Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: Suspicious company
kno3.com
Harmless

Mood: Chilling

[*] posted on 31-3-2006 at 15:29
KNO3.COM

I am working with KNO3.Com and thechemicalshop.com and can tell you that we do not work with the police unless we are robbed of the payment made via credit card. Everything sold is legal in the UK and we do not pass information to other countries. If You check our prices now you will see they are very cheap compared to before.

We are fast at delivery and can even deliver next day up till 1PM. We Bought the company in july and have a great record with our customers. We are not the Police or any other agency if that makes you feel better but sell Legaly sold chemicals from the UK. We do not report or follow through on orders Outside the UK. We arew here to sell Legal chemicals and that is what we do.

Thank You,

Brian. sales@kno3.com
Cloner
Hazard to Others

Mood: apocalyptic

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 08:39

Well, anyone could say 'no the police isn't running us' even if there are ten vanloads of arrest team around the corner, about to beat you up, so it's of no use really. If no one reports on the doors coming down from dealing with KNO3.com, that'd be more useful.
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 10:15

I ordered some red P at kno3.com and a little longer ago 2 rolls of magnesium ribbon (25 grams) for a bargain price (special auction on eBay). My own experience is quite well. The order of the red P now is 10 months ago and I still am happily experimenting :).

I know the original story from that person in the USA. Probably that person had a bad trip or something like that :P, I don't believe that story.
I also know of a UK-based person, who ordered from kno3.com (mercury and red P), and this person also still is happily experimenting. He still is active on another forum (SFN).

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
MargaretThatcher
Hazard to Self

Mood: Handbagging

[*] posted on 5-4-2006 at 15:27

Let's get one thing mighty clear: this is not a front company, and it is not illegal to sell these products within its legal jurisdiction. It is not illegal to buy the substances within the UK legal jurisdiction. However, purchasing such substances could be grounds for a police raid if they are suspicious. Suspicion is all that is required in the UK. The electronic transactions are easily and legally snooped as are the postal services. Secondly, the business may keep records - if the business is inspected for legal infraction in the future, who knows what the authorities will find and who they will share them with. These are all matters that need to be considered.

The reformative effect of punishment is a belief that dies hard, I think, because it is so satisfying to our sadistic impulses. - Bertrand Russell
Cloner
Hazard to Others

Mood: apocalyptic

[*] posted on 6-4-2006 at 08:53

Great, so the UK doesn't forbid storing and transporting these chems. Of course, it is still a good idea to use a front for your orders for this reason - and that fasco/commie regulations are being shitted out of the politicians mouthes in this age of terrorism scare. Are packages opened and inspected at the border within the EU anyway?
pumpkin
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 02:32

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/news/story.aspx?bra...

Boy, 14, buys explosives on the internet
12 April 2006
A SCHOOLBOY ordered a hoard of explosives that were capable of killing his friends.

The 14-year-old from Hatfield, bought the dangerous materials from the internet to use on an Army cadet weekend.

But the order, which included powders and fuse wire, was found by the teenager's mother who called the police.

A spokeswoman for Herts police said: "Officers attended an address following a call from an adult after a couriered package arrived containing products used in explosive devices.

"It had been ordered by a child at the same address."

The worrying find is now being looked after by the police.

Explosives experts have warned that products such as aluminium powder and potassium nitrate are becoming much easier to get hold of.

They have many innocent uses when used separately, for example aluminium powder is used to coat steel and potassium nitrate is often used in fertilisers.

They are mostly only used together in fireworks because of the explosive effect they produce when mixed together.

In the wrong hands they can cause serious injury and even death.

Safety experts have advised others to steer clear of these substances.

The chemical company which supplied the youngster is now under investigation.

No further action is being taken against the teenager.
MargaretThatcher
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 14:58

This kind of thing is the risk. Schoolboy buys bomb-making chemicals. Porcine friends raid company, get addresses for all deliveries. Lots of raids.

The reformative effect of punishment is a belief that dies hard, I think, because it is so satisfying to our sadistic impulses. - Bertrand Russell
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 12-4-2006 at 15:15
Chemicals

This is also how people, who have bought from pyro suppliers, get the nasty letters from the
wankers at the CPSC. A couple of people on this board have already received such letters. I
haven't gotten a letter yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if I got one in the future.

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 13-4-2006 at 17:23

That link doesn’t work. It doesn’t give me the article.

This is the standard bullshit pumped out by the sensationalist media. Of course there isn't a word of non-distorted truth here. Let’s do a little dissection, shall we?

Quote:
Boy, 14, buys explosives on the internet

Last I checked, aluminum wasn’t a powerful explosive. Neither was ordinary saltpeter.

Quote:
A schoolboy ordered a hoard of explosives that were capable of killing his friends.

Huh? Where the hell did this come from? How does possession of pyrotechnic supplies mean you’re going to kill someone with them? I guess possession of firecrackers should be made a capital offense, then. Obviously only killers and rapists possess such lethal implements of evil…

For that matter, where the hell did the part about killing his friends come from? I guess that just owning a butter knife means you want to kill your mother with it…

Quote:
Explosives experts have warned that products such as aluminium powder and potassium nitrate are becoming much easier to get hold of.

