Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: ANSU mixture questions.
JohnDoe13
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-5-2022 at 21:21

You can also achieve VERY good results with well dried donkey shit. Read Urbanski for more information.
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2022 at 21:35

Quote: Originally posted by JohnDoe13  
You can also achieve VERY good results with well dried donkey shit. Read Urbanski for more information.

That was page 313 volume 3 right? For me it didn’t work but I tried mule shit, and while the author explicitly warns against it I thought it would still work.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 7-5-2022 at 22:27

Main error of the MineMan was used the Mule shit. Because donkey shit work always from No.8. ......:D

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2022 at 22:28

However, I wrote that the croissant works. And it's verified. It contains fats, dextrin, yeast and other ingredients that increase sensitivity. I used to have an accurate video preparation on YouTube. With test of sensitivity on No.8. But the video was soon blocked. The essence and key to success is low density (0.5 - 0.8) and larger grain. (3 - 4 mm).
But this whole thread is basically fun. If (here) someone is interested in huge charges, and asks questions in this regard, they are suspicious. Sesearchers (usually) such qouestion not putting.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
MineMan
National Hazard

[*] posted on 7-5-2022 at 22:28

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Main error of the MineMan was used the Mule shit. Because donkey shit work always from No.8. ......:D

I was trying to rise above your greatness and I failed.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-5-2022 at 01:52

I am not chemist. Only inventor without deeper knowledge. Only my feeling for a new mixtures is higher. Similar a like some musicians has feeling for tones, sing exactly and wonderfull wihout study of theory of sing. And they alone don´t know why.
But using donkey shit is base of all research.........:D

Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 11-5-2022 at 08:38

Oh. Forget ANSU. It is very hygroscopic. This is an old school example that shows that ammonium nitrate mixtures with any fuel can explode.
The stichiometric mixture of ammonium nitrate with wheat flour is easier. It is not hygroscopic. It has the same critical diameter of 20-22mm at 0.9g/cm3. It is 4% more powerful than ANSU.
Incidentally, ANFO detonates in a diameter of 30 mm at 0.9g/cm3 if special heat treatment has passed and became porous.

[Edited on 11-5-2022 by Etanol]
Ankit1612
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-12-2022 at 12:20

anyone can mention mixtures of urea nitrate?
Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 27-12-2022 at 04:09

Quote: Originally posted by Ankit1612  
anyone can mention mixtures of urea nitrate?

urea nitrate-ammonia nitrate?
Ankit1612
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-12-2022 at 08:32

Any mixture other than,
Urea nitrate-ammonium nitrate,
Urea nitrate-aluminium powder.

can i use urea nitrate-potassium permangnate, urea nitrate-sucrose mixture?
if yes then please mention the ratio.And it's detonation velocity.

[Edited on 29-12-2022 by Ankit1612]

[Edited on 29-12-2022 by Ankit1612]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-12-2022 at 10:02

You can use Urea nitrate in system Wrappolite. Without exact ratios. Without aluminium powder. Without potassium permanganate. VoD will cca 4000m/s.
http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=159189

Ankit1612
Harmless

[*] posted on 29-12-2022 at 11:30

That's looks amazing!!
i'll try it..

But i want to know that, i can use urea nitrate and KMnO4,sucrose mixture?
Because i've some amount of urea nitrate and i want to detonate it.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-12-2022 at 13:26

KMnO4 is not compatabile with urea nitrate. It can starting self - burning process I guess. Sucrose is for AN (and UN) weak fuel and not provide any advantage. Against Alu foil or alu powder, which is super fuel for any energetic mixture. Using KMnO4 and sucrose is it's pointless. It won't make anything better. (At using urea nitrate as main active compound.)

Ankit1612
Harmless

wink.gif posted on 29-12-2022 at 19:38

what about urea nitrate-PETN??
karolus28
Hazard to Self

Mood: zgrzyt

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 11:18

Quote: Originally posted by papaya  
Composition is - 6:1 mass ratio of Ammonium nitrate to MSM

Okay, so I tried this today. 35g of the mixture with 1,5g of CuO added while still molten, stirred it so that it solidified into small chunks. I attempted to detonate it with ~2g ETN with a thick round cardboard body, underground, but unfortunetly it didn't work. The MSM was pure supplement grade.

