Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Alchemy Brand Glass?
cyanureeves
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-5-2012 at 19:47

well i just bought 6- #9 stoppers for $11.00 they are 15-16 mm long x 9.3 at the ground joint top end and i miked my thermometer port of 10/30 and it was at about 9.7mm x 30 so i am hoping it will fit. i found a really good bargain at science lab .com but the guy there got really raunchy with me so i dont want to go back begging.i only told the guy that if my order wasnt able to be shipped not to charge me for shipping because one seller actually wanted me to pay a cancellation fee for the tracking notice that was automatically sent to my e-mail.
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 12-5-2012 at 06:16

Quote: Originally posted by cyanureeves  
does any one know what number pertains to 10/30 penny head stopper? some sellers have a given number for stoppers,for example# 24 would be 24/40 and #19 is 19/22 etc.. i have seen #9 and is close to 10/30 but have not seen any #10. thank you.

Stoppers come in two flavours the Standard Taper flavours where they will be say 24/40 and the stopper sizes which only indicate the maximium diameter number Ie a #24. the stopper joints are shorter and will jam in a standard taper.

There are a couple of threads which explain the diffrence in detail.
runne
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-5-2012 at 19:01

I've purchased a few ground glass items from them. Great quality compared to bomex.
... if only they had some 24/40 erlenmeyers... ;)
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top