Author: Subject: Exploitation of the global economy, the coming collapse
EatsKewls
holmes1880 (banned)

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 11:58

Quote: Originally posted by Rosco Bodine  
Quote: Originally posted by EatsKewls  
[Until then I probably will think I got it about right.

R.B, you always have a rebuttal to literally everything. This thread is 22 pages long and you won't find a single post here where you agree or concede on anything that you initially disagreed on.
That isn't true, but you want to believe it so it must be for you what is true.
Quote:
I don't think anyone could convince you of anything other than what is already part of your set frame of mind.
That is not the way I am and it isn't how my mind operates. I change my mind about things when the facts require that to be done.
Quote:
I should make a rule to myself and others should take note not to debate with people who believe in Holy Bible.
Maybe that would be a good idea since you think it is a criteria for demagoguery when it isn't, but you have a lot of illusions which you mistake for facts, so that one comes as no real surprise
Quote:
It's a likely road to nowhere. Especially if, heavens forbid, you start debating religion. If someone read the Bible and didn't go "My, that is awfully inconsistent and quite implausible", then there is a very deep problem there. But let me not go any further on that topic.
It seems very curious that the bible and religion would be brought up as a last resort kind of means of dismissing valid rational and logical analysis which runs counter to your agenda, as a sort of kill the messenger strategy for a secular message you don't like. That is simply your bias operating and is intellectually dishonest, another straw man. Make the messenger a scarecrow and target him for slings and arrows. You estimate I am the clown at a dunking booth where you have an endless supply of baseballs, but you have no arm for the task at hand.
Quote:

Obviously, Bill Maher is dead wrong about everything and he is just spiteful!
As a fountain of demagoguery yes he is wrong about the things he finds as material, but his material understandably has appeal to the level of intellect which is impressed by demagoguery for not recognizing it for what it is.
Quote:
Lots of intelligent people agree with him on a lot of issues, but just because it displeases you as it goes against your mindset doesn't mean he is wrong.
Lots of people who think themselves to be intelligent or are regarded as being so by others are as half bright as their admirers.
Quote:

Now, let us all enjoy this blessed Sunday.

I would concede that is an intelligent suggestion

It seems bizarre that it would stir up controversy when I point out there is a distinction between the use of the term "republican" using a lower case r as in the Horace Mann commentary in that first video posted by anotheronebitesthedust, as opposed to the differing meaning and attribute for the word Republican as spelled with a capital R meaning the conservative political party as would be mischaracterized, demagogued, or confused by a propagandist comedian like Maher for example, or by others who would for selfish political purposes try to confuse the distinction. Glad I was able to clarify that, along with addressing any comic illusion about the Tea Party being racist as well.

[Edited on 18-3-2012 by Rosco Bodine]

So, you don't rebuttal everything? Wowy.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 12:10

I stand by what I said in quoted bold or ordinary type. if you go back a couple of pages there is dialogue involving me where there is no disagreement or rebuttal, only discussion. You falsely portray and mischaracterize me and the discussion because you can't refute the point of some things I have offered which you don't like ...so you then make it personal with an ad hominem attack and with psychoanalysis and demagoguery. When I respond to that dishonesty by calling you out on it, you only resort to one upmanship on the continuing ad hominem attack. Ummmm.....hasn't that neurotic kind of tactic gotten you banned before as being a habitual "shit stirrer" ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYPJOCxSUFc The Boxer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjI7VeIA7ZI The Quest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqXCeG7UHYA Mrs. Robinson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkCKaAgu8h4 The Sound of Silence

[Edited on 18-3-2012 by Rosco Bodine]
anotheronebitesthedust
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 14:33

Yes but in and of itself knowledge alone is not power. Think about Stephen Hawking or many other similar examples.
You're right, being healthy is a form of power as well. Still, somebody must be wiping Stephen Hawking's ass right? That counts for something.
There are some not too bright persons who have had great power.
Yes but take a look at the dictators in the Middle East for example. They were able to hold power for such a long time mainly by withholding knowledge from the masses, and forcing nonsense religion down their throats. A dictator only needs to be smarter than 51% of the population. As soon as the internet became popular shit got real. In North America the methods used to control the population are much more cunning, but I am sure that eventually the 99% will begin to realize that the western financial system is completely fabricated. Debt can be deleted as easily as it is created. It's all about domination and submission.
International Hazard

Mood: HSbF6

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 14:40

Moving on...

