Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Available - Diazomethane Apparatus
ripple
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 11:31
Available - Diazomethane Apparatus

Hey All,

I have 2 extra Mini Diazald™ apparatus from Aldrich. This kits are complete with the apparatus pictured here and here and the 100 mL receiving flask, 125 mL addition funnel, and mini bubbler.

All joints are Clear-Seal.

Not sure what to charge for these. I guess it goes to the highest bidder? I'm also looking for equipment and I'd prefer to trade rather than sell.

Cheers,
Rip
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

[*] posted on 12-6-2012 at 22:44

Equipment specifically designed for diazomethane preparation. Seems interesting. Unfortunately I do not have a use for it at this time.

New, that glassware would likely sell for at least €150. Used, my guess would be around half of that. But some of these specialty glassware can be difficult to sell, so you might consider going lower.
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 13-6-2012 at 07:28

Beautiful!!

€150? More like $800 CAD, or €619. It is Aldrich after all

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
ripple
Harmless

[*] posted on 13-6-2012 at 13:50

You did the math, eh? :)

Yup, Aldrich wants around $800 CAD + tax for the setup, but its prices like that that keep real experimentation out of reach of the amateur. I wouldn't turn it down, but I don't expect to make much off these. I posted it here in case one of us has been looking for a diazomethane app; dangerous stuff to work with using standard jointware.

In terms of trades, I'm looking for schlenk-line or nice mechanical stirrer stuff.

[Edited on 13-6-2012 by ripple]

Go To Top