Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Ebay supplier - legit or not?
mineralman
Hazard to Self

Mood: complicated

[*] posted on 15-6-2012 at 13:42

I dont remember his name off hand, and my bail conditions forbid me to engage in any activity surrounding chemicals.
Even though its not breaking them by looking into the situation, im not going to.
But the chems in question PHOTOGRAPHED NEXT TO A STERIO SPEAKER OR ON THE ARM OF SOME FURNITURE would ring alarm bells if my situation is anything to go by.
Im sure there are members who know who this guy is.
sorry I cant give more info, but this is a crazy situation and my solicitor has told me to stay zip. so ive allready said too much, but felt it right to let everyone know.
AFTER 9/11 & IN COMBINATION WITH "THE CRIMINAL INJUSTICE BILL", Being in police custady is not something I would want anyone to have to go through.
hope this helps in some way MM
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

Mood: Cleaved

[*] posted on 15-6-2012 at 13:56

You mean this guy? I've bought from him once and haven't had the police visiting me yet.

This just in: 95,5 % of the world population lives outside the USA
You should really listen to ABBA
Please drop by our IRC channel: #sciencemadness @ irc.efnet.org
mineralman
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 15-6-2012 at 14:09

Ill take your word for it, Im just giving you the facts of my situation.
count yourself lucky the police have better things to do with their time where you live. MM

OR MORE ACCURATLY, YOU DONT RECIEVE SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T ORDER IN THE FIRST PLACE AND GET RAIDED BY THE POLICE

[Edited on 15-6-2012 by mineralman]
peach
Bon Vivant

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-6-2012 at 16:08

I'm curious about this as, over the years, I have bought chemicals from numerous different stores, lab suppliers & sellers.

I have ordered things through the same guy in Poland who had been unsuspectingly selling bomb making materials to Anders Breivik. The immediate searching and raids that resulted from Breivik's ideas on proving a point were not great from the perspective of those who feel he is not a superhero in a wetsuit but a dangerous mass murderer, people that simultaneously had their names alongside his on the order list.

Seeing this and casting my mind back, I have also ordered from the guys in Lithuania (does the name 'mik'etc sound familiar?). And the reference to the containers next to a speaker also makes sense to me; Chris.

Doing some searching just now, I discovered the Lithuanian guy I'd ordered from was also buying / selling litre scale kits for speed / meth, and was holding private auctions. Not great.

However;

Quote:
PHOTOGRAPHED NEXT TO A STERIO SPEAKER OR ON THE ARM OF SOME FURNITURE

That's Chris. Like Lambda, I have ordered from him before and I know a few other people have as well. But he is 100% not in Lithuania. He is actually a she, and the person doing the selling is her husband. But they are both in the UK and appeared to be clearing out some surplus stock from somewhere. Some of which was slightly odd, but not on a par with the Lithuanian guy I'm thinking of.

I have been arrested before having gotten into an argument with my brother. It's not that bad sitting around the cell for a while (the cells are extremely clean) but if I have to sit round a cell for breaking a window that I was planning to replace anyway, I do expect the doors to stay in place whilst I'm uploading photos to wikipedia for their science articles.

The Lithuanian guy also managed to get my order wrong, so what you said about him getting things wrong sounds right, but the speaker thing is a different seller.

What chemicals were you ordering, or accused of ordering?

[Edited on 16-6-2012 by peach]
mineralman
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 15-6-2012 at 22:28

DING DING DING DING DING JACKPOT

Thanx peach, and apollogies to Chris and Significant other.

Thats the guy, and that would explain why the police arrested me and have preliminarily charged me with being involved in the manufacture of amphetamines (meth in particular) and/or componants for bomb making, pending analasys of a plethera of chemicals.
I have no idea as to the contents of the package the police intercepted it before it arrived, and a second package was delivered to my address the day after the police released me.
all I have to go on is a few phone calls from the post office department dealing with it, saying "could you please return the wrongly addressed package sent to you, as the intended recipiants of the package are desperate take delivery of it". Those were the exact words used by the postal service worker, when they informed me of the situation.
The second package was sodium bromide if that means anything to any chemists out there, felt like a solid metal ingot in a white cellophane encapsulated bubble wrap lined envalope. is that one drugs or bombs?
Best not answer that one, ive no interest in it anyway.

