Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: OTC nitroethane source
Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 08:51

And that was not in a second package? You have to label it somehow.
DocX
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 10:02

Yeah, but preferably not with the reagent name slapped on the outside of the package.

Yes, that is Nitrochemis.
It's not my picture though. But the user who shared it with me gave the product and the seller official praise, he was just a little put off by the packaging :). I was just about to order from there, but this was an absolute dealbreaker.

I have no interest in P2NP, I just wanted some nitromethane and nitroethane. But with labels like that ... I mean, it doesn't really matter if you're Up To No Good or not, that kind of packaging warrants unwanted attention anyhow.

Luckily, there's solid alternatives. Not with the great prizes nitrochemis offers, but I'd rather pay a little more than have these things sent to me.

[Edited on 20222222/10/3 by DocX]
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 13:37

Quote: Originally posted by DocX  
I was just about to order from there, but this was an absolute dealbreaker.
Me too.. well, and the fact that they won't ship to anyone outside the EU. That made it an even easier decision, lol.

I have no interest in P2NP, I just wanted some nitromethane and nitroethane. But with labels like that ... I mean, it doesn't really matter if you're Up To No Good or not, that kind of packaging warrants unwanted attention anyhow.

Luckily, there's solid alternatives. Not with the great prizes nitrochemis offers, but I'd rather pay a little more than have these things sent to me.

I'm in the same boat. What solid alternatives are you talking about for nitroEthane?

The only two routes I know of to synthesize nitroethane are pretty low in terms of atomic efficiency. But I don't really need that much of it anyways (honestly, I don't even have a specific use planned for it). But I'm curious what alternatives you're referring to.
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 3-10-2022 at 14:45

The picture is from the nitrochemis webpage directly where they state that they take care to label and declare everything correctly. The picture is to show how professionally it is packed. I asked a little bit around and this in the picture comes of course packed in another envelope or cardboard box, this is not in plain sight for everybody handling the parcel, what would be not only unusual but most probably it would be against postal regulations about everywhere.

I attach the original picture from Nitrochemis.com, which tells that it just proof for good packaging, something what is not always guaranteed at other places.

In my opinion this is much better then to have unlabeled mystery crystals in a package as those would go to closer inspection for sure if the package got opened. This now looks exactly like it should look like - professional, official and with all the right in the world to be there.

P-2-N-P-AGENT-100g.jpg - 75kB

Irgendwas is ja immer
DocX
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-10-2022 at 02:08

Quote: Originally posted by Organikum  
I asked a little bit around and this in the picture comes of course packed in another envelope or cardboard box, this is not in plain sight for everybody handling the parcel, what would be not only unusual but most probably it would be against postal regulations about everywhere.

Funny. Because I asked around and got the exact opposite answer.
In fact, in the right part of the label the persons contact information (including telephone number) was printed. What would be against postal regulations do you mean?

It's good if things are well packaged, declared and everything. But maybe not if it's a content that can be deemed suspicious. Those are the kind of shipments you want packaged in an anonymous cardboard box labelled "Toys". Whatever your intent is.

[Edited on 20222222/10/4 by DocX]
Mateo_swe
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-10-2022 at 05:39

Long time ago i ordered a liter of nitroethane from a company in Italy, i think it was Eurochem or something very similar.
It was quite expensive, but its expensive everywhere.
I remembered i got mail from them a year later offering it at half price, but its also several years ago now.
If anyone need some it might be worth checking out if they still sell it in small volumes, they usually sell by the barrel.
DocX
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-10-2022 at 21:47

Quote: Originally posted by SuperOxide  
I was just about to order from there, but this was an absolute dealbreaker.
Me too.. well, and the fact that they won't ship to anyone outside the EU. That made it an even easier decision, lol.

I'm in the same boat. What solid alternatives are you talking about for nitroEthane?

The only two routes I know of to synthesize nitroethane are pretty low in terms of atomic efficiency. But I don't really need that much of it anyways (honestly, I don't even have a specific use planned for it). But I'm curious what alternatives you're referring to.

Well, right here for example :). Just a few posts above or below this one you’ll find Chemship’s listing. He comes highly recommended, by me and any number of people.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-10-2022 at 18:01

Well, right here for example :). Just a few posts above or below this one you’ll find Chemship’s listing. He comes highly recommended, by me and any number of people.

Great! I just ordered some from him based off of your referral. Thanks :)
crow6283
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 11-10-2022 at 05:15

Look a little closer at Acrifix’s products one of them is mostly nitroethane.
SuperOxide
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-10-2022 at 22:23

Thanks to your referral to chemship1978, I was able to add 500g of nitroethane to my inventory :-D

Will definitely do business with chemship again.
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 11-12-2022 at 02:46

ill let you guys in on a little sneaky trick- and in this context it seemed to pay off.

type this into google

acrylic glue "nitroethane" msds

lets see if "nitroethane" msds will do too? ok no that didnt go well, just popped a bunch of sales of pure stuff up

glue "nitroethane" msds gave me this
https://signgeer.com/media/productattach/e/x/extru-fix_msds.... - issued in 2019 so probably still a thing, based in UK
it says 5-20% by weight, 500mL, 25-100g? 20 pounds for one unit, rest is DCM.
bonus, 30-60%!!
https://www.theplasticshop.co.uk/plastic_safety_data_sheets/... says 2009 though
https://www.edplastics.co.uk/Tensol%20-%20bostik/Extrufix%20...
https://www.trentplastics.co.uk/adhesives-tapes-cleaners/ext... 25 pounds 500mL possibly 30-60%, further digging in MSDS's just makes it more unclear- however impossible to order outside of the UK seemingly.

https://unionesadhesivas.com/es/index.php?controller=attachm...
cyanoacrylate remover, nitroethane blend, 2009- acetone wasnt good enough? HernonCyanoacrylate Remover 14 €542.50 for 10x55mL bottles, idk about that.

ACRIFIX® 1S 0116 Pure-V contains ethyl formate and nitroethane- also pretty neat combo - on link they explain it has no DCM but doesnt mention nitroethane any longer, safety datasheet doesnt reveal much, this might be decent concentration of NE, based on the secrecy. 1kg is 85 dollars
https://plastic-craft.com/acrifix-1s-0116-pure-v/

[Edited on 11-12-2022 by Antiswat]

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top