Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: most powerful whistle mix
sum
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 10:29

I make whistle mix(pot.chlorate/salicylate) but can't whistle(HND press only).plz tell me about this
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 10:32

HND=hand
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 13:13

Please tell us exactly what you are doing.

Mixture, exact content and % of each by weight. Include particle size for all ingredients. Describe processes used in mixing and consolidating. Dimensions of finished device. Any thing known of humidity, storage conditions the and possibility of related water content of failed device.

Don't abbreviate.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 15:30

@ sum.

Oh dear.
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 16:16

% is
1-70/30
2-69/30,redoxid1,pet.jelly+3
partical size is about pot chlorat 200 mesh,sod sacilayt150 mesh and redoxid is100 to150 mesh(not conf.) Dimensions is about 1•5``inch long and appx 7mm d.
j_sum1
Administrator

Mood: Organised

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 17:02

Quote: Originally posted by sum  
% is
1-70/30
2-69/30,redoxid1,pet.jelly+3
partical size is about pot chlorat 200 mesh,sod sacilayt150 mesh and redoxid is100 to150 mesh(not conf.) Dimensions is about 1•5``inch long and appx 7mm d.
Pieces of finger and eyeball +36%

Did you read this thread before you made your first post?
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 17:41

Not available kclo4 only kclo3
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 20:01

First: it seems you are using too much fuel and too little oxidizer. 70:30 works with perchlorate, chlorate calls for closer to 75:20 as there is less Oxygen available per moll. See below-

HOW did you distribute the petroleum jelly evenly through the mixture- Did you use a solvent, such as lacquer thinner? If so, are you certain it has all evaporated?

While drying off the solvent, how humid was the air... Damp whistle mix doesn't work, regardless of being wet with hydrocarbons or water.

:oTHIS: chlorate mixtures should NEVER be dried in direct sunlight. Small amounts of acidic impurities and moisture will cause a bit of Chlorine dioxide to be formed. Ultra violet light in sunshine then causes the Chlorine dioxide to set your composition on fire! So don't- If it's the only oxidizer you have, learn chlorate's particular dangers, and how to minimize them.

:mad:And tell your Chinese suppliers you want PERchlorate. It doesn't cost much more, and you won't be his customer anymore if his chlorate kills you.

---------

Are you in India?

Yes, you can make whistle with Potassium chlorate. But it's a lot more dangerous-

If you stick a blasting cap in it, goes high order. Goes off from much less shock, than perchlorate whistle, probably a lot less friction as well- I'll have to look the figures up. Minor contamination with Sulfur, sulfides, Antimony or Arsenic compounds among other things will all further sensitize this, like pretty much any other chlorate mix.

image.jpg - 226kB image.jpg - 227kB image.jpg - 239kB

image.jpg - 239kB

[Edited on 11-1-2015 by Bert]

[Edited on 11-1-2015 by Bert]

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 23:44

Thanks for reply.I know difference detween kcol3/kcol4(o2 factor).yes u right I am Hindustani (Indian).I uses MEk for make W/mix.but I want only use pot.chlorat and sod.sali.only to making w/mix.right now I trying to make w/mix 76/26% of comp.thanks again
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-1-2015 at 23:50

We are not believed in chiness and there material.I think my kclo3 is slightly impour.
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 02:09

No whistle 75/20 &76/20.no add another material (redoxid&vesli.).partical size is about air/fl. What can I do for whistle::(
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 03:20

is partical size,tube size & pressures also depend for whistle?:(
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 07:02

is partical size,tube size & pressures also depend for whistle?:(
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 08:41

76/20 is looks good when lit the powder but not whistle:(
Bert
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 09:44

Read the processing directions.

You need to mix well the iron oxide catalyst and powdered fuel, then dissolve the petroleum jelly in a solvent such as toluene or lacquer thinner, mix the thinned jelly into fuel and knead it inside a large zip lock bag until a very consistent, thin mud consistency is produced with no lumps, dry or differently colored areas.

Then the well powdered oxidizer is added to the bag, sealed with most of the air squeezed out and kneaded again until it is perfectly uniform color and consistency.

The mixed fuel is spread out thinly in small bits on a plastic sheet or similar non stick surface and dried in the shade, outdoors, in dry weather for SEVERAL DAYS.

Like this video, but do it in a bag, much less messy and smelly

Then tell us how it works/doesn't work.

sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 11:39

Can I uses MEK for this work.
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 11:45

Toluene and Mek r approx same property ...
Bert
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 12:10

MEK is hygroscopic. If you use it in humid conditions, it would attract water out of the air. Choose a non hygroscopic solvent.

Do you work at a fireworks factory?

sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 11-1-2015 at 17:39

OK... thanks. No
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 06:13

This batch looks better then first batch.
Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Split
14-1-2015 at 10:10
sum
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-1-2015 at 02:12

Pressure and tube size does matter for whistle ? when I test my other whis.mix batch than little whistle. then I do other test
they fail.
maleic
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-1-2015 at 19:26

potassium chlorate+sodium benzoate
2C6H5COONA+10KCLO3--------10KCL+NA2CO3+5H2O+13CO2

You can try if you want the feeling of flying
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top