100% pure BS. Legitimate pyrotechnic suppliers are being forced to shut down. Moreover, this is just more pure BS designed to inflame people against the subject and cloud their judgment with fear. So what if they really are easier to come by? Will making butter knives easier to come by increase the crime rate? I didn’t think so.

Quote:
aluminium powder…and potassium nitrate…are mostly only used together in fireworks because of the explosive effect they produce when mixed together.

Again, pure BS. Potassium nitrate is certainly used more in agriculture than explosives.
What about aluminum powder in thermite used to weld railroad tracks? What kind of Al powder? Coarse or ultra-fine? Also, you’d have to be an idiot to make ‘explosives’ with Al and potassium nitrate. Any self-respecting human being would use the perchlorate.

Quote:
In the wrong hands they can cause serious injury and even death.

What ever happened to ‘innocent until proven guilty?’

Quote:
Safety experts have advised others to steer clear of these substances.

No more potassium nitrate fertilizer? No more aluminum in airplanes? I doubt this piece of drivel was proofread…

Quote:
The chemical company which supplied the youngster is now under investigation.

Selling things that could potentially be dangerous in the wrong hands is now illegal? The knife shop should then be placed under investigation for supplying the villiage butcher with his implements of meat-cleaving.

FDR's words come to mind.
Quote:
the only thing we have to fear is fear itself - nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror

So true.

MargaretThatcher
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-4-2006 at 17:53

The press is all about opinion forming and advertising. Well, advertising is a type of opinion forming but you get the idea. The press needs attention and the press needs to motivate the attendees to take pre-packaged ideas on board. The way they do this is through fear and greed - primal instincts. Hence, the paedophile scares (bogeymen); immigrants, foreigners and ethnic minorities (outsiders) and so on. People fall for this crap either because they are oblivious to it, or are too arrogant to think it works on them.

Anyway the actual article is bullshit, but it serves as a warning, because the way the legal system works in the UK, this will be used as an excuse to investigate. Selling such materials to a minor, maybe with illegal packaging is all they need - reasonable suspicion. Bewarned.

kno3.com
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-4-2006 at 14:47

Hello I am KNO3.COM, Yes I have searched our records and it seems that a 14 year old boy may have bought from us through his mothers address and credit card details. First the card matched the address, the name matched the card and the post code matched the card. As far as being investigated by the police I can not find a reason! We ship via TNT Express next day delivery using proper packaging Limited Quantity labelling and are all chemicals have been agreed with TNT in writing. The 14 year old committed Fraud with his mams card we did more than needed by Law. All chemicals on our site are legal in the UK to sell and buy. We have a large packaging and shipping company in Scotland and are shocked to here that we are under any investigation. Well if selling legal chemicals packaged properly and labelled correctly and shipped with TNT to customers who are 18 or over is breaking the law then lock me up. I do think that the police would like to stop chemicals being sold but that is not what the law says. Any questions from this forum will be replied to. Have a nice day!
kno3.com
Harmless

[*] posted on 14-4-2006 at 15:07

Quote:
Originally posted by DP
"You mean buying RP is illegal in the states?"

Yep, the DEA threshold for RP is 0, so that means being in possession of any amount (lets say... even 1mg) without a DEA license is against the law. The person I spoke about was visited the day after delivery and they found other things basically in plain view, which made the charges stick. This person is rather dull imo so that didn't help either. I bet customs checks every order that ships to the US from this company or they are working with LE.
KNO3.COM How can customs check every order when they do not even open packages?
The only packages we even get back are because of address not correct. I will say it again we do not have any reason to report sales to the USA. Get Real! sales@kno3.com
woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-5-2006 at 11:33

I ordered 500 grams of NaClO4 for my transition metal coordination complex expeiments. Nice to have an anion, which does not coordinate to any of the complexes I want to make.

The material arrived in good order and the quality of the material looks very good (nice and pure). One suggestion to kno3.com though: Please give more feedback, when orders are placed. I sent two mails and got no reply to them. So, I already thought that the ordering would be a failure and then to my surprise a parcel arrived, while at the Internet site the order still seems unprocessed and there were no responses to mails.

So, handling of order and speed of shipping and quality of goods: ++ :)
Responses to mails and being clear about status of order: -- next time better :(.

YT2095
International Hazard

Mood: within Nominal Parameters

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 08:48

I concur, your Feedback with respect to order status sucks :(

however, in fairness my RP and Iodine crystals did arrive very quickly and also in the TNT van that you mentioned, I`de still like to know what happened to my water-proof fuse though!???
I am pleased that you didn`t bill me for it, and I still got my Over a certain amount discount.

\"In a world full of wonders mankind has managed to invent boredom\" - Death
Twinkies don\'t have a shelf life. They have a half-life! -Caine (a friend of mine)
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 09:45

Thing is, since I heard about the home raids in Germany of over 700 individuals who purchased chemicals at a certian internet site (the site was busted, and bank account details were used to get the customers address), I have become very untrusty as to the safety of these companies.