What so you guys think about this?

Quote:

The Ten Sacred Principles of The Way of Yo

We hold these truths to be self-evident,

I. That all humans are sacred beings that come into the world with equal unalienable Rights.

II. That among these Rights are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

III. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among people, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That these Rights may be constrained when, and only when, their constraint is necessary for the maintenance and operation of an effective Government that can secure these Rights.

IV. That these Rights may not be constrained because of religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, race, discomfort with the ideas espoused or actions taken by others, or any other reason that may be put forth to justify constraint other than that constraint that is necessary for the operation of an effective Government that can secure these Rights.

V. That all children should be given the chance to grow, thrive, be loved, and to explore their potential to the fullest. That all people —whether children or adults—who have not had sufficient opportunities must also be given the chance to thrive and grow, to the fullest extent that the community can provide.

VI. That, as profoundly social creatures, we can only achieve our potential when we have the option of participating in healthy, supportive, loving relationships and communities. That participating in the creation of such healthy communities is the sacred duty of all Yoans.

VII. That adequate food, shelter, clothing, health care, and other material essentials—in addition to free access to information, including the accumulated stores of human knowledge and culture —are necessary for these Rights to be realized. All who are willing (whether able or not) to engage in a fair share of productive work have a Right to have access to these essentials, at least to the degree necessary for the exercise of these Rights.

VIII. That it is our sacred duty to protect the life sustaining biosphere and the diversity of living creatures.

IX. That—in addition to loving, cooperative communities—dangerous ideas, forces, delusions, and sick coalitions of people abound in our world, a world filled with deceptions and self-deceptions. These dangerous others can NOT be identified by the extent to which what they believe conflicts with what we believe. Rather, these dangerous others can be identified by the degree to which they act to deprive others of Life, Liberty, and the ability to pursue Happiness. It is our duty to help others come to understand these Sacred Truths and to enable The Wayof Yo to grow into an effective force for healing our world. Simultaneously, it is our duty to continually recognize the danger of defining in-groups (Us) and out-groups (Them), for such definitions have been used to justify and encourage terribly evil actions against others. Toward this end, we include in our Gatherings the singing of The Hallelujah Prayer of Yo.

X. In pursuit of these goals, Yoans are not guided by dogmatically proclaimed, fixed truths. All Yoans turn to the court of their personal, direct experience of the world and then, employing the Open Source Truth Process, join together in our collective attempt to formulate the current (best we can do at the moment, unfixed, and open to further revision by the community) Open Source Truths (OST's) that guide us in our pursuit of these Sacred Goals.

Quote:

The 7 Main Beliefs

These are the fundamental beliefs and values that—following The Way of Yo—the community has come to adopt. These beliefs form the current foundation for Yoan thought and practice. When we take a careful look at human history, we see that those societies whose core beliefs did not include most of these ideas and values were misguided, at best, and stagnant, unstable, suffering, or ill, at worst. To heal ourselves and our world we turn to these principles—the stronger our commitment to them, the stronger we are.

I. Yo - Yo is the name we give to the Divine Mystery that manifests as our world of experience. The Way of Yo is based on a religious meme system that is consistent with the world as it is directly experienced today by people everywhere.

II. Empiricism - Personal experience and intersubjective verification provide the foundation for belief. We reject truth based solely on authority. This is the basis for our faith in the Open Source Truth Process.

III. Community - Healthy communities are the foundation for emotional well being and spiritual fulfillment.

IV. Evolution - We turn to the theory of evolution, our only "scientific theory of creation," in order to develop a valid understanding of the forces that brought the human species into being, that "shaped" us into what we are. This enables us to see ourselves more clearly and to take actions that are consistent with the realities about who we are.