I was able to make it pop with a strong hammer blow. It doesn't seem to pop without iron/copper oxide.

I will definitely try it with aluminum.

As a side note, I'm kinda frustrated as the only things i've been able to set off without a booster is ANNM and ANSU with 5% dichromate. Now I'm looking around to see whether I can find an AN based booster mixture that is made up of relatively accesible and cheap materials, so no aluminum, NM or perchlorates(and I want to avoid dichromate). I also tried ammotropin (91:9 AN/Hexamine + a few % of TACN) in a metal case and it failed also, perhaps I just suck at making things go boom. I'm not asking to be spoonfed, but I welcome anything that makes ammonium nitrate very sensitive.

Maybe I'm being picky and since i already ordered 1kg of flake, i might drop that idea :D.

Hi, please read about exif data.
papaya
National Hazard

Mood: reactive

[*] posted on 9-7-2023 at 16:04

An:MSM produced by a co-melting method never declined to detonate, even in plastic PP water tubes of about 16mm internal diameter, only thing I guess iwas wrong s that the melt must be puverized after cooling (it takes several hours to a day to completely solidify from somewhat waxy state) and that is done with coffee grinder the best. Melt cast will not work even with ETN, at least not in that quantities maybe. For pulverised stuff no need for any boosters - as small as 500mg primary is enough, maybe even less. Additives like oxides etc wdre never tested, only Al powder PARTIALLY replacing some MSM gives extremely powerful mixtures. Also - ammotropin not working is a big red flag, it may be something with your AN?? ammotropin is serious and sensitive stuff, only problem is it likes moisture too much, but otherwise its extremely easy to set off, that is wierd you have problem s. Maybe recrystalize and properly dry your AN first.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2023 at 02:03

Papaya has absolut truth. Ammotropin is very sensitive without any next adding. Is sensitive on 0.5g primary. At density 1.25/g cm 3. Problem is in your AN, maybe hexamine. But almost sure in AN.

ShotBored
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-7-2023 at 07:16

Quote: Originally posted by karolus28  
I also tried ammotropin (91:9 AN/Hexamine + a few % of TACN) in a metal case and it failed also, perhaps I just suck at making things go boom. I'm not asking to be spoonfed, but I welcome anything that makes ammonium nitrate very sensitive.

Agreed with papaya/LL.

What is the color/consistency of your AN? Any discoloration or clumpiness may indicate the presence of moisture...even 0.5% moisture can screw things up. It has to be extremely dry...in my industry any AN with moisture over 0.05% moisture is redried until it meets the requirement, as it screws everything up otherwise.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-7-2023 at 10:51

karolus28.......Do you basic test...?... pure (and dry) NH4NO3 has melting point 169.6 Celsia......:cool:...(boiling 210 C + decompose)

karolus28
Hazard to Self

Mood: zgrzyt

[*] posted on 11-7-2023 at 16:05

Thanks for help,
It definitely must be the AN, even though I'm sure it has no additives besides MgO coating(34N fertiliser, fully dissolves, very slight yellow tinge when dissolved, grows nice nitrate-like crystals), I did a recryst and its drying. I assume the best way to dehydrate it would be to first drive off the water at low heat on a pan and hotplate with a fan blowing on it and then raise the temperature above 100*C and keep raising it until something like 130*C?

[Edited on 12-7-2023 by karolus28]

Hi, please read about exif data.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-7-2023 at 22:40

There is nothing wrong with nitrate from fertilizer. If long (10cm) crystals form, it is pure AN. Proven drying method: 1) Put 500g AN from crystallization on a stainless steel pan. 2) While stirring constantly, increase the temperature up to 170 Celsius. You create liquid. 3) stop the heat supply and constantly stir with a stainless steel spoon. AN will begin to change itself into (anhydrous) crystals of 1 - 3 mm in size. During crystal formation, stirring requires great force and speed. At AN temperature of approximately 40 C, store these crystals hermetically. The whole process takes no longer than 30-40 minutes.

