Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  8    10
Author: Subject: Gun Propellants: Single, Double and Tripple based
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 10-1-2023 at 15:43

Unfortunately, using calcium nitrate in composition was not tested. Is possible that acetic acid catalyse better properties of guar gum as binder.
But also not tested. Measurement in cavity showing density 1.6 g/cc. Not 1.7. Composition is castable at 80 C without guar gum. Repeatedly. Composition, respectively his surface is partially hygroscopic. It was observed. Ferocene was not tested. Yes, was tested different acrylic pigment colors. Yellow, red, green, orange. Interest: This dry (any color) acrylic pigment create
with NH4ClO4 pretty explosive mixture at ratio AP 75 / color 25. Without change of nice color of pigment.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pigment+to+wall+color+paint&...
Maybe colors works as catalyseur of shockwave. (no confirmed, no measured)
But confirmed is better binding effect with acrylic colors. (acryl is binder itself)
Yes, different colors is possible use as identificator.
Else composition can looks: NaClO4 75, DEG 25, liquid pigment (red from link) 11, dH2O 4, guar gum 1. In of part by weight. 20g sensitive on No.8, confirmed.
71mnW78e+tL.jpg - 368kB

[Edited on 10-1-2023 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 10-1-2023 at 17:26

I just spent a few minutes going over solubilities of various perchlorates in various liquid fuels.

One combination that struck me: Barium diperchlorate, 125g soluble in 100ml ethanol @ 25° C. And barium (di) perchlorate is DENSE at around 3.1 g/cc.

Not so cheap as technical Sodium perchlorate, toxic like all water soluble barium salts- but also NOT HYGROSCOPIC.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-1-2023 at 04:55

Is it slightly exotic composition, but should by works. Ba(ClO4)2 with OB + 38.06 is also soluble in acetone (OB - 220.3) ethanol OB - 208.7 on CO2. In acetone is soluble (as binder) nitrocellulose, camphor, rosin. In ethanol is soluble camphor , rosin. Testing mixture can be:
1) Ba(ClO4)2 80 + 20 ethanol, final OB - 11.29 on CO2.
2) Ba(ClO4)2 80 + acetone 20 .........final OB - 13.61 on CO2.
3) Ba(ClO4)2 75 + ethanol 20 + rosin 5 ..........final OB - 26.39 on CO2
4) Ba(ClO4)2 75 + acetone 20 + nitrocellulose/12,4N/ .... 5 ........final OB - 17.3 on CO2

All mixtures looks no hygroscopic. Problem can be evaporation of solvents. Any way, interesting idea with Barium perchlorate. It seems , that adding Alu powder is possible.

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 11-1-2023 at 06:30

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Is it slightly exotic composition, but should by works. Ba(ClO4)2 with OB + 38.06 is also soluble in acetone (OB - 220.3) ethanol OB - 208.7 on CO2. In acetone is soluble (as binder) nitrocellulose, camphor, rosin. In ethanol is soluble camphor , rosin. Testing mixture can be:
1) Ba(ClO4)2 80 + 20 ethanol, final OB - 11.29 on CO2.
2) Ba(ClO4)2 80 + acetone 20 .........final OB - 13.61 on CO2.
3) Ba(ClO4)2 75 + ethanol 20 + rosin 5 ..........final OB - 26.39 on CO2
4) Ba(ClO4)2 75 + acetone 20 + nitrocellulose/12,4N/ .... 5 ........final OB - 17.3 on CO2

All mixtures looks no hygroscopic. Problem can be evaporation of solvents. Any way, interesting idea with Barium perchlorate. It seems , that adding Alu powder is possible.

In pyotechnics, it has been traditional to include a small % of a weak acid such as boric acid in compositions containing powdered aluminum and intended to be bound with water activated adhesives. Mixtures containing nitrates which are prone to evolving ammonia, undergoing self heating and thermal runaway leading to ignition in particular.

At this point, my questions regarding your HE mixtures video have lead us far from the original topic of this thread- Although it began with sourcing diethylene glycol to use as an energetic precursor chemical for propellants, we're now talking about fuel use "as is" and detonation rather than deflagration?

Laboratory of Liptakov, I propose to split this thread, do you concur? If so, should our side trip into HE mixtures with soluble in fuels oxidizer salts be rejoined with one of the related earlier threads or would you like to start a new thread with this?

[Edited on 1-11-2023 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-1-2023 at 08:06

The trip can be plugged with some related thread. Thanks, Bert. Maybe after testing described mixture (on BaP base) can be serious reason create a new thread....:cool:

[Edited on 11-1-2023 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

Pages:  1  ..  8    10

Go To Top