Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Firefox has some new chems...
albqbrian
Hazard to Self

Mood: Alternatingly paranoid or pi**ed

[*] posted on 22-3-2012 at 03:04
Firefox has some new chems...

Firefox has a bunch of new chemicals that might be of interest to members here.

http://www.firefox-fx.com/

They are a totally reputable firm; I have been a customer since the late 90's. For us solid fuel rocket propellant types; they are definitely the best one stop shop.

As most of you have heard, they did have a big Fed problem a couple of years ago. They got busted for providing material for flash powder. Their plea deal resulted in some weird prohibitions/restrictions in sales of certain item. I'll give a brief explanation so if you check out their online catalog it will make more sense.

The Feds basically stopped them from selling any fine mesh metal powder (Ti,Mg,Al especially). They can only sell these to someone who holds an ATF Manufacturer's License. A few other chems also fall into this category. Things like sulfur powder. It makes no sense, but this was a deal struck by lawyers, not chemists.

Most oxidizers are restricted to one pound a calendar year. Any larger quantity requires the ATF license.

They have good prices and good products. Buying one pound of an oxidizer is of limited use, but I do buy my quota. I feel they deserve all the help that they can get.

I guess that's it. They're new stuff is clearly marked as such.
barley81
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 28-3-2012 at 16:34

I've decided to buy:

1lb of -50+100 mesh Mg powder (unregulated!!!!)
1lb of KMnO<sub>4</sub> (limit 1lb per year unless you have ATFE)
1lb of benzoic acid
1lb of polyvinyl alcohol

This is supposed to cost $44.58 shipped to NJ. Good deal!

[Edited on 29-3-2012 by barley81]

Go To Top