V. Democracy - Until a more effective and just model for organizing human affairs is demonstrated, Yoans participate in the attempt to develop democracy's untapped potential.

VI. Environmentalism - As traveling companions—hurtling through space inside a limited, closed ecosystem—we are all inter-dependent keepers of what Buckminster Fuller called "Spaceship Earth."

VII. Growth - We must all work to continually introduce others to these values and beliefs by engaging their minds and by building welcoming communities that truly transform our relationships and inspire others to do the same.

Quote:

Following The Way of Yo, our core doctrines and beliefs, including The Book of Yo, are created and refined through the Open Source Truth Process.

This process is an emerging social technology that was developed by Yoans working with students and faculty at The Center for Public Leadership at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government.

The project aims to create a new way for a group to explore and articulate the nature of reality and a common vision for our world. The goal is to include the broadest range of human experience, while minimizing the degree to which the articulation of truth falls victim to factionalization and power struggles (politics).

Placing the development of the Truth Process—a new technology for deriving our collective "meaning," values, and beliefs—at the heart of a community of action is a necessary and unique safeguard against the dogmatic pitfalls that plague communities built on shared beliefs.

Chimpanzee Politics: Authority vs Leadership
This is a major issue that we must struggle with as a community: How do we prevent power factions from forming, competing, and then perverting our original mission/vision? We call this the problem of “chimpanzee politics,” following Riley Sinder (a professor at Harvard’s School of Public Leadership). The idea is that human history is characterized by rampant, political power struggles. There appears to be a universal tendency among human males to form aggressive, power seeking coalitions. Furthermore, this tendency to engage in "Chimpanzee Politics" (click the link to see real chimps demonstrating their "politics") may be an innate evolutionary carryover that, in rudimentary form, goes all the way back to before the human line separated from the other great apes.

Regardless of the roots of such tendencies, true "leadership," in this analysis, is comprised of actions taken by individuals that further the group’s genuine aims. For an example of leadership, consider Rosa Parks, the black woman who, at the right moment and time in history, refused to move to the back of the bus and helped spark a major struggle that advanced civil rights in the US. The civil rights movement itself took its form under the true leadership of Saint Martin. Despite whatever shortcomings he may (or may not) have had as a man, he bravely led the U.S. through a difficult transition, even when it became clear to him that, like Moses in the Biblical tale, he was unlikely to survive long enough to be able "to enter the promised land."

"Authority," in contrast, is typically the result of a successful struggle for power, in which a small faction ends up exercising control over the group, its resources, decisions, and actions. The controlling power coalition then exercises power in the pursuit of its own agenda, often to the detriment of the larger group, e.g., the Religious Right’s rise to power in the US.

Compare the tone and ideals presented by a leader like John F. Kennedy (in the video above) with the values and ideals of the Bush Administration, an authoritarian coalition that was put in power by the highly organized support of the fundamentalist, religious right. Especially consider the profound disrespect for reality—a complete failure to exercise even a semblance of empirical responsibility—demonstrated by such authoritarian coalitions.

Rather than lead the group forward, the authority acquired by the Bush Administration's successful right wing, religious coalition was used to undermine vital constitutional safeguards of democracy. In addition to eroding the hard one freedoms for which America had stood, the control exercised by the Bush Authority did extensive damage—global political, military, environmental, and economic damage—to the larger group (including most of those who voted for Bush) within the U.S., not to mention the damage outside of America. In contrast to what we would call genuine "leadership," the U.S. was controlled by an authoritarian coalition, whose interests, goals, and values were not in line with with the true interests and best aspirations of the larger group.

Authority may be used to lead a group forward in pursuit of its genuine interests, needs, and aspirations, i.e., to exercise leadership. But since successful power struggles are based on effective coalition forming that often has little if anything to do with the larger group’s genuine interests and goals—e.g., consider the history of religions in general, or the rise to power of Nazism or Soviet Communism—there is no reason to assume that leadership will coincide with authority.

