Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Less human, more machine!
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

Mood: Unhuman

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 11:31
Less human, more machine!

I read an artical that border line talked about this...
This world(humans) have always tried to finish quiker, push harder, stop faster, go farther, win win win! Americans are already addicted to caffine, nicotine, ephedra, even sugar rushes. This society is build for speed. We as humans for some reason always want more. While any other life form(except viruses) subsides when their share I obtained, we puch, prod, fight for more. For some(including me) I dont think being human is enough. People like me are always trying to better themselves no matter what the costs. I have friend who smoke weed occasionaly, maybe some shrooms if they have em.... I dont like doing these things. Its fun for a bit, but it makes you stupid, lazy, WORTHLESS. I have recently been pretty interested in Methamphetamines and other stimulants that increase stamina, intelligence, eye sight, hearing, reaction time, etc. When on crank/speed/meth you feel as though your a machine. Capable of almost anything but smart enough to know your limits. Your smarter(due to brina proccessing much much faster) more productively energetic, abtter in every way. Since begining to use it about a month ago my grades have gone up dramaticaly, I get more done around the house, I do tasks with ease. I am better in every way.
While sitting with my friend on his couch talking at 10000 words a minut we were discussing mankind, this country, the world. We tried and tried to think of a way to make a chemical that could be ingested to make a human not human but a machine. Meth almost does this but you still need oxygen and water. (food and sleep are unimportant for up to a week) I was thinking that an "oxygen pill" could eb made. When something is ingested it is digested and sent into the blood. Why couldn't your oxygen need be settled through your stomach and not your lungs? You would still get all your needed oxygen. I do not know enough about laws of compounds to know how you'd go abotu getting a pill that could react to make oxygen but I do believe that chemistry can solve all. Any thoughts on this would be very interesting...

PS: I do not abuse any substance. When I do use it I do it in the morning and thats it. I still force myself to eat all day, drink alot of water, and most importantly sleep at night. I play sports and am very healthy.....please, no lecures on drug abuse as you would be preaching to the choir.

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
DDTea
National Hazard

Mood: Degenerate

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 13:35

I've tried pseudoephedrine for the purposes you describe... I didn't take it frequently, but occasionally--on those days when I really wanted ot focus in school (test days and such). I must admit, it worked well for its purpose! But after that little buzz ran out, a crash followed. I have no idea why a normal dose of Sudafed would affect me this way (OK, i took their maximum specified dose...), but the next day I would be half-asleep (or fully so) the whole time. Then I decided..hey, let's mix this with Caffeine pills (as caffeine speeds up the absorption into the body), and that was just unpleasant. So, now I've given up Pseudoephedrine, and I'm lessening my caffeine intake. I would suggest everyone else do the same--you will feel much better!

Anyhow, you know already about the dangers of abusing these drugs, so I won't lecture you. Watch out for becoming a Meth addict, though. You're right when you say that American society is too rushed...and British too (why do they run wherever they have to go? Really--men in business suits can be seen *running* through London. British are weird). I say, slow down and enjoy life. Drop the caffeine, the Sudafed, or whatever else, and get yourselves on a natural sleep schedule; you'll feel a lot better. Well, maybe you don't have to drop the caffeine altogether, as I still enjoy several cups of tea each day--but I do drink some decaf, and I don't go for Espresso as often (though I do when I get the chance).

Wow, you're starting to sound like a Communist, Ig--with the talk of lazy people being worthless ;) :P
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 21:04

Well....half right.
My opinion is that we arent moving fast enough. I hate humans, and love machines. We need to be machines. Our soldiers need no food, sleep, water, oxygen, nothing but ammo. There is medication to change our bodies to fit our needs...take away pain, loose or gain weight, go without sleep/food/water, be smarter.......ANYTHING.
You were right about one thing....Yes, I am communist.

\"People fear from ignorance what they do not have the intelligence to understand\"

\"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation.\"

\"A fool would rather not question, a soldier is taught not to question, a slave dares not question.\"

\"To fight for nothing is to love nothing, to die for something is to have lived for something.\"
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 11-4-2004 at 21:10

I'm actually thinking of getting our brain out and make them work on artificial supply of protein, hormone, etc... made by bacteria and thing like that.

