Old man driven out of business by the DEA

http://www.mercurynews.com/saratoga/ci_19385037
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 23-11-2011 at 19:43

Quote: Originally posted by gutter_ca  
http://www.mercurynews.com/saratoga/ci_19385037
The product is called Polar Pure, and it's essentially 5-6 g of I2 crystal in a special bottle that allows field dosing with saturated I2 solution. The bottle is a clever trick that could be used for other low-solubility substances.

Unfortunately, it falls afoul of the DEA Diversion regulations as a List I chemical. The fee they're asking him to pay is that standard one for sellers of List I chemicals. Whether or not you agree with the List I regulations at all is a separate matter, but past that there's nothing untoward here.
madscientist
National Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 26-11-2011 at 21:18

Quote:
Wallace says federal and state agents have effectively put him out of business, because authorities won't clear the way for him to buy or sell the iodine he needs for his purification bottles. He has been rejected for a state permit by the Department of Justice and is scheduled to appeal his case before an administrative judge in Sacramento next month.

Quote:
"Methamphetamine is an insidious drug that causes enormous collateral damage," wrote Barbara Carreno, a DEA spokeswoman. "If Mr. Wallace is no longer in business he has perhaps become part of that collateral damage, for it was not a result of DEA regulations, but rather the selfish actions of criminal opportunists. Individuals that readily sacrifice human lives for money."

Ha.

I weep at the sight of flaming acetic anhydride.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 27-11-2011 at 04:31

Quote:
"Methamphetamine is an insidious drug that causes enormous collateral damage," wrote Barbara Carreno, a DEA spokeswoman.

And the activitities of the DEA put in place the conditions that maximise drug-related collateral damage!

quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 12:28

'Beavis and Butt-Head'-types, were coming into camping stores and buying everything they had on the shelves," Camps said. "Then they would take off into the mountains and try to cook meth with it."

madcedar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-11-2011 at 16:26

I love the old guys attitude:

Quote:

"These are the same knotheads that make you take your shoes off in the airport."

I don't know why he just didn't pay the $1200 and do the paperwork because he was selling a boat load of the stuff. Still, I have to admire his attitude. He he he.
jon
Hazard to Others

Mood: paranoid distrustful apprehensive

[*] posted on 14-12-2011 at 23:09

why buy the iodine if he was smart he would have employed subterfuge and made his own iodine.

Give me librium or give me meth!
Patrick Henry....
haroldramis
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-2-2012 at 22:33

"For Wallace to comply, the state Department of Justice fingerprinted the couple and told Wallace he needed to show them such things as a solid security system for his product. Wallace sent a photograph of Buddy sitting on the front porch."

HAHAHAHA

[Edited on 3-2-2012 by haroldramis]

Go To Top