Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Methyldioxymethylxanthines and MDephedrines
QuieraƱa
Harmless

[*] posted on 27-12-2022 at 17:03
Methyldioxymethylxanthines and MDephedrines

Hello. I really have tried to find any reference for this in cyberspace and cannot. Caffeine is a great stimulant and it occured to me that it might be possible to attach the methyldioxy prefix to it or even mdtheobromine. Is this even possible? Can you imagine THAT coffee shop? Also, what abput methyldioxyephedrine? That should at least be possible and even user friendly. A person might WANT to have a stuffy nose instead. I am simply curious. What do you think?
tyro
Harmless

[*] posted on 28-12-2022 at 22:20

I'm no pharmacokineticist, but I believe it's been stated before: translating functional groups from one active molecule does not in any way guarantee any analogous change in activity to another. Receptors are complex structures where small differences in the binding molecule can make huge differences. And, if I'm not mistaken, xanthines affect a wholly different set of receptors than phenethylamines; so, even more so.

Additionally, I see nowhere at all that the methelendioxy bridge could be added to caffeine without completely altering the skeletal structure.
QuieraƱa
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-1-2023 at 09:43

Thank you for even answering. I did wonder this for years.. still... what if?
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
7-1-2023 at 22:06

Go To Top