Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: List II Chemicals (USA)
fatchains
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-7-2012 at 23:04
List II Chemicals (USA)

Ive been trying for sometime to find out what the regulations were regarding list II chemicals in the US.
Obviously, there must be minimum thresholds since I can buy quite a few of these at the store.
Also, since these some of these are so common, is it likely they alone can indicate criminal intent (eg; without incriminating notes, precursors, testimony, etc)?
watson.fawkes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-7-2012 at 07:43

Quote: Originally posted by fatchains  
Ive been trying for sometime to find out what the regulations were regarding list II chemicals in the US.
Obviously, there must be minimum thresholds since I can buy quite a few of these at the store.
Also, since these some of these are so common, is it likely they alone can indicate criminal intent (eg; without incriminating notes, precursors, testimony, etc)?
This has been discussed ad nauseum on this site. There's a search engine. Use it. Hint: DEA Diversion program.
fatchains
Harmless

[*] posted on 16-7-2012 at 16:14

Thats fair. In fact I was surprised not to find any on my search.

I tried your suggested query to no avail. I did more digging as well.

I suspect there is something not accurate about my search results since I often uncover more relevant results with a google search of this site. I also did this but there only seems to be spotty discussions of the matter in slightly related topics (eg; iodine, chem purchasing). I have read a good number of these posts and certainly may have over looked the information: there are quite a few mildly-relevant topics. Ill go through them again.

To be clear, Im interested in the actual law (X kg of Y material is regulated, etc); much like the CSA outlines scheduled drug regulations and penalties.

But the point still stands, I am not able to do thorough (or accurate) searches via this site. Is this just me?

madcedar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-7-2012 at 05:43

The search engine on this site has limitations. Use google to search as follows:

"search term" site:sciencemadness.org

Click this link for a better example of what I mean.

Cheers.

Go To Top