Indeed, all other things being equal, the coalition that places its rise to power above all else (including the interests of the group) is likely to be more successful in the competition with other coalitions. Therefore, there is good reason to expect that authority and leadership will diverge. This is a central problem for Yoism (as well as for all humanity and for any attempt at creating a functioning, sane democracy). We see our current solutions/safeguards as a work-in-progress. Further contributions to this solution are needed. We hope you will join in the effort to forge an effective, lasting solution.

Evolving Truth
The Open Source Truth Process aims to ensure that the Yoan Community's core writings and beliefs will evolve over time, as everyone—based on each person's own direct experience of Reality —is invited to provide input and improvements. Through this process, participants will gradually uncover, refine, and document the Truth.

By "Truth" we simply mean the clearest expression of a system of ideas and beliefs that is most consistent with Reality as it is directly experienced. Ours is a truth that you can test and experience directly, with your own senses and mind. Our truth is not based on narrow human authority (dogma, received wisdom, and "imposed truths"). Rather, it is based on the broad authority of the collective, human experience of being-in-the-world, i.e., the human experience of reality.

For Yoans, the most profoundly meaningful experiences are found in our involvement in community, our engagement with one another, our struggle to find ways to act cooperatively without denying our conflicts, and our commitment to our shared, emerging vision for the future of humanity. We commit ourselves to this collaborative effort for ourselves, our families, our species, and our planet. Thus the Yoan Truth Process—a process thoroughly embedded in deep human engagement designed to produce our most accurate view of ourselves and our world—is sacred.

Our Truth Process depends on the increasing involvement of many people with diverse life experiences. Only through such diversity will our truths always be improving. If you would like to get involved, if you have a suggestion about how to improve our articulation of the Truth, or if you see something on these web pages that doesn't jibe with your experience, please register and add a comment or use the link in the box at the bottom to send us a message.

A word to the wise: NEUROFEEDBACK

http://citizenworks.org/corp/dg/s2r1.pdf
http://www.newscientist.com/mobile/article/mg21228354.500-re...
http://www.shadowstats.com/article/no-414-hyperinflation-spe...

"To expose a 15 Trillion dollar ripoff of the American people by the stockholders of the 1000 largest corporations over the last 100 years will be a tall order of business."
Buckminster Fuller

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 15:31

Quote: Originally posted by anotheronebitesthedust  
Yes but in and of itself knowledge alone is not power. Think about Stephen Hawking or many other similar examples.
You're right, being healthy is a form of power as well. Still, somebody must be wiping Stephen Hawking's ass right? That counts for something.
Sure it counts for illustrating the power of the will to live and endure the humiliation of helplessness. There are unconscious people in comas that receive care also, but it has nothing to do with what they know. It has more to do with others and the character and nature of human beings.
Quote:

There are some not too bright persons who have had great power.
Yes but take a look at the dictators in the Middle East for example. They were able to hold power for such a long time mainly by withholding knowledge from the masses, and forcing nonsense religion down their throats. A dictator only needs to be smarter than 51% of the population. As soon as the internet became popular shit got real. In North America the methods used to control the population are much more cunning, but I am sure that eventually the 99% will begin to realize that the western financial system is completely fabricated. Debt can be deleted as easily as it is created. It's all about domination and submission.

For an illiterate population what is religion can be interpreted any way that the literate may desire and they don't know the difference from being led or misled. So yes among the kinds of power the power to deceive is high up on the scale of what may be different kinds of power. There is plenty of that kind of power evident in the world even today as a result of people being deceived.