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 18-4-2004 at 17:11

Quote:

Well....half right.
My opinion is that we arent moving fast enough. I hate humans, and love machines. We need to be machines. Our soldiers need no food, sleep, water, oxygen, nothing but ammo. There is medication to change our bodies to fit our needs...take away pain, loose or gain weight, go without sleep/food/water, be smarter.......ANYTHING.
You were right about one thing....Yes, I am communist.

You are NOT a communist, IIG. In my party you would not have been accepted as a member, and our rules are not very strict. You are a fascist, and as such, our enemy.

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
tom haggen
Hazard to Others

Mood: a better mood

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 08:03

Methamphetamines are one of the most disgusting destructive drugs in all exsistance. I have done almost every drug under the sun, and I know what I'm talking about. There is nothing you can say or do, to justify the use of methamphetamines. No matter how in control you think you are, meth will over power you. I have seen countless souls flushed down the toliet do to the use of this drug. The human body is a design of nature. It is optimized to run as efficient as possible. It is ready to use as is, and no drug can improve performance. Yes there are exception to every rule so there is no need to list off a bunch of what if's. My point is, is that meth will definitely not improve the performance of your body. If you think it will, your title of moderatly insane should be upgraded to Insanity Meltdown. Machines, Bombs, Bullets... Where do you think all of these things come from. From inside the human brain. The Human Brain is the most powerful tool on this planet. How do you think all of these technological achievements came to be? From determined clear headed individuals, not from skeletonized meth addicts. You should try thinking before you speak, it worked wonders for me.

:cool:

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by tom haggen]

N/A
axehandle
Free Radical

Mood: horny

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 08:57

Hear, hear. 100 % agreed.

My PGP key, Fingerprint 5D96 E09E 365D 1867 2DF5 C2FE 4269 9C19 E079 CD35

\"Verbing nouns weirds the language!\"
Turel
Hazard to Others

Mood: Thixotropic

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 10:05
Methamphetamines

Phenylisopropylamines (and their N-methyl analogs) exhibit very strong biochemical diversity, depending on their structure variations. To group them all together and collectively call the entire class of compounds 'horrible' by assigning the (mis)value of methamphetamine itself, to all of them, is rather hasty and shallow.

Many amphetamines and some methamphetamines have some very positive properties rarely found in any other class of pharmaceuticals. All drugs have potential for abuse. You want to talk about a drug with a very high potential for self destruction, consider heroin (most especially synthetic opioids).
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

thumbdown.gif posted on 19-4-2004 at 13:13
geez ig!

I don't think you could accurately be labeled as communist, although I do think your proper label would also start with a capital C! :D

As for the intial topic of this thread, Machines are tools, just tools to an end, people are life.

To typify life, would require all the descriptive words in the dictionary, all life is everything (and nothing) at any one moment in time.

as for maligning drugs of various sorts, someone might first consider the inherently neutral nature of collections of atoms.

Chemicals are not evil spirits capable of taking over a person and making them do bad things, "I am a drug addict!" is the new "the devil made me do it!" cry of the twenty-first century.

Heroin and other opiate substances have made the horrific pain suffered by countless generations of people, Methamphetamines have been effective weight loss tools to combat obesity that does kill people, have kept soldiers from succumbing to life threatening fatigue.

People have also used them to self destruct, as some people use shopping, gambling, food, sex.......etc.etc.

Freedom is a double edged sword.

I think it is important to remember that THC isn't an evil substance used by teenagers to screw up thier lives, it is a very effective sunscreen used by the sunloving cannabis plant to protect it's seeds from genetic damage from UV radiation.

ALSO, who is to say that a person should not be able to use drugs/alchohol to alter their consiousness?

We see a drunk in a bar or a twenty-something stoner girl and think that booze and pot ruined thier lives!

How can we know why they do what they do? Or what the alternative would be if they didn't have a chemical escape?

