Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: eBook (German): Brauer available now - complete
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

Mood: swinging

[*] posted on 26-2-2004 at 04:14
eBook (German): Brauer available now - complete

Now finally I finished the first volume of the famous German book "Brauer, Georg - Handbuch der Präparativen Anorganischen Chemie". I put it together with the second and third volume (which were already available since December) and created a single file. This makes searching for a synthesis/text a lot easier (note: just the last index register is for the whole book). Here some details:
  • 2149 pages

• 600 dpi black/white PDF

• OCRed text underneath the bitmaps => full-text searching is possible

• Page number in the book = page number in the file

• 32,5 MB (Silx-compressed)
Georg Brauer's three-volumed handbook deals with the synthesis of a large number of inorganic compounds. It describes the most effective methods to prepare pure chemicals in laboratories.

Those who want the book shall go to Streamload, sign up for a free account and tell me their username by email or U2U message. I will send the book to you as quickly as possible.

If you don't like the combination of all three volumes to one file, you can also have a single file for each volume (Vol. I 618 pages 8,81 MB; Vol. II 808 pages 12,1 MB, Vol. III 719 pages 11,4 MB). I will send the multi-volume file and the three single-volume files to your streamload-account. So you can choose what you want to download. [You will need a RAR-packer (like Winrar) to put the splitted archive together.]

Have fun!
Mephisto
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-2-2004 at 07:33

We would be grateful if you could upload it to the FTP. Contact Eliteforum for further details.

Nice work.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

[*] posted on 26-2-2004 at 12:29
Sorry

Nope. I'm sorry. I've uploaded the files from an internet-café, because I've got just a slow analog dial-up connection at home (the files are all together 61,8 MB big). And now I don't want to pay twice for its upload. But I'm sure someone here is willing to do this.
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 26-2-2004 at 12:33

ok will do this. got a nice speedy connection for which I dont pay, so it's all good!
Great work!

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 26-2-2004 at 17:24

Ok the books are on the FTP now (unzipped, as zipping makes only a very small difference).
For now they are in the root directory, but I U2U'ed Eltiteforum to put it into the intended directory (Brauer Preparative Inorganic Chemistry in German).
No more streamload (I hate it.. since they shut down my 'multiple accounts' lol)

Again, great job mephisto! Great books too! The best I know on preparative Inorganic Chemistry!

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

[*] posted on 27-2-2004 at 05:12

Thanx.

If you use more than one free-account at streamload, you had to clear cookies between changing the accounts. I think its also necessary to have different IPs, when changing accounts in a short time (I use a proxy for this).
Its very annoying, when they shut down your accounts, but I don't know another company, which gives you 100 MB webspace one month for free. That's the reason, why I'll continue using streamload.
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 27-2-2004 at 05:38

<b>Great!</b>

Excellent work!

And it will help my studies in German as well as be a good reference.

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"

Go To Top