Note:

It is too late for me to edit a bum link which I posted yesterday in my reply introducing the Allen West related
video clips which should be educational. The first link I copied carried from my clipboard the Wallace interview with Rand which was the last link in a previous post, so the link doesn't match the description of what I posted, but here
below is the correct link. Maybe a moderator can fix the link for me in yesterdays post. I think the Colonel's clarity and honesty is refreshing, and it agrees precisely with what I have surmised to be the case all along, but this is the first time I have seen it publicly stated absent PC obfuscation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkGQmCZjJ0k Colonel Allen West Answers a Marine's Question

The question of Muslim terror was never so succinctly answered as here by Allen West. (Courtesy of The Hudson Institute's Reclaim American Liberty Conference).

@497 But what happens if there erupts a jihad with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, or the Church of Bill Maher, or the Church of Kill Bill, or the Church of the SubGenius....all competing for the establishment of a global caliphate ? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt9MP70ODNw Church of the SubGenius

It could get down right namaste :D

On a more serious note the "Yoan" manifesto needs comprehensive review and critical examination on several points where it is plainly defective.

[Edited on 19-3-2012 by Rosco Bodine]
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 15:39

I just hope that someday people will not be struggling to earn enough money to live a decent life.
Part of the solution will likely involve population control measures.
EatsKewls
holmes1880 (banned)

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 17:39

Quote: Originally posted by AndersHoveland  

100% true. Problem is that we have to influence the other multipliers like China, India, and Africa. Populations grow exponentially, so when those countries just go over the quota of 2.1 children per couple you get several millions more than existed before.

Now, we were talking about our deficit and gov-nt overspending. Well, I think it is pretty clear from a 2012 discretionary federal budget that having 3/5 of our spending go to the "MILITARY" is where there is the sucking sound. Sucking dollars straight in the pockets of military contractors and Middle-Eastern "peace-keepers". I wonder, wouldn't those two parties benefit by like billions of dollars from having these types of military affairs? Gosh, that sounds really like a good thing for them! Which brings me to RB's critique of me harping on his likes for the holy book. Not accepting common faith and religion is a sign of critical thinking and independence that is necessary for electing our government and choosing the direction of the country. We're talking about some very difficult issues and it is hard for me not to remind that while you think "this and this" you also believe in "that" which happens to not make any sense. I don't think it's a cheap shot just because its your "faith". Don't mean to hurt your feelings. This is boxing, so roll with the punches.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 19:06

Quote: Originally posted by EatsKewls  
Quote: Originally posted by AndersHoveland  

100% true. Problem is that we have to influence the other multipliers like China, India, and Africa. Populations grow exponentially, so when those countries just go over the quota of 2.1 children per couple you get several millions more than existed before.

That's right, if the other major players are not on board and going along with a plan to change things on a global scale, no one country alone is going to have any ultimate outcome changing or defining effect on the shape of things to come.
Quote:

Now, we were talking about our deficit and gov-nt overspending. Well, I think it is pretty clear from a 2012 discretionary federal budget that having 3/5 of our spending go to the "MILITARY" is where there is the sucking sound. Sucking dollars straight in the pockets of military contractors and Middle-Eastern "peace-keepers". I wonder, wouldn't those two parties benefit by like billions of dollars from having these types of military affairs? Gosh, that sounds really like a good thing for them!
If you operate on the premise that soldiers do nothing but live to kill 24/7/365 and do one tour after another, year after year of combat duty....then yeah that would be just perfect.
Quote:
Which brings me to RB's critique of me harping on his likes for the holy book. Not accepting common faith and religion is a sign of critical thinking and independence that is necessary for electing our government and choosing the direction of the country.
No that's not true at all, it is only a sign and credential of atheism, and nothing else. But as a generality it is also often a sign of an accompanying amorality including dishonesty as too frequent companion attributes for the same secular "character"
Quote:
We're talking about some very difficult issues and it is hard for me not to remind that while you think "this and this" you also believe in "that" which happens to not make any sense.
It happens to not make any sense to an atheist. But it also happens to not make any sense to a muslim. Any person can believe whatever they choose to believe as a matter of faith. You can believe that the earth will still be in its orbit tomorrow and that the sun will not supernova.....but that doesn't mean that a different reality may be in effect when tomorrow arrives. You may believe in the messiah of slackness, or no messiah at all....your call, and it's your right. But it isn't your right to equate having faith with being afflicted with a global systemic psychosis....as you are attempting to do. And it is plain wrong to do so anyway. You are attempting to define boundaries for what is rational thought for other individuals regarding secular business based upon what they may believe in terms of faith. That is irrational to the same extent as making an assertion that homosexuals cannot be skilled piano players and pretending that Van Cliburn and Liberace never lived.
Quote:
I don't think it's a cheap shot just because its your "faith".
Well you don't think clearly about a lot of things so why should you recognize atheist demagoguery for what it is.
Quote:
Don't mean to hurt your feelings.
My feelings aren't hurt at all
Quote:
This is boxing, so roll with the punches.
I'm still standing, how's the weather down there on the mat?
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 19:31