thats all I can say for now, I wait patiently to hear back from the police. MM
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 16-6-2012 at 07:03

Quote:
DING DING DING DING DING JACKPOT

;)

Quote:
could you please return the wrongly addressed package sent to you, as the intended recipiants of the package are desperate take delivery of it

That's weird, genuinely. Because I've had a few parcels go missing as the sender / receiver and they've never really bothered with any of that, or even known where the things have gone. To get a phone call from the Post Office themselves, or Parcel Force, is odd. I suspect they already knew what was supposed to be in the parcels and that was actually the police wanting to see who'd been collecting them.

One of the things the guy in Lithuania was selling was Sodium Bromide. That isn't a major problem drug / bomb wise, but some of the other things he'd been selling / buying were. I can believe the idea he's managed to write the wrong address on some of those and sent them to you; for one reason, there's the large language barrier, secondly, he sold quite a few items over a short period of time.

I can actually find at least two people the Sodium Bromide was supposed to be going to. One of the guys is in Latvia, but another is in the UK; so he may have been doing the UK parcels and swapped your addresses round. The guy in the UK who bought the Bromide doesn't seem to have bought anything else from him, so any other mislabelled packets you got won't have been orders the Bromide guy was making.

I seriously doubt the police would be all that bothered about Sodium Bromide. It's more likely he's sent you one of the private auction items, and it's been something directly related to hundred gram / kilo scale drug production.

It's really down to guessing at the Sodium Bromide package and if he'd mixed that up with something else. You say it felt like an ingot of metal, well, two of the things he was selling at the same time as the Bromide was potassium and sodium metal. But those aren't usually shipped as bare ingots, they're shipped in containers covered with oil; which he mentioned as the method he'd be using. They were also only about 25 to 50g of metal (not particularly heavy) and again, there's no major problem with people buying those metals either.

This is the picture from the Bromide sale, so that may be the hard, heavy lump you felt inside the cellophane packet.

Again, I doubt the police are bothered about the sodium bromide or any lumps of sodium / potassium. Judging by what else he was selling, he's probably sent you a bottle or two of something rather more suspicious that was meant to be going elsewhere (which is likely the package the police stopped and/or the second one that turned up).

I would have thought it'd be somewhat mandatory for the police to disclose what was in the packages so you could provide an explanation for it's presence. If you ordered table salt and the guy's sent a kilo of meth precursor, there's no way you can explain that thinking they've stopped a pack of sodium chloride. Do you have any idea of the number of items you're dealing with, when you mentioned a plethera of chemicals. Is this from the packets? If they're busy checking through numerous containers from those packets, and have bothered to arrest you, that may be some form of 'kilo scale kit'.

You could really do with compiling a list of the chemicals you've received or been accused of ordering, then compare that the other items he was selling and see if you can spot who they were supposed to be going to, to demonstrate that he may have just mixed the addresses up.

If you don't want to say outright on the forum, you can always shoot me a PM and I can have a look.
mineralman
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 17-6-2012 at 04:12

Im waiting to here back from my solicitor b4 I comment on that one peach.
This is like KMNO4.COM all over again, arrested for having my name on a list of customers.

How can this guy still be doing what hes doing? They spend millions on searching my 7 1/2 acre property, im talking mobile lab/hazmat team/bomb squad/army/fire brigade/ambulance/S.O.C.C.A/C.I.D & the police. and hes still selling these kits `n` stuff a free man???? It just emphasises the "INJUSTICE" in "THE CRIMINAL INJUSTICE BILL"
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 17-6-2012 at 15:02

The bomb squad and army, in Wales!? :o

Holy moly. Either they're overreacting or there must have been something fandabbydosy in those packets. The only explosions I usually hear in Wales come at dusk when the neighbouring tent dwellers, fuelled up on baked beans, begin drifting off to sleep.

