Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Please welcome our latest moderator, ScienceSquirrel
Rosco Bodine
Banned

Mood: analytical

[*] posted on 20-2-2012 at 19:54

Quote: Originally posted by Polverone  
ScienceSquirrel is not chief censor. I am. I did the big pruning of the GW thread before it was closed. I also outright deleted a couple of posts from Rosco and GreenD when it was apparent that the subtle hint of redirecting posts to Detritus wasn't working. GreenD had a larger proportion of his posts in that thread sent to Detritus than Rosco did.

I fully support ScienceSquirrel. If you want to fork the forum into a version that welcomes political and religious debate, I have tried to make it as easy as possible: https://www.sciencemadness.org/whisper/viewthread.php?tid=12...

SS locked and closed the thread, so he likely has your full approval and support. You don't really need to explain, but I actually do wonder why. I did not see it as necessary but that is not my call.

Right thinking seems to require a "right philosophy" as the lens through which to interpret scientific data and to then propose what are "ethical" choices from the portfolio of "scientifically valid" solutions. I am certain that none of that is discussed in the forum backup, other than the Marsh articles which were kindly linked by DerAlte in the now locked thread. The irony must have been missed that Marsh is an atheist but has scientifically valid positions about GW on which I concur, and even while being an atheist he stopped short of preaching Marxism. So it isn't like there is a distinct line always there between faith and politics and science, leaving no things on which reasonable men can agree. Likewise for DerAlte who is an atheist but is no avowed Marxist and who makes good sense about most things he has posted. Compare with GreenD and similar schills for Marxism. I never tried to get into a "stupid contest" with GreenD or hissingnoise. But I refuse to be "dressed down" by atheists and Marxists who don't know what they are talking about. I also correctly view the people who have such a Marxist mentality as being subversives who are a real threat to constitutional republics and to capitalism which supports those republics. Just as there are rational and irrational actors in the world, so are there rational and irrational actors in this forum. I honestly try very hard to keep company and be in agreement with the first group there in both.

[Edited on 21-2-2012 by Rosco Bodine]
IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 06:29

Why waste time complaining Rosco? Every thread you or I or in general any on the right especially if perceived to be persons of faith post in are methodically attacked and trashed by a small select group of typically Marxist, and/or atheist members whose true agenda is merely to attack and destroy. Aimed most of all at any people who are not God despising atheists. With the blessings of both SS and the 'Chief Censor in service of AGW-CPUSA Cabal', since they remove your work and mine while saying nothing to the person (or persons) creating the hate and discontent which destroys any hope of honest mature debate. I will prove it with some copy and paste snippets which show beyond all doubt the character and agenda of Pulverulescent. A good board does not allow people to register under multiple names and they damn sure do not let this type of person get away with nonstop the kind of behavior you will see below. I tried to have a thread on the subject of the danger of weaponizing viruses and a select few members trashed it in the same way they do the others. A thread is destroyed when the crap going on drives members into a frame of mind they do not care to be in the conversation any longer so the thread dies of lack of interest or is deleted. Since this occurs all over this board by this member with foul words and a hateful demonizing treatment of those he hates while the moderators allow it to continue unabated one can only assume it is with the blessing of the board operators. Just read the few quotes out of many more I could have copied if this was worth even the time I spent searching and this members motives and attitude will be clear beyond any possible doubt. I do not buy PV's dislike of any form of faith here as being proper or correct since history itself shows men of great faith were among the greatest true scientists the world has ever seen. Men far above the stature of any so called 'scientists' today. Men (I should add and women) who thankfully did not have to suffer the same treatment concerning their faith as we do today. Yet science cannot dis-prove God any more than it can prove it. Neither can it prove what in inside a black hole yet I doubt we would be so attacked for putting forth our belief on that subject.

