Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I Bid the Forum Farewell
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-3-2022 at 12:43
I Bid the Forum Farewell

Hello Everyone,

The past little over 2 years on this forum has been great. I have learnt a lot from all the members.
But it is time for me to go, I will be active for another 2-3 days wrapping a few things up, but after that I will no longer be on the forum or any other forum for that matter. The mods can deactivate the account leaving the posts or whatever they wish.

Thanks
Syn'
SWIM
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-3-2022 at 14:05

They'll leave the posts up, as otherwise their removal would make reading threads you contributed to difficult to read.
Also, it would mean we'd lose your contributions, which would be a pity.

It's been good getting your views, and I expect many here will miss your posts as I will.

Best of luck in whatever projects you may be doing i future.

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 6-3-2022 at 16:51

Sorry to see you go, Syn. I am sure there is a back-story.
If you ever feel the urge, your account will remain and you can pick up where you left off.
Thanks for all your contributions, and good luck on your next adventures.
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 7-3-2022 at 07:49

Safe travels, hope your future is bright and rewarding whatever it has in store for you. Good luck.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
7-3-2022 at 12:00
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 9-3-2022 at 11:09

A bit of insight as to why I am leaving, and the possibility of returning in the future.

The past 2 years have really worn on me in my personal life. I spent the last 2 years in a town of 14 elderly people and no body to really talk to, my mental health has really degraded from being alone for so long. All the while doing Zoom schooling due to COVID which also made Chemistry a lot more difficult and I ended up dropping the course. Being a student I had little money and was not able to afford a car to drive to the city on occasion. It has also made legal proceeding of family court very slow and I have not seen my children in 2 years as their mother is a Bitch for lack of better words.

All of this has made me very crusty in life. I fully deleted my Discord account and handed of leadership of the Server I was running to another Mod. I was starting to get angry at stupid little things and argue over semantics. I was starting to make an ass of myself because of stupid little arguments. Even here I was starting to get snippy, that post about separating xylene isomers, I was getting snippy with tedore. I think it is best for me to leave at least for a little while.

In hind sight it was silly for me to suggest a mod disable my account as that would mean I needed to make a new account if I did decide to come back.

As well I have been working on developing my Glassware/Reagent business which I am hoping will be my light at the end of this shitty COVID tunnel we are all in.

Syn'
Jenks
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 09:39

When you get your business running, please let us know about it here!
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 10-3-2022 at 13:14

Sounds like you are making some good decisions.
I do hope you pop back at some stage even if it is just to let us know you have landed on your feet.
J.
Kobold vor NH4
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 04:30

Good luck Syn! Sounds like quite some serious stuff you go going on. Hope things go well for you!
Syn the Sizer
National Hazard

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:46

Hello Everyone,

After seeing replies here and the messages I got in my inbox. I think I will probably return at some point, and will at very least check in so say I am still alive every so often.
I knew the forum was friendly, but honestly, I forgot how friendly. After becoming Mod of the PoorMans Chemist Discord 18 months ago I largely became inactive here and focused on that than about 9 months ago became Server Manager. I loved the job but I think dealing with the Discord trolls daily skewed my memory of the server. Damn does Discord have a lot of them and I was becoming one too.
In hind sight I wonder if dealing with all that on top of everything else also contributed to the stress, not trying to blame something else but it really was stressful. I can only imagine what the Extplosions and Fire server is like to mod, nothing but the utmost respect for those mods there, as well as mods here in Science Madness and The Vespiary mods for dealing with all this.

I do feel I need to sign off everything for a bit and focus on my business and personal life. But I will at very least check in so say I am still alive every so often.

I will make another post in a little bit with my business info for everybody. There was minimal interest in Discord so I figured it would be same here too.

Syn'

[Edited on 11-3-2022 by Syn the Sizer]
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 11:52

Always good to recognize when you need a mental health break. It's easy to get sucked into a toxic internet bubble, especially the last couple years with the pandemic making healthy in-person interaction less accessible. I wish you the best! Your account will always remain open here. Quite a few people take a year or five off now and then. It's practically to be expected.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
karlos³
International Hazard

Mood: oxazolidinic 8)

[*] posted on 11-3-2022 at 18:11

All the best for your efforts Syn :)

verrückt und wissenschaftlich
XeonTheMGPony
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-4-2022 at 04:47

When ever life gets you down, just remember, as long as you have a pulse and are metabolizing glucose via oxidative reduction, you have options!

Take care and be good.
Sulaiman
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-4-2022 at 07:24

just want to add my best wishes too... good luck.

regarding leaving; SM is a little like the hotel california,

You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!

CAUTION : Hobby Chemist, not Professional or even Amateur
j_sum1
Administrator
Thread Split
1-5-2023 at 03:11

Go To Top