As far as I can tell by the guy's auctions, he didn't sell things as a bundled kit himself, but people could have selected the components to form such based on some of the items he was selling. There are chemical companies who sell even more direct precursors to drugs and explosives, or the end products themselves, so him selling those things, a lot of the blame lies with those who then turn them into gigantic piles of drugs / explosives and endanger other people in the process; e.g. backfilling cylinders with inappropriate gases and then dumping them (charged) for someone else to bump into and have it burst etc on them.

I had another look through the items, I can't really see anything bomb related there. Doesn't even sell nitrate for making fireworks as far as the descriptions go. I'll be interested to hear how you get on, as that sounds heavy duty.
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

[*] posted on 17-6-2012 at 15:09

Speaking of "kits" - what the actual flying fuck is this?!

S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 17-6-2012 at 16:14

The DEA is working with other agencies?
Needless to say, some of those items can't be sent USPS period end of, international or otherwise. Love the vagueness:
survivorinjc
Item location: LUMBERTON, NC, United States
Free P&P Economy Delivery (USPS Parcel Post)
5 bottles Sodium Hydroxide
3 bottles Sulfuric Acid
2 bottles of Hydrogen Peroxide
Soda Ash
Magnesium Sulfate Anhydrous
Sodium Sulfate 100% purity
Glacial Acetic Acid
Methanol
Nitromethane Fuel
Methylene Chloride
Color lab stripes & Filter papers
Sassafras oil twelve ounces
Small Beakers
Magnetic Stirrer
Buchner Funnel & 1000ml Flask
Diaphragm Pump
Nitro Speedball Air tank
250ml Addition Funnel
500ml Seperatory Funnel
2 Distillation Kit Stands & Condenser
Submersible Fish Tank Pump (US outlet sufficient)
Sodium Cyanoborohydride 100g
Mercury, Mercuric ll Chloride 50g
Copper (Cupric) ll Chloride 60g
Ammonium Acetate 1000g
Potassium Hydroxide 16 oz
99% of the chemicals are unopened & still air-tight sealed!!

Not.

"You're going to be all right, kid...Everything's under control." Yossarian, to Snowden
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 17-6-2012 at 16:27

Quote: Originally posted by Lambda-Eyde  
Note: "Sassafras oil twelve ounces". Not exactly analytical grade reagent, that.
Fossil
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-6-2012 at 18:31

Pardon my ignorance, but what would that ebay listing of chemicals/equipment be used for, manufacture of MDMA?
mineralman
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 01:40

OFF TOPIC. i WOULDN'T MIND ONE OF THOSE MOBILE LABS THEY BRAUGHT DOWN, FUCKING BEAUTIFULL.

off to sighn bail l8r
nullandvoid
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 05:56

Good grief! I ordered some sodium bromide from mik* a month ago and I still haven't received it.
Given that he sold 4 packs and 2 of them have returned positive feedback there is a 50% chance that the bromide may have been meant for me.
peach
Bon Vivant

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 07:56

Quote:

I saw that as well! :D

I was going to offer them $21 for a laugh.

Quote:
what would that ebay listing of chemicals/equipment be used for, manufacture of MDMA?

Yep.

It may be the DEA themselves listing it, although I don't know how entrapment laws work in the US so I'm not sure.
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 08:51

Quote: Originally posted by peach  
It may be the DEA themselves listing it, although I don't know how entrapment laws work in the US so I'm not sure.
I doubt it. It's a USA-sourced sale into the UK. There's no List I chemicals in package. Because these require export license, it would be illegal under USA law to have them. They're skirting the edge of this law by including sassafras oil, since safrole and isosafrole are List I chemicals. There's no scheduled chemicals in the package either. Therefore insofar as the diversion law goes, the seller is OK.

The main reason to sell internationally is to rely on the relatively thin cooperation between domestic agencies. If they were selling within the USA, the DEA and FBI would be two agencies with jurisdiction. In the present case, there's no particular credit that a UK enforcement agency could take for a USA bust; this is just small potatoes. Arguably they could be prosecuted on a conspiracy charge, but the standard of proof for that is relatively high, and generally requires actual communications, which is unlikely to happen.

The one thing they're doing wrong is violating shipping regulations. I don't think that's a felony, though, and so the risk they're taking seems to be relatively modest.