Etanol
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 15-7-2023 at 07:12

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  

Ammotropin is very sensitive without any next adding. Is sensitive on 0.5g primary. At density 1.25/g cm 3.

At 1.25? Have you checked?
It seemed that an Ammotropin is easily detonated only at 0.6-0.9g/cc.
Above 1.0 g/cc it detonates only from a powerful intermediate charge.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-7-2023 at 08:25

https://patents.google.com/patent/US3247033A/en

The foregoing measurements illustrate the fact that the explosives of this invention can be made with reaction additional confinement of the steel walls can be shown to approximately offset the effect of the diameter reduc tion. It will be noted that the explosive composition of this invention behaves under these conditions as an almost ideal explosive up to a density of 1.25 gm./cc., beyond which the velocity falls off with further densification. Thus, under these conditions the composition of this invention is much more brisant than the conventional materials, as is evidenced by the much higher detonation velocity. It is also capable of detonating at considerably higher loading density and therefore has a substantially higher possible bulk strength than the two conventional mixtures. Therefore, performance differences between the explosives of this invention and conventional ammonium nitrate-fuel materials when they are densified are clearly marked and unexpected, and as the data in FIG- URE 1 illustrate, the differences are of such a magnitude that for many practical purposes where high bulk strength and high brisance are needed, the explosives of this invention can now qualify Whereas conventional ammonium nitrate-fuel mixtures cannot be used.

Yes, for best sensitivity, respectively on primary only, is better 0.9 g /cc.

EF2000
Hazard to Others

Mood: wrooom

[*] posted on 4-11-2023 at 07:02

Since this thread ascended from simple ANSU question to unexpected revelations about AN/DMSO2, I'm going to post it here.
I'm very interested in that mixture, not only because it's so simple and powerful, but also because it's not hygroscopic.
So I decided to add to it another interesting mixture, Lithex, hoping that DMSO2 will protect it from moisture too. Since LiClO4 is very soluble in most solvents and hot dimethyl sulfone is excellent solvent (like DMSO but very hot), I decided to try 1:1 mix.

First I heated 1 part DMSO2 powder in a beaker on electric stove. When it melted to clear liquid I added 6 parts of AN in small increments. Since it's fertilizer grade AN, it had some troubles dissolving, there was a lot of those white granules on bottom. But I stirred like hell with a spoon put through hole in plastic wrap and added more heat.
At first it all crumbled, like all liquid phase was absorbed in AN granules, but then AN started melting+dissolving too and it almost cleared.
Added 1.4 part of hexamine, it rather quickly dissolved. Then slowly added 5.6 parts of lithium perchlorate (adjusted for water content of trihydrate, it's ~8.5 parts). My LiP is very hard plate-like clumps, almost impossible to break, so it had troubles dissolving too, but determined stirring and adding heat helped again.
Addition of LiP made liquid more yellow-white, so when everything dissolved it looked like condensed milk, tan homogenous liquid with no clumps or granules left.

Since prospect of hot, skin-penetrating solvent with a lot of lithium salt getting in contact with any part of me scared me too much (kinda lethal mood stabilization), I decided not to pour it on prepared metal surface and let it solidify in a beaker.
After cooling, it's very viscous liquid, resembling condensed milk even more.

On attached pictures: beaker with almost complete mixture during heating (some crystals of LiP still left)
Same beaker slowly cooling, more wrap to not let DMSO2 and hexamine evaporate

photo_2023-11-04_15-41-15.jpg - 68kB photo_2023-11-04_15-50-11.jpg - 101kB

[Edited on 4-11-2023 by EF2000]

Wroom wroom
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-11-2023 at 02:44

OK, interestling....So you mixed
----------5.9%.....DMSO2..................OB -129
--------35.5%.....NH4NO3..............OB + 20
---------8.3% ....hexamine...........OB -205.5
-------33.0%.....LiClO4.................OB +60.15
------17.2%.......H2O..................OB zero

Final oxygen balance should by + 2.292 which is relatively good for firt attempt. Best mixtures are usually with negative oxygen balance, usually from - 5 to - 20. But no wonder the mixture is liquid. You have there 17.2% water from perchlorate trihydrate. If will mixture is sensitive to No. 8 it will be a miracle.......:cool:

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top