same model of pump. I suppose the reason I got it for only $250 was because the vacuum gauge was sort of "bent" in a way that prevented the needle from moving past it. I broke the glass on the front gauge to fix the internal defect and it works fine now. However I think the gauge is honestly pretty useless, and the real handy aspect of this pump is the regulator valve that comes built in.

I took off the gauge (but will obviously still include it if anyone here does wish to take this off my hands) and replaced the hole with a much nicer looking metal stopper, because again the gauge provided very little useful information but did appear to be accurate nonetheless.

See the above link for the specs and the pictures for the unit itself, but it works perfectly and pulls the advertised 120 torr. KNF pumps are addicting once you have one, and I guarantee this guy will last forever if you take even just half-decent care of it.

I'm in the USA, willing to barter on the price. You know what I paid for it, the thing is gonna run you about $1,200 new, but I'm only looking for like $225 or so. Negotiable, of course.

Hope I can find this little dude a nice home! Cheers, all.

-Invictus

IMG_5285.jpg - 1.1MB IMG_5291.jpg - 1.9MB IMG_5290.jpg - 2MB IMG_5286.jpg - 1.7MB

[Edited on 5-3-2022 by Invictus]
Invictus
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-3-2022 at 02:57

Also, here are the other photos of the pump. Couldn't post 'em all due to upload size limits.

Apologies for my less-than-professional photography studio. Yes, it's on an electric oven with lab diapers to make me look like the science man I always knew I was. I did not scrub the photos of exif data because I'm lazy and I trust this community isn't full of crazies. Anyways, thanks for considering, friends.

Feel free to U2U me or contact me at Invictus_US@protonmail.com. Cheers.

IMG_5288.jpg - 1.3MBIMG_5289.jpg - 2.2MBIMG_5287.jpg - 2MB
Invictus
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-3-2022 at 20:46

Presently have another user that gets first dibs having reached out to me via U2U. Will remove this post if a deal is made. Thanks, friends.

EDIT: pump has been sold, many thanks to the user that reached out about it. Given my nascence around here I don't see a way to delete an entire thread, but consider this case closed. Many thanks, and I'll be seeing you all around.

[Edited on 6-3-2022 by Invictus]
crow6283
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 14:40

So I purchased this pump from Invictus. Was very pleasant, helpful and prompt in messaging me and the pump was shipped fast and arrived in advertised condition. Just posting this in terms of a positive review as I know he may have some more equipment he’s trying to get rid of.

Thanks Invictus !!

Go To Top