If it were a sting, it would be one to nab UK residents, since that's where the buyers would be. Perhaps there's international cooperation to do this; don't know.
mineralman
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 08:55

I think the problem is differant laws in differant countrys, it may be legal to sell it in one country, but illegal to posess in another. even though you can buy it.
As for entrapment, if it leads to a significant result, im sure any evidense of it would vaporise into the either.
Im begining to question our human rights and the way there being exploited by sub laws, or under the envalope of another law, its becoming crazy out there. MM

DAMN MY SLOW TYPING SKILLS:D

[Edited on 18-6-2012 by mineralman]
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 12:20

Quote: Originally posted by Mixell  
Just bought the following chemicals from him:
[...]
DIBUTYL TIN OXIDE - Purity 99.98%
[...]

What interesting experiments can be done with this chemical? It sounds interesting, but when I read the MSDS it looks like a rather inert chemical, which is insoluble in water.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
ItsAChitzen
Harmless

Mood: lulz

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 13:45

LOL at that kit. For 2100 dollars no less...
Mixell
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 13:55

Well, it might be soluble in acetone/hexane/chloroform.
I just bought it because it wasn't expensive and I were buying a large assortment of chemicals anyway.
Lambda-Eyde
National Hazard

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 14:00

Quote: Originally posted by ItsAChitzen  
LOL at that kit. For 2100 dollars no less...

Well, it isn't that extreme. In my neck of the woods, the cyanoborohydride runs for almost 1000 USD alone. Add to that all the other chemicals plus a lot of equipment, and the price isn't that much off.

S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 14:08

Quote: Originally posted by watson.fawkes  
I doubt it. It's a USA-sourced sale into the UK. There's no List I chemicals in package. Because these require export license, it would be illegal under USA law to have them. They're skirting the edge of this law by including sassafras oil, since safrole and isosafrole are List I chemicals. There's no scheduled chemicals in the package either. Therefore insofar as the diversion law goes, the seller is OK...If it were a sting, it would be one to nab UK residents, since that's where the buyers would be.

Nononononono...there is nothing UK specific about the auction. It happens to also be listed on the UK ebay because international is offered, that doesn't mean they (LE) would have to go through with it. Maybe they would, I don't know UK laws. Safrole-rich oils including real sassafras oil are very much DEA List 1. Obviously sassafras oil can be anything, it doesn't mean it has safrole in it. Lots of safrole-free sassafras oil on the internet...pretty much all of it.

However, even if the sassafras oil does not actually exist, receiving packages you believed (in the eyes of judge/jury) contained all this is a guaranteed conviction for intent to manufacture in any jurisdiction in the USA.

Kind of surprised cyanoborohydride is not on the USPS banned list, borohydrides are. And mercuric chloride.

It violates ebay policies, shipping hazmat's without mentioning hazmat shipping for one; there is no way it would still be up if it wasn't LE. Ebay's impenetrable layers of rules (in several different locations of their site, so you can't see how many there really are) are matched only by their ultraaggressive, never-wrong-no-matter-how-wrong-they-are, all-complaints-are-always-valid nannies.

EDIT: and it could be said that listing all this would be a smart move by LE, not just because it guarantees conviction, but because the listing shows up from many different search terms.

EDIT2: the copy of TS2 was NOT in the listing yesterday, see my copy/paste above. Instructions are the (in this case unnecessary, with everything else) coup de grace in the courts. Would it be paranoid to suspect referer urls and IP's are being watched?

[Edited on 19-6-2012 by S.C. Wack]

"You're going to be all right, kid...Everything's under control." Yossarian, to Snowden
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 14:33

What a shitty ebay auction!!! There is even a druggie book (total synthesis II) included if you click on the link. That's a disgrace to legitimate chemistry.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
ItsAChitzen
Harmless

Mood: lulz

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 15:37

Quote: Originally posted by mr.crow  
What a shitty ebay auction!!! There is even a druggie book (total synthesis II) included if you click on the link. That's a disgrace to legitimate chemistry.

It's a disgrace to the ingenuity of our fine police forces.
mineralman
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-6-2012 at 15:48

Is this the same guy the sodium bromide came from?, I havn't looked at anything the police could twist into something out of nothing on advice from my solicitor, but agree, thats a total disgrace. MM

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top