Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Calcium Carbide for Europe
Herr Haber
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-1-2023 at 11:24
Calcium Carbide for Europe

I've got a little less than 5 kilograms of CaC2 that wont fit in my main 30 liters barrel. I have more than I need for my lighting needs for the years to come.

I'd be happy to send the extra I have within Europe for the cost of shipping.

The chunks are big, middle, small, the carbide is rather fresh and shows no sign of having been exposed to moist air for any period of time.
The issue with these bigs chunks is that they wont fit in a cheap container that I could put in a box for shipping.

I often put CaC2 in plastic bags then in my backpack before I go for my underground excursions so I dont really see the harm of putting as much carbide as I can in a ziplock bag, another bag, saran wrap the sh** and put it in a box.

Seing that the shipping cost for a parcel a little under 2kg should be between 15 or 20 Euros I'd rather cram as much as possible in the package.
I could also eat a lot of yogurt if I find some that I like with a resealable lid but that would mean less carbide though safer.

Who would be interested ? I guess I can spare 3 x 1.5kg so that would be three people.
All suggestions for shipping as much as possible for as little money as possible are welcome.
Shipping within Europe only.

IMG_3703.JPG - 167kB

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
HeinzBeans
Harmless

Mood: Drifting

[*] posted on 26-2-2023 at 13:59

Heya, is this offer still available? And could you deliver to the UK?
Thank you :)
Herr Haber
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-2-2023 at 12:05

Hi,

I got two U2U's, I took a while to answer one, the other didnt reply to my last message.
I'm here with a flat rate postal box paid 21 Euros in which I'm alllowed to put up to 3kg. I dont know how much can fit inside exactly but the idea is to cram the box as best as possible.

I'd much rather ship within Schengen space. I've recently received / sent packages to the UK and... delays are long and customs are in high gear (I was asked twice for paperwork that was provided, one package inspected).

Also, if possible I'd like to send it to a known member of the forum.

The spirit of adventure was upon me. Having nitric acid and copper, I had only to learn what the words 'act upon' meant. - Ira Remsen
arkoma
Redneck Overlord

Mood: украї́нська

[*] posted on 28-2-2023 at 07:52

damn, why can;t i live on the continent...could find out what "act upon" meant!

[Edited on 2-28-2023 by arkoma]

"We believe the knowledge and cultural heritage of mankind should be accessible to all people around the world, regardless of their wealth, social status, nationality, citizenship, etc" z-lib

Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 28-2-2023 at 13:12

Hi Herr Haber, I didn't see your message last time, but I would like some carbide! Shouldn't be too expensive to ship over the border.
Herr Haber
International Hazard

wink.gif posted on 8-3-2023 at 10:48

Quote: Originally posted by arkoma  
damn, why can;t i live on the continent...could find out what "act upon" meant!

[Edited on 2-28-2023 by arkoma]

Oww such a sweet talker, how can I resist? Ladies must be all over you :)
I cant guarantee they'll stick around if you decide to discover what "act upon" means when you get those "volcanic rock samples" :D

Sent another parcel today with 2.2 kg to another forum user.

Go To Top