Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Allophanic acid
underground
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-2-2023 at 16:24
Allophanic acid

Allophanic acid seems to be a promising ligant. In this video there is a test of caclicum chlorate with allophanic acid as a ligant. It is a primary and there are so many more complex salts that can be used as ligants.

Allophanic acid can be made with urea and sodium bicarbonate

H2NC(O)NH2 + NaHCO3 → H2NC(O)NHCO2H + NaOH

42.5g of NaHCO₃ and 30g of Urea was reacted in warm solution to prepare Allophanic acid. In a separate run, the mixture in 150mls distilled water was stirred at 80°- 85° Celsius under a fan (ventilation) until 115mls of water had evaporated. Allophanic acid precipitates. Remaining in solution is caustic soda. Precipatite can be treated with dilute HCl to remove any stray Na ions.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 13:49

Interesting mixture. The test at high density and detonation against steel sheet is decisive. A thin aluminum sheet from the can, can be penetrate easy with using high-quality flash powder.
But which does not have initiation effects on secondary energetics materials...:cool:

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
andyloris
Harmless

Mood: Lazy

[*] posted on 14-2-2023 at 09:41

Wouldn't the hoffman rearrangement of allophanic acid yeild hydrazinecarboxylic acid ? It also looks like a promising ligand.
Wouldn't hydrolysis of hydrazinecarboxylic acid with sulfuric acid give a higher yield of hydrazine than other methods ? (less damage from sodium hypochlorite)

[Edited on 14-2-2023 by andyloris]

Always trust your first idea, especially if you only have one.
DraconicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-victorious.

[*] posted on 14-2-2023 at 10:45

That doesn't make any sense. What kind of acid is going to precipitate from a solution of sodium hydroxide instead of getting neutralized by it?

Please remember: "Filtrate" is not a verb.
Write up your lab reports the way your instructor wants them, not the way your ex-instructor wants them.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 16-2-2023 at 05:04

DraconicAcid......right....procedure seems a like nonsense.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 16-2-2023 at 06:02

The lure of stupidly easy chemistry techniques & minimal equipment plus cheap & easily available OTC precursors is strong.

Much as with the organic peroxides? Attractive to similar SKILL LEVELS? I know where that combination is going.

We don't know for sure what the actual species produced may be? No characterization for impact, friction or ESD sensitivities yet documented?

And the quantity that fits in a .22 short case appears quite capable of wrecking a hand.

--------------------

After looking at about a dozen of the "Explosives Laboratory" videos:

https://youtu.be/BtYlVgxjLI0

That boy is asking to have a serious accident from incompatible material interactions if he keeps compounding decidedly lethal size batches of HE mixtures the way I cook gumbo- Pinch of this, dash of that, let's toss in some leftovers from another dish...

He's using brass rimfire cartridge cases and/or copper tube as detonator shells in contact with not yet well characterized, experimental primaries, frequently including chlorate/perchlorate salts? That on top of mixing in everything but the kitchen sink in his boosters & main charges.

It's all fun & games until you see some inside bits are now on your outside.

Screenshot_20230216-075849_YouTube.jpg - 876kB

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top