Twice I posted my map of the new reactors the 'save the planet groups' is trying to block and twice it was deleted. Detritus is after all the deletion of material others may have spent considerable time researching and posting. If those members in favor of GW being real, and saving the planet, would rather destroy and suppress debate on solutions which could do true good in reducing the use of carbon emitting fuels there can be no doubt their goal is not saving the planet but rather reducing the quality of life for others while gaining power and wealth for themselves. It matters not if those so engaged are little fish and nothing more than useful idiots they are still part of the greater agenda. I have dealt with people of religion who have gone off the deep end of reality into cultism. Any attempt to show them truth makes them behave in a way precisely identical to the green groups and GW proponents including here on this board when you try to show hard data which conflicts with their beliefs. Indicating to me that whether we are talking about Marxists, green earth people, GW proponents, atheists, or any number of other similar groups they behave in a manor identical to religion in all aspects. People say your crazy to believe in God merely by faith. Yet to falsify data to prove a false precept and hold fast to those beliefs in the face of zero and/or conflicting evidence while aggressively attacking and suppressing all who oppose them proves beyond all doubt they are a cultish form of religion. If they believe CO2 is killing the earth stop blocking reactors which could dramatically reduce said emissions. I could provide more evidence but my time is valuable and I am tired of having my work thrown away for no reason. I have been here since 3-8-2005 and if I was that much of a problem creator here amazingly I have never been so informed. I have however seen a relentless decline into ever lower quality of threads and posts by members usually looking for cooking information so maybe it is time I stopped wasting mine anyway. I mean seriously a thread in this section titled "ATTENTION ALL ARGUMENTATIVE PEOPLE" while allowing the type of malicious activity by the member quoted below who is allowed with impunity to attack any thread you or I are involved in never once being disciplined by the moderators? Following are just a few quotes to prove my point about the nonstop uncalled for foul language and endless bad treatment of fellow members. I am done with it enough of my valuable time has been wasted in vain. By the way if he was that intelligent he could either spell better or at least use a spell checker. They might let a few read what I took the time to say before as usual they delete this post.

Quotes from Pulverulescent AKA Hissingnoise and likely AKA others:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah SS, Rosco's and IrC's brand of bullshit had a kind of novelty value for a while there but tedium builds up over the pages until every post they make becomes a Baldrick's 'cunning plan'!
You end up like Edmund B . . .

I just wish the meek would STFU!

'Pity he wasn't Rush Limbless and Tongueless (he's clueless already)?
Now that'd make everyone's day!

Rush Limbaugh is pure filth!!!

You morons were made for each other . . .
And everyone knows what RWFs are really like behind closed doors!
Go get a fucking room!

[edit] Whew! It wasn't easy, but I managed to stop myself saying anything about the production of ? 'you know what'?

Religion!
The blood in the santorum .

ScienceMadness' own JoefuckingMcCarthy, eh?
I bet that, like that ignorant moron, you're not even able to define what communism actually is!
Jeez ? the "reds under the beds" stupidity, all over again!
How fucking pathetic is that!?!
Just grow up, FFS!

O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae monie a ...

Funny but OTT :-)
Deleted!
[Edited on 13-2-2012 by ScienceSquirrel] bad enough to be moderated out

Oh my! You have detractors, Rosco???
Send us a photo ? we'll recognise you male, female or hermaphrodite, straightaway!

Jeez, yeah! It'll only discombobulate poor old Rosco!
He'll maybe think twice before starting such a moronic thread, next time!
SS will delete it anyway, most likely . .

The sanguinity you show in the face of my taunting is commendable ? I will say that! (my taunting - shows his true intent)

And then, there's Rosco crowing away merrily in the background!?!
WTF!!!

Yeah! And people who use platinum for their 'personal adornment' should be taken out and shot! ...

If I were to say what I really think there would be uproar ? indeed, the mere act of posting comments here smacks of 'suffering fools'!
Rather than do something that alien to my instincts, gladly, I will simply disregard all threads of this nature in future!
I mean, the stupidity and ignorance of some posters here is just waaay too fucking much!

The poor fuck's off his meds ? he'd blow up the doll 'till it burst on him!

I like a bit of two-dimensional fucking as much as the next man . .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit to add: this quote should beyond all doubt indicate the true motivation and character of this member.

"The sanguinity you show in the face of my taunting is commendable"

[Edited on 2-21-2012 by IrC]

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
Neil
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 07:00

This is a chemistry forum... :)

I thought Hissing/Pul's agenda was to convert as much EtOH to glucose as possible? :P

He should be lauded as a Hero, I hear he regularly destroys large amounts of cannnibis by incineration it, thereby insuring no children may come to harm by it.

Sounds like an upstanding fellow to me.