How do we know that the drunk at the end of the bar who's life is tough, and is totally stressed out at work wouldn't go home and murder his wife and children before turning the gun on himself IF the option of getting out of himself with a six-pack didn't exist?
(IT HAPPENS, not everyone has perfect coping mechanisms, nor should we expect people to)

Instead he gets drunk, hits on the waitress, acts like an ass, pukes on his shoes, and gets up the next day with a hangover and goes back to the office ready to do it all over again.

Or that the thirteen year old girl who is getting unmercifilly tormented by the more popular girls at school tokes up a joint, laughs like a hyena at stupid jokes, eats half a cheesecake and makes a few crank calls to her schoolmates.......... and gets up the next day and her problems don't seem so important anymore.

Instead she might not have been able to get out of herself if she had to keep dead sober......might have stayed in the trap of rigid thinking, and feeling hopeless and overcome with anxiety, slit her wrists in the bathtub and bled to death at thirteen.

Nobody knows what the future would have been.
-----------------------------------------------------

I'd like to point out a common behaviour in people,
If a person succeeds in life, and good things happen to them that person is certain to take the credit.

If a person fails in life, or bad things happen to them......the blame goes anywhere but on themselves.

But at the end of the day....we all make our own choices and we pay our own prices, and whining and moaning about how things Should/Would/Could have been had we made different choices is fruitless and pointless, because we could have made "better" or more logical choices and had our lives have been much worse.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
tom haggen
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 13:39

Quote:

Phenylisopropylamines (and their N-methyl analogs) exhibit very strong biochemical diversity, depending on their structure variations. To group them all together and collectively call the entire class of compounds 'horrible' by assigning the (mis)value of methamphetamine itself, to all of them, is rather hasty and shallow.
When Did I talk about Phenylisopropylamines as a whole? I was singling out Meth by itself. As for all of this medcial benifit shit. You can tell that shit to the judge. If some fatty needs to lose some weight she should just get off of her lazy ass and do some sit ups. If you have ever observed someone who uses meth then you know that it deteriorates muscle and fat. WOW what a useful tool;) I cant wait to burn the muscle off of my bone! Forget I even mentioned the fact that this drug ruins lives. I truely believe that this drug has no purpose being in the human body. You can't even begin to compare opiates and amphetamines. And if people think its good for treating ADD, they should pull their heads out of their asses, Don't let their kids watch so much damm TV, and punch themselves for being a shitty parent.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by tom haggen]

N/A
Turel
Hazard to Others

Mood: Thixotropic

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 13:43
Relax

Perhaps you should lay off the stimulants yourself, Tom.

And Hermes, bravo. I could not agree more wholeheartedly.
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 13:54

Quote:
Originally posted by tom haggen
Methamphetamines are one of the most disgusting destructive drugs in all exsistance. I have done almost every drug under the sun, and I know what I'm talking about. There is nothing you can say or do, to justify the use of methamphetamines. No matter how in control you think you are, meth will over power you. [Edited on 19-4-2004 by tom haggen]

Sorry tom, but there are two sides to every coin, It may seem heartless to say this to an addict/ex-addict but Meth didn't use you, you used it.

I don't want to seem unsypathetic here, I am sure that as an addict you experienced great pain. I am also sure that you probably gravitated towards other hardcore addicts, or people whose lifestyle or way of thinking/behaving predisposed them to addiction.

The facts and figure don't support vilifying any drug, even the "worst"

Methamphetamine is, has, and will be used by countless millions of people with little/no seriously negative effects except for the normal side effects. That isn't to say that an ex-addict should run out and pick some up though, apparently Mr. Haggen and Mr. Meth have had a rocky history and probably would again if re-united.

So YOU probably should avoid that drug, in fact your statement that you have tried every drug known to man, or something to that effect, indicated you are somewhat of a glutton when it comes to mind bending substances.

But hey! A man's got to know his limitations.

Here are some interesting statistics.

10% of all users of crack cocaine become addicted to crack at some point in their lives.

Crack is evil right?

40% of all boxers experience meaurable levels of brain damage, ~15% eventually experince significant mental impairment.

