Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: first post
chewyguy2005
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-3-2004 at 18:24
first post

I tried to detonate 4ml of mekp with a detonator in a controlled space and nothing. I used H2SO4 as the catalyst and sodium bicarbonate as the neutralizer. It worked with the last batch that I made and the only difference was that I used HCL instead of H2SO4 and I only detonated 2ml.

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by chewyguy2005]

[Edited on 11-3-2004 by chewyguy2005]
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 10-3-2004 at 19:16

This bon mot is not appropriate to the thread in which it was originally posted. You didn't perform any sort of controlled experiment. You're not asking for help performing a controlled experiment. You're not providing any rare insights on the chemistry, preparation, or initiation of energetic materials; neither are you asking questions that would help you to obtain those insights.

This is as if you posted "one time, I lit this firecracker and it exploded. Then I lit a bigger firecracker and it didn't explode. The only difference is that the bigger firecracker was yellow and the smaller one was red."

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
chewyguy2005
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 19:22
lighten up

Thanks for singling me out Polverone. You could have just notified me like all the others, instead of giving me my own topic and insulting me.
chloric1
International Hazard

Mood: Stoichiometrically Balanced

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 19:30
??????

Uhem! Hey Wookie, you started the thread! Take the grief and learn from it. All Polverone is saying is to use more insight when you post.

Fellow molecular manipulator
chewyguy2005
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 19:36
?????????

I didn't start this thread I posted in the methyl ethyl ketone peroxide thread and he put my post up as a new topic.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 11-3-2004 at 20:26

He's correct, I split the thread. No hard feelings I hope, chewy. It's irritating whenever people act contrary to the stated board policies (as found in the <A HREF="http://www.sciencemadness.org/madscifaq.html">FAQ</A>;), but I notice it more when new members do it, because whenever I see new members register I look at what they've posted that day (if anything).

I don't feel like reviewing a long thread, so I say to those posting in the MEKP thread: I hope you aren't talking about your little blowing-things-up tests! If you are, it gives the wrong impression to other members or future members. This is not a forum for energetic materials applications (unless you have something really novel to discuss).

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 15-3-2004 at 09:56

Examples must be made or no one will ever learn.
Look at my title. "insane" I said some things and was quikley labled insane.
BTW, its ok I like my title:D

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
chloric1
International Hazard

Mood: Stoichiometrically Balanced

[*] posted on 23-3-2004 at 11:05

Quote:
Originally posted by IgnorantlyIntelligent
Examples must be made or no one will ever learn.
Look at my title. "insane" I said some things and was quikley labled insane.
BTW, its ok I like my title:D

Yes IGI, I have always been entertained by your posts. It is good to be unique and remembered as aposed to being a faceless sheep in the herd.:D

Fellow molecular manipulator

Go To Top