Kno3.com, could you please post a link, or whatever, that these chemicals you sell are LEGAL to possess, and to purchase, within the UK? When you sell abroad, I kind of doubt that you'll check their local laws. If they get caught, authorities will likely contact UK authorities... so potentially you are getting yoruself into trouble.
Anyway, please let me know about the legality to purchase/possess these chems.

Also, here's another link... with some pretty funny talking dude with an american accent selling in the UK!
http://www.thechemicalshop.com/index.asp

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 10:01

That is an interesting website. I love seeing these small companies spring up to fill a need that the big boys don't have the balls to supply.

I don't agree that the accent is US. It sounds British to me. Besides, the dude is too funny to be an American. ;)

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 11:19

Hahahahaha. That is funny at first and creepy later how he follows your cursor around with his eyes.

I wish i could order about a kilogram of red phosphorus here in the USA, but knowing my luck I would get my door kicked in for sure.
ethan_c
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 22:30

I talked to United Nuclear (from whom kno3.com used to buy chemicals in bulk).

They ARE a legit company, don't work with the police, and are not aiming to rip anyone off or get anyone arrested.
However, they will ship (RP, iodine) items to countries where those items are actually illegal. UN says five (!) of their regular customers have been arrested for receiving packages from the company.

EDIT: Also, apparently, law enforcement here in the U.S. watches packages that come in from that guy very, very closely…

Moral of the story: If its legal in your country, go for it. I'm sure you could get away with making an order in the US or another country that has similar restriction on items and recieve what you paid for without trouble, but you are putting yourself in what has proven to be a risky position.

[Edited on 30-6-2006 by ethan_c]
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 22:56
United Nuclear

They got busted in an FBI raid from what I read. This is so much BULLSHIT because they
wouldn't kiss the CPSC's ass in the crackdown on pyro suppliers due to the naughty
conduct of illegal M-80 manufacturers. They want every pyro supplier to require that their
customers have the BATFE type 20 high explosives license. I'm applying for my license
later this year. So let's all get licensed by the BATFE and tell these "IT'S FOR THE CHILDREN"
types to ram it up their asses.

BTW, those of us who produce our own chemicals for flash will never be deterred ! PROHIBITIONS
DO NOT WORK ! GET A FUCKING CLUE !

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
evil_lurker
National Hazard

Mood: On the wagon again.

[*] posted on 29-6-2006 at 23:34

IIRC, be advised that it involves waiving your right to privacy and giving the BATF the right to enter your home or premises at any time.

Furthermore, you have to have on your site a storage magazine built to governement specifications and inspected and certified as such, which includes building an earthen berm several feet high around it.

Oh and when they show up, you can expect them to be carrying fully automatic weapons and tactical gear.

I have a friend who has a Title II Class III full auto weapon license. He has had them show up like that... several times.
woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 30-6-2006 at 00:23

Quote:
Originally posted by ethan_c
Moral of the story: If its legal in your country, go for it. I'm sure you could get away with making an order in the US or another country that has similar restriction on items and recieve what you paid for without trouble, but you are putting yourself in what has proven to be a risky position.

What's going on in the US :o? This is BAD! I'm glad I'm not a US citizen. I always thought it is not _that_ bad in the US. I also ordered 100g of red P from that company one year ago for my element collection and some simple experiments (you can find them on my website). The company www.kno3.com should stop shipping to the US and restrict itself to European countries. That is sad for US-hobbyists, but being arrested for possession of certain chems is even worse :o. Over here things are (still, for how long???) more liberal.

Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 30-6-2006 at 02:39

Maybe they really should stop shipping into the USA. For their own safety as lately a company was in GB was raided and the owners imprisoned and are awaiting trial which sold GBL to the USA. And selling GBL in GB is still legal AFAIK.

Irgendwas is ja immer
ethan_c
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-7-2006 at 10:51

Quote:
Originally posted by MadHatter
They want every pyro supplier to require that their
customers have the BATFE type 20 high explosives license. I'm applying for my license
later this year.
BTW, those of us who produce our own chemicals for flash will never be deterred !

Not all of us can afford $1000 per year to maintain a license that allows us to do what we do already, and certainly not all of us have our own aluminum/magnesium atomizer…
jim20/20
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-7-2006 at 14:22

Quote:
Originally posted by Organikum
Maybe they really should stop shipping into the USA.

yup conspiracy laws seem to be the biggest danger here. like a whole heap of us meth labs with kno3 products and very very helpfull us-british extradition treaties. conspiracy to manufacture meth is a crime in the uk to.
Xanax3
Harmless

[*] posted on 3-8-2006 at 22:25
kno3.com arrest

Quote:
KNO3.COM How can customs check every order when they do not even open packages?
The only packages we even get back are because of address not correct. I will say it again we do not have any reason to report sales to the USA. Get Real! sales@kno3.com

This organization is either a front operation run by law enforcement in Britain or elsewhere, or at very least is being closely monitored by law enforcement.

Case in point: this article reports a medical doctor who was arrested last month after ordering red phosphorus and iodine crystals from www.kno3.com earlier this Spring.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top