Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: risk of nitrosamines in GHB from GABA tek?
DaniloTraverg
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-6-2022 at 07:07
risk of nitrosamines in GHB from GABA tek?

Recently completed GHB from GABA as per chromic's instructions, except I didn't do a vacuum distillation but rather steam distilled all the GBL by adding more water during the steam distillation.

What I'm curious about is the risk of nitrosamines, as I heard that some will make it in the final product no matter what. Also I didn't boil with the active charcoal but rather I mixed it for 20 mins before filtering it out.

Does anyone have any reassurance that steam distillation doesn't carry them over, or that they are destroyed or removed by some other way in the tek?
mackolol
Hazard to Others

Mood: Funky

[*] posted on 18-6-2022 at 07:41

Steam distillation will probably carry them over as it's not the regular distillation that separates compounds based on their b.p. difference. It rather carries over all the stuff along with dirt by forming an azeotrope or something like that.

If you can't afford direct distillation of the substance, maybe just try boiling it with activated charcoal for I would say 30mins at least and with big volume of activated charcoal. I doubt that just cold mixing with the carbon would help.
DaniloTraverg
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-6-2022 at 08:41

Quote: Originally posted by mackolol  
Steam distillation will probably carry them over as it's not the regular distillation that separates compounds based on their b.p. difference. It rather carries over all the stuff along with dirt by forming an azeotrope or something like that.

If you can't afford direct distillation of the substance, maybe just try boiling it with activated charcoal for I would say 30mins at least and with big volume of activated charcoal. I doubt that just cold mixing with the carbon would help.

Will do, that's probably why it still has a faint butyric smell and is also slightly yellow (very slightly, only when looking at a full container under the right lighting), as I've read a lot of nitrosamines are yellow.
brubei
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-6-2022 at 07:42

Nitrite stick test are available for aquarium water (see picture)

https://c7.alamy.com/compfr/rhpet1/test-stick-pour-les-nitra...

I'm French so excuse my language
DaniloTraverg
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-6-2022 at 08:01

Quote: Originally posted by brubei  
Nitrite stick test are available for aquarium water (see picture)

https://c7.alamy.com/compfr/rhpet1/test-stick-pour-les-nitra...

These should detect nitrosamines or?

Go To Top