Rosco come on this will never end if you keep engaging these guys on this subject. They are proven trolls. Is it not obvious the argument is going nowhere?

"To expose a 15 Trillion dollar ripoff of the American people by the stockholders of the 1000 largest corporations over the last 100 years will be a tall order of business."
Buckminster Fuller

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it."
Albert Einstein
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 20:50

Yeah you are right. And because nobody caught the bum link ...it tells me something further ...nobody is looking anyway,
so the premise of debate is itself likely a ruse for a different agenda other than discussion.

[Edited on 19-3-2012 by Rosco Bodine]
froot
National Hazard

Mood: refluxed

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 22:23

I've been quietly following this topic every day hoping to see another post from Franklyn. I find his take on the economic climate rather interesting and hope the rest of the clutter does not get this topic locked. Please take it elsewhere.

We salute the improvement of the human genome by honoring those who remove themselves from it.
Of necessity, this honor is generally bestowed posthumously. - www.darwinawards.com
EatsKewls
holmes1880 (banned)

[*] posted on 18-3-2012 at 22:25

Nobody here is trolling, so, please, take off your tin hats. You, as always, worry about the wrong conspiracy.

Quote:
If you operate on the premise that soldiers do nothing but live to kill 24/7/365 and do one tour after another, year after year of combat duty....then yeah that would be just perfect.

Nope, I was not talking about soldiers but the money going to "contractors" and "peace keepers". There are other people in Iraq and Afghanistan who get paid a lot more than soldiers for building things and settling disputes. There are companies who offer their services to U.S. military to do things. Ever heard of Halliburton? Google it.

And then we have the producers of ammunition and machinery. Billion dollar business. Guess what happens when there is no demand is low.....aka when we are at peace? The inventory sits on the shelf and old boys don't get paid. They want to get paid. What are they supposed to do when the demand is low?

Now think about these "commitments" that McCain and Bush liked to make. Iraq wasn't just about oil and getting back at Hussein for Papa Bush. There were other incentives to strike up a little conflict.

The fact that it doesn't even cross your mind is pretty damn terrible.

GreenD
International Hazard

Mood: Totally f***ing high, man!

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 10:08

Obama declares an Executive Order in peace time for total control.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/execut...

ʃ Ψ*Ψ
Keepin' it real.
Check out my new collaborated site: MNMLimpact.com
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 10:59

Not much trolling yet, but it looked to be moving quickly in that direction.

Yes, many government organizations are selfserving, this should be accepted fact. It is undoubtedly harmful to most everyone else. Is there even any possible way to change that without a complete collapse and reconstruction?

Fossil fuels won't be going anywhere soon, and they won't be running out soon either. See the attached graph.

Edit
I never mentioned oil. Are you going to try and tell us we don't have much gas and coal left either?

[file]18029[/file]

[Edited on 19-3-2012 by 497]

IEA_2008_CSIRO_2011.jpg - 78kB

Buckminster Fuller

Albert Einstein
GreenD
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 11:06

I don't think we have that much oil left.

There are trends within the large consumers that strongly state other wise.

ʃ Ψ*Ψ
Keepin' it real.
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 12:49

Quote: Originally posted by GreenD  
Obama declares an Executive Order in peace time for total control.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/execut...