There are political forums, but beware Poe's law, you might find it spokes your wheel with a vegans keyboard.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 08:44

Quote: Originally posted by Neil  
This is a chemistry forum... :)

I thought Hissing/Pul's agenda was to convert as much EtOH to glucose as possible? :P

He should be lauded as a Hero, I hear he regularly destroys large amounts of cannnibis by incineration it, thereby insuring no children may come to harm by it.

Sounds like an upstanding fellow to me.

Aye, and to me:D. Three cheers for hissingnoise!

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 09:39

IrC, your posts with reactor maps went to Detritus not because of the reactors but because of the part before the maps: the first had "you green morons", "green fanatic," "you green pukes," "welfare sucking Marxists," "mentally handicapped left," "see through your lies to your true agenda." That is as blatantly insulting and content-free as anything ever posted in that thread.

The second attempt was not as insulting but before the reactor map it continued a discussion of your opponents' philosophy just when I was trying to get the thread back to science. I used the "dull axe" of pruning entire posts because editing parts of individual posts is even slower.

As for hissingnoise/Pulverulescent, he is frequently insulting and was another major contributor to the poor quality of the GW thread. In reviewing the big pruning I did, he originally made 63 posts in the thread and had 53 of them pruned. The reason he appears under two names is because he stopped using hissingnoise and returned to his (previously blocked) account Pulverulescent. The account hissingnoise has been unused since January 8.

If his insults go unchecked in other threads, it is because other threads do not generate reports/complaints to the moderators as the GW thread did. Report posts that need moderation! Reporting brings moderator attention, suffering in silence does not.

EDIT: Top users of abrasive language on Sciencemadness

For those of you conversant with SQL, I checked users' posts for insulting terms like so:
select author, count(message) as count from xmb_posts where message like '%insulting term%' group by author order by count(message);

If you have a copy of the SM virtual machine backup, you can (approximately) reproduce my results by running the queries on your own copy, though you will not have the most recent posts or anything from Whimsy or References.

The top user of 'fuck' and variants is vulture.
The top user of 'shit' and variants is Rosco Bodine.
The top user of 'damn' and variants is quicksilver.
The top user of 'crap' and variants is woelen.
The top user of 'piss' and variants is vulture.
The top user of 'moron' and variants is Rosco Bodine.
The top user of 'puke' and variants is IrC.
The top user of 'vomit' and variants is The WiZard is In.
The top user of 'cunt' and variants is Engager.
The top user of 'pussy' and variants is peach.
The top user of 'idiot' and variants is Rosco Bodine.
The top user of 'cock' and variants is AirCowPeaCock (hmm).
The top user of 'braindead' and variants is Rosco Bodine.
The top user of 'whore' and variants is JohnWW.
The top user of 'brainless' and variants is Sauron.

[Edited on 2-21-2012 by Polverone]

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 10:45

In George Carlin's order.... then let's see who comes out on top.
Sheeeesh it's a good thing I'm forgiven .....or else I'd be up shit creek :D

Is that an absolute numerical count or a ranking expressed as a proportional content of all posts in total.

Otherwise I would say there is a statistically skewed inference.

[Edited on 21-2-2012 by Rosco Bodine]
Polverone

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 11:05

That's just an absolute numerical count. It would be better to take the ratio of abrasive-word posts to all author posts (or better yet, word-occurrence count normalized by total number of words per author) but that would be significantly more complicated. This is just the 10 minute version.

Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 11:29

Absolute numerical count makes more sense. I wonder too if the search parameter excludes quoted content, because as a general rule I have never used the report button, but have tended to take on matters of dispute directly rather than delegate ....somehow it seemed like ratting or tattling, which is not my tendency. I am a scrapper....can't deny it, never have been inclined to run from conflict because the gentleness aspects of faith is the thing I always never seemed to get right....... and I'm still working on it.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 12:28

What a bad ass...

Was ACPC name counted many instances as well? He is relatively new compared to the other on the list.

[Edited on 21-2-2012 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

Mood: Torn between two monikers ─ "hissingnoise" and the present incarnation!

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 12:29

Gee Rosco, this has suddenly morphed into a very entertaining thread . . .

P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

A Einstein
Polverone

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 12:39

Quote: Originally posted by Bot0nist  
What a bad ass...

Was ACPC name counted many instances as well? He is relatively new compared to the other on the list.

He has edited many of his posts, and then "Edited by AirCowPeaCock" appears in the message, which gets caught in the search.

IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 13:00

Quote: Originally posted by Polverone  
That's just an absolute numerical count. It would be better to take the ratio of abrasive-word posts to all author posts (or better yet, word-occurrence count normalized by total number of words per author) but that would be significantly more complicated. This is just the 10 minute version.

I think it should also differentiate between remarks made toward a group out there in the world and those made by members against other members but that's just me. No big deal you do have a point.

GreenD
National Hazard

Mood: Not really high anymore

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 13:25

Nope.

[Edited on 2-21-2012 by Polverone]
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-2-2012 at 14:26

Another example of the childish attitude wrecking this site. No respect at all. No tolerance by those who demand tolerance. I think moderators should pay particular attention to posters with a sole agenda of demonizing members and destroying threads. People who refuse to act with maturity and seldom provide useful content.

Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 00:29

Quote:
"you green morons", "green fanatic," "you green pukes," "welfare sucking Marxists," "mentally handicapped left," "see through your lies to your true agenda."

Quote:
No respect at all. No tolerance by those who demand tolerance.

Quite!

P

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

A Einstein
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 01:30

This is a science forum. I think we should at least use a complex polynomial function to judge our members.

For example,
y= 0.5x^1.5 + x / n
,where n= number of posts, x= number of inappropriate statements. Notice that in one of the terms, x is raised to a non-integer power. So this equation would combine a little of both of the ideas suggested by Rosco and others. The importance of the exponential terms would be to make the function non-linear. A few bad posts would not be weighed as heavily as many bad posts. When y exceeds a certain number, a warning, then when y exceeds another limit, more serious action. All this is complicated, but it would be the most consistent system. The coefficients could be tweaked for optimum effect. :P Just a creative idea...
IrC
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 03:38

What I see puberescent is you do not rightly consider the facts. You do not see the difference between reacting to uncalled for attacks and making these attacks without prior provocation. In effect you are twisting the truth of the matter to veil your MO. Or you do see it and are unknowingly divulging your character to those who see much more.

I have to say I see a pattern. In the 7 years I have been here not that many threads I have been involved in have made it to detritus. Yet I see a very large and ever increasing number of threads ending up there not long after you join a conversation with your endless insulting combative posts. You simply cannot stop yourself. You may have time to wreck the site but some of us work for a living, not to mention preferring things here the way it used to be in lieu of the way you wish it to become.

[Edited on 2-22-2012 by IrC]

Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 04:33

Quote:
What I see puberescent[sic] is you do not rightly consider the facts.

How very insightful of you, IrC . . . ?

P

A Einstein
turd
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 04:38

Quote: Originally posted by AndersHoveland  
This is a science forum. I think we should at least use a complex polynomial function to judge our members.

For example,
y= 0.5x^1.5 + x / n

Sadly, the function on the right side of your equation is neither complex (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_number), nor a polynomial. Write it as
Quote:
0.5*sqrt(x)^3 + sqrt(x)^2*(1/n)^1

Then it you could call it a third order polynomial in sqrt(x) and 1/n.

Seriously, brush up on your algebra, that hurts! Writing random equations without any sense is not science.
Ephoton
Hazard to Others

Mood: trying to figure out why I need a dark room retreat when I live in a forest of wattle.

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 06:32

I missed this thread :)

rosco got four great effort :D

we forgot taking the name in vain like god jesus and christ.

unforunatly if we used an SQL experssion to obtain these statistics we would get rosco taking out
a holy seven for his linguistics.

this place realy makes me laugh sometimes thanx guys/girls.

after all being anointed the head of the anti sauron campain I am proud to say I didont make
it onto the abrasive language list at all.

Quite an acheavment.

now if only I could spell :(

oh congrants SS and rule with an iron fist :)

[Edited on 22-2-2012 by Ephoton]

e3500 console login: root
bash-2.05#

watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 07:16

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
You do not see the difference between reacting to uncalled for attacks and making these attacks without prior provocation.
So when you, IrC, attack someone, it's OK because you're just responding to provocation.

Do two wrongs make it right for just you, IrC, or is that the case for everybody?
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 08:59

Quote: Originally posted by Pulverulescent  
Quote:
What I see puberescent[sic] is you do not rightly consider the facts.

How very insightful of you, IrC . . . ?

P

He, in addition to protecting children from cannabis and making glucose out of a toxic carcinogen, is ALSO is a canary for the viability of a thread?