But sports are GOOD right?

50% of all of the professional level top fuel jet boat racers die, EVERY season.
It is the most dangerous sport known to man.
It is so devastatingly bloody, few networks show the top level races and those that do, often edit out fatal crashes.

Good?.....Evil? ........ Ugly?

I personally have no idea how to pass moral judgement on these things.

When I was a teenager it all seemed so very clear, now I just don't know about anything anymore.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 14:12
I guess we've been posting paralell

but about your comments.

Maybe fatties should just get off thier fat asses and lose weight.

(I thought so too, then I broke my back , got confined to a wheelchair and got depressed and fat, and when I started feeling better I found out just how hard that is, and I consider myself to have a strong will)

I also used to make fun of all those LOSERS who get high, I didn't even try cigarrettes until I was seventeen, then I started having serious emotional problems and tryed pot.....I don't make fun of those druggie LOSERS anymore)

I used to look down on single parents who would talk about how hard it was to raise up a kid on thier own, ........ One time this young girl I knew told me she'd pay me 80 bucks to take care of her toddler for the night so she could go party. and then she took off for THREE DAYS.

I was never happier in my entire life to give anything away!

I don't make fun of single parents anymore, it wasn't just that experience that has made me realise the toughness of being a parent, but I now believe I will NEVER be a strong enough person to successfully rear a child. And I don't pass judgement on people who try, I remember the terrible stress of babysitting.

also, I don't think T.V. is the only cause of ADD.

tom haggen
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 19:30

Actually hermes, Meth was the drug that I used the least. My problem lies with alcohol. I was simply just trying to point out that meth is the worst choice of any drug. Being the negitave effects it has on your body. I guess I get so up tight about this subject because 1 I hate the Stereotypical meth user, 2 thanks to all of those meth cooks its much harder for me to get my chemicals for other legal experiments. As for falling out of a wheel chair. here, right now im playing you a song with the worlds smallest violin:P You don't have to walk to be able to do sit ups.

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by tom haggen]

N/A
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

smile.gif posted on 19-4-2004 at 20:40
Sigh........ you certainly are a bloody american.

no....you have these muscles called hip flexors....you cannot sit up without them.

I see now that sharing my own experiences in how I gained compassion for others may, in fact, be an exersize in pointlessness.

I was unaware of your point of view, however ,I have heard from twelve steppers that addiction itself is a disease of self-centeredness.

Good luck with your alchoholism, its a real shame to see someone so young fall into that trap. Perhaps you can try talking to your mom and dad about it and they can find you some help.

tom haggen
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 21:49

Sorry about that. I didn't realize you were disabled, I thought you were speaking hypothetically. As for that justifying the use of meth, I don't buy it. Meth serves no practical medicinal use.

N/A
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 19-4-2004 at 22:42

If it had no accepted medical use, it would be Schedule I in the US. Oh, whoops, you said "practical" medical use. I guess you know better than doctors.

Yes, that was sarcastic. But please don't take it to mean that I have great respect for doctors. I trust them only as far as I can kick them, and I'm no football player. It's just that I trust you as a source of sage medical advice even less than I trust doctors.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
IgnorantlyIntelligent
Moderately Insane

[*] posted on 20-4-2004 at 19:35

Upgrade my title to insanety meltdown then.:D
Who cares about long term effect, axehandle, when my troops are blazing through your country or yours through mine. The point is to be a machine for the short time needed to skin the opposition! I am stronger, smarter, faster, not at all hungry, and not at all tired on meth. For war purposes, meth is a fantastic idea...which has already been in use many times and prooven effective. Meth is how man should naturaly be :(
Maybe another 8-ball to kick off this weekend...

I just re-read some posts....and I see the problem here. I think of humans as space,outlines,useless minute ammounts of energy, and most of all tools. You see them as life, gods creatures, YOU.

The probelm with determining my political stance is that I am not really a socialist or a communist but a mix of both and se others along with some ingrediants from my own insane head. Call me w/e makes you happy. - Not too happy though.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by IgnorantlyIntelligent]

Go To Top