It does appear to be on its face an executive order by Obama for a peacetime unlawful implementation of Martial Law. This is brazen tyranny and fascism and is essentially a public announcement of a coup d'etat and establishment of fascism by Barack Obama. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck ....

A power grab by Obama ?....what a surprise there huh

So why isn't the mainstream media all over this story ?
Because propaganda ministries publish what they are told

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC6_sLyjphY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0TM6P3311w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApB92-28uAI a detailed paragraph by paragraph analysis

International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 13:28

The thing people don't mention, is that a very similar order was made in 1951 and has been updated by every president since then. Capable of being used for a power grab? Sure thing. Something new? Not at all.

The real story here is that presidents have long been capable of this kind of power grabing crap. People are finally finding out, and assuming it originated with Obama, since it fits with their fear/hate nicely.

Buckminster Fuller

Albert Einstein
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 13:47

There is a huge difference about emergency war powers contingency plans being implemented during peacetime ...that is the clincher. Yes such emergency plans have been around for ages, for use exclusively as an emergency contingency plan ......not to be implemented capriciously at the discretion of the president during any non-emergency scenario, without congressional approval and for a limited time. Such an exceutive order for peacetime application is seditious.
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 16:03

So is snopes lying? http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/ndrp.asp

Also what's big deal about the peacetime part if we are going to be in several wars for the next ? years. There are plenty of excuses available already, what difference will a peacetime provision in an executive order make?

Buckminster Fuller

Albert Einstein
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 16:36

A good conspiracy theory should be good for at least a week or two of hysteria. And yeah so far as the peacetime aspect,
well a true peacetime was long past already, a long time ago. Good the lawyers are saying it is boilerplate language and still a contingency plan and not what it appears. Tea Party sites are saying it is a tempest in a teapot.

[Edited on 20-3-2012 by Rosco Bodine]
EatsKewls
holmes1880 (banned)

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 20:02

What really beats me is how Fox News is all over Obama on every little thing they do and where the hell were they when Bush was in office.

George W. Bush was quite certainly the most disgusting political crook in modern history. Started an unnecessary war, bankrupted the country, mismanaged a terrorist attack, encouraged deregulation that led to some major bubbles, slashed personal privacy with Patriot Act, etc...

This is why I can't watch Fox News for 1 minute without getting pissed. So, if you dislike Obama more than you dislike George W. Bush....you are a racist.

International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 20:33

Okay okay, enough about Obama already... If someone can put forward a good argument for why we should continue discussing him (or any other president) maybe I'd change my mind. Until then I have to humbly request that people stop filling the thread with complaints and arguments about what we can't change and/or is in the past. Start an Obama/Bush bashing thread!

[Edited on 20-3-2012 by 497]

Buckminster Fuller

Albert Einstein
johansen
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 21:52

I for one don't understand the Obama bashing either.
Look, the simple fact of the matter is that Bush was supposed to be assassinated and Cheney was supposed to launch WWIII :D

and now for real content.
this man makes some interesting claims.
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2012-12-19/was-mf-globa...

And there are conflicting reports about whether or not Russian troops are in Syria.
seems this issue just won't die.

should we start a poll for predictions on an Iran war?
GreenD
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-3-2012 at 07:00

Rosco - you have asked that I don't play god with you, i.e. I shouldn't tell you to be less wasteful.

Yet you advocate for population control.

ʃ Ψ*Ψ
Keepin' it real.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-3-2012 at 08:09

Quote: Originally posted by GreenD  
Rosco - you have asked that I don't play god with you, i.e. I shouldn't tell you to be less wasteful.

Yet you advocate for population control.
Even as a self-proclaimed troll, you do realize that you're wasting your effort, right? That man is completely blind to his own inconsistencies and hypocrisies. And this even though his own self-professed belief system, the one that includes the parable of the mote and the beam, warns explicitly to avoid that kind of blindness.
 Pages:  1  ..  21    23    25  ..  44

Go To Top