I suppose we should make a statue. Or you know, instead of getting a piece of glass stuck in ones crop, talk about it without being diminishing, because that just makes you look silly and the other person look less silly.

Rosco and IRC you both have informative posts, but you both can be as abrasive as the people who abraid you. Who gives a flying shit if someone thinks or does not think a benificient dude sits in the clouds with a cold beer waiting for you should you happen to trip into a vat of crazed starved weasels.

If science can not prove or disprove that ethereal cold beer then that cold beer certainly isn't going to mess up a well planned fractionation so again, WHY GIVE A FLYING DUCK. We ain't trying to debate theology we're trying to get something done here!

If everyone uses that magical report button on purely spam postings, like the one green had made earlier, then they will vanish. SS is doing a good job of this. I do not think this has anything to do with bringing down republics as this is a global forum. Hell I live in that half socialistic place to the north of you. Although now that it occurs, really I would love commie chemistry, a world where we could all share references in full and reagents with no worries. *be still my beating heart*

I do not want sciencemadness to have an "agenda" be it probably Right Wing, Left wing, pro drugs or pro autistic badger lord of missing socks any more then I want it to be Anti any of those things.

The best way to keep out bias is to not bring it in.

There are lots of forums where people can discuss anything but this is a place where threads on making white P and Hg touch at the borders with threads on buying glassware and looking for that next exciting journal.

SM is a sacredish place for learning. It is not fair for any member to act hostile in a manner that drives away other member - we have the mods for that :)

Don't argue with idiots they will beat you down to their level and win through experience. -I have no idea who first said that but it should be the forum motto.

Edited for spelling

[Edited on 22-2-2012 by Neil]
Rosco Bodine
Banned

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 09:08

It is definitely a choice whether or not to defend oneself when attacked. Two wrongs don't make a right. However, turning the other cheek or gentle reply doesn't work with some people who are simply emboldened to worse. When
the same individuals again and again repeatedly are insulting and provoking,
nobody should be expected to just be tolerant and indifferent to it. Past a point
it becomes discretionary whether to ignore it or respond. There are trolls who
contribute just about zero to this forum other than trolling and attempting to
push other peoples buttons to provoke a reaction. And yeah responding is
feeding the trolls I suppose, so wouldn't it be nice if that feed was arriving
with sufficient potential to arc the airgap between the receivers two ears?
It would be the first spark to be found there in a long time for a troll.

IrC and myself are over sixty, and we each have Native American ancestry. No one seems to have a clue how ludicrous is the proposition generally that people having Native American ancestry need to be schooled concerning ethical environmentalism or valuing of natural resources. This has been like trying to explain to starving pilgrims how to plant corn with a fish in the hole as fertilizer,
but first having to explain what is a hole in the ground and how it comes to be there.......dig it?
Pulverulescent
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 09:12

That does sound like good, sound sense, Neil!
Climate, religion, politics and the like should be verboten here.

P

A Einstein
Neil
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-2-2012 at 09:22

Quote: Originally posted by Rosco Bodine  
It is definitely a choice whether or not to defend oneself when attacked. Two wrongs don't make a right. However, turning the other cheek or gentle reply doesn't work with some people who are simply emboldened to worse. When
the same individuals again and again repeatedly are insulting and provoking,
nobody should be expected to just be tolerant and indifferent to it. Past a point
it becomes discretionary whether to ignore it or respond. There are trolls who
contribute just about zero to this forum other than trolling and attempting to
push other peoples buttons to provoke a reaction. And yeah responding is
feeding the trolls I suppose, so wouldn't it be nice if that feed was arriving
with sufficient potential to arc the airgap between the receivers two ears?
It would be the first spark to be found there in a long time for a troll.

IrC and myself are over sixty, and we each have Native American ancestry. No one seems to have a clue how ludicrous is the proposition generally that people having Native American ancestry need to be schooled concerning ethical environmentalism or valuing of natural resources. This has been like trying to explain to starving pilgrims how to plant corn with a fish in the hole as fertilizer,
but first having to explain what is a hole in the ground and how it comes to be there.......dig it?

I dig a lot of things but the fact always remain that stupid is as stupid does and two stupids is just stupid squared. Idiots will be, and no amount of txt on a screen will start that arc so why get in a tizzy and look daft when you could instead smile, go have a beer, and laugh?
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top