Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HMTD with 40% H2O2
Berrilium
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 07:46
HMTD with 40% H2O2

Will the excess oxygen interfere with yield or is it fine to use? Also, what about solubility, what ratio should i add them in?
dangerous amateur
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 09:16

No, it wont interfere. You can dilute it to save it though.
QHarryQ
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 18:31

Well,you'd better dilute the 40% H2O2.It is demonstrated that synsthesize HMTD with concerntrated H2O2 is very dangerous ,the HMTD will get very sensitive to friction and impact,even more sensitive than TATP.The specific reason is somehow unknow,but I think there must be something to do with its structure.
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 18:45

Quote: Originally posted by QHarryQ  
Well,you'd better dilute the 40% H2O2.It is demonstrated that synsthesize HMTD with concerntrated H2O2 is very dangerous ,the HMTD will get very sensitive to friction and impact,even more sensitive than TATP.The specific reason is somehow unknow,but I think there must be something to do with its structure.
there is nothing to do with structure in the case of HMTD . 40% H2O2 works very well there is no problem with it.
QHarryQ
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-6-2012 at 02:54

Quote: Originally posted by Vikascoder  
there is nothing to do with structure in the case of HMTD . 40% H2O2 works very well there is no problem with it.

Any statistics to support your opinion?
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-6-2012 at 04:09

[rquote
Any statistics to support your opinion?[/rquote] . Yes i have just read COPAE and there is already a thread on science madness 'forms of HMTD ' in this thread this was concluded that there are no form of HMTD its power depends on its crystal size and the crystal size depends upon temperature not the concentration of the materials you are using .
bbartlog
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-6-2012 at 08:06

Any statistics to support your opinion?

Since you are the one who *started* making specific claims about the dangers (without any papers, links, or other supporting evidence), I believe the duty of substantiation falls first to you. It's true of course that one shouldn't just assume that different reagent strengths can be used in a synthesis (especially for high explosives) without risks or dangers, but you've gone further than that in your warning.

The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

Go To Top