Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Introducing myself - Ian
IanCaio
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 26-9-2012 at 18:28
Introducing myself - Ian

Hey guys,

Just made this topic to introduce myself, I actually just found out this website.
My name is Ian, Im a Chemistry Enginner student, and have been messing with chemistry since I was around 15 or 16. Didn't really suceed on much, but it made me realize I really liked chemistry and thats what I wanted to study.
Im affictioned by the science of explosives (but Im not one of those that just want to find a "how to" guide on stuff, its just an area that amuses me).
Since Im into homemade experiments, I think this is a nice place to exchange knowledge.
Oh, and english is not my native language, so sorry if I make a mess on writing.

[Edited on 27-9-2012 by IanCaio]
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 26-9-2012 at 19:13

Welcome to SciMad! Check out the forum giudelines if you haven't already. They will help you get the most from your stay.

There is so much here on EM, so, dive on in. (To the literature of course, not energetic material production) Just remember, we may be "mad scientists" but when dealing with EM, safety and sanity are paramount, that is if you wish to experiment another day ;) .

Agian, welcome,
TheBot.

[Edited on 27-9-2012 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
IanCaio
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 26-9-2012 at 20:30

Thanks Bot0nist,

I'll definately dive on studying the chemistry behind Energetic Materials. As much I study, the more I find out that to safely syntetise those chemicals (and even some that aren't EM) first of all, knowledge about how it really works (since synthesis process until the chemical itself) is fundamental. I hope people don't understand my passion on this subject as something irresponsable, as it happens lots of times, with people that risk doing this kind of experiment with step-by-step guides that don't give you any hint of what you are actually doing.

Thanks again :)

PS:
I just found out that Nurdrage has an account here :D
He inspired me a lot with videos about his experiments.
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 27-9-2012 at 13:13

Welcome to SM!

Are you on any other forums, and do you have an interest in other aspects of chemistry other than EM?

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
IanCaio
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-9-2012 at 15:01

Hey Hexavalent,

I'm not in other foruns, I actually dont know many related to chemistry.
I like chemistry in general, specially inorganic chemistry. I'm now finishing second year in college, and working also with Materials Enginner (here students can make scientific initiation helping graduated researchers with projects). More specificaly on the industry of powder involving mechanical trials. It's not really my area, but I also think some fundaments of materials enginner interesting..

I noticed not many people use names on the username, people here like being anonymous? Just curious :)
Bot0nist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 27-9-2012 at 17:05

Anonymity online is nearly a myth. Most use monikers for self expression, I imagine.

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 28-9-2012 at 11:11

Quote: Originally posted by Bot0nist  
Anonymity online is nearly a myth. Most use monikers for self expression, I imagine.

Kind of, my username is simply because, when I registered, I'd just finished an experiment making iron (VI) under controlled conditions and had just ordered some K2Cr2O7:)

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
IanCaio
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 28-9-2012 at 17:49

Got it :)

Is there some offtopic area in the forum? Where people just chat about ordinary stuff?
Bot0nist
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-9-2012 at 19:40

Yes, whimsy. Permission must be requested of Polverone. Via U2U. See you there. Check out my joke thread.

[Edited on 29-9-2012 by Bot0nist]

Go To Top