Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: What chemicals do you need?
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-3-2013 at 15:55

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_gnr_aps?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3ADiet...
Ive had to wait for things to be back in stock maybe you could keep an eye out at amazon

[Edited on 14-3-2013 by Steve_hi]

[Edited on 14-3-2013 by Steve_hi]
Ephesian
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 25-3-2013 at 05:44

Diethyl ether is available
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-3-2013 at 04:49

Quote:

Diethyl ether is at the top of my list. I cannot for the love of me find a source of cheap ether. I'm not willing to distill it from starting fluid either.... Because distilling ether in a homemade copper-tubing distillation apparatus sounds just a little risky.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230874101441
Ephesian
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 27-3-2013 at 01:34

prepare to sign a waiver for intended for use form and photo ID for the above link to ebay
krishqa
Harmless

[*] posted on 25-4-2013 at 11:03

I paid $350 to Ephesian in mid January for 2.5 L ethyl acetate and 2.5 L acetonitrile.

I received the ethyl acetate a month later, and DID NOT RECEIVE the acetonitrile, and after repeated attempts to contact him, and excuses after excuses coming from his end, ive given up.

so im sure some of you had a solid deal, however my dealing with him is pure frustration, and lie after lie.

hes not responded to my repeated emails in over a month.

im just posting this as a warning to anyone who attempts to order any chemicals from him.

i repeat, Ephesian scammed me out of $250 and in over 3 months has not refunded the money or attempted to make amends
Mailinmypocket
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-4-2013 at 09:56

Open a dispute with Paypal- Sometimes that rattles the sellers cage a bit more than emails... That is of course if you paid with Paypal.

Edit- I just noticed you paid in January, I think that exceeds the dispute time frame. I have had an eBay seller use that to their advantage with me in the past. Keep vomiting out excuses until the dispute time frame passes and then it's too bad for you. I'm not saying this is what this person does but who knows?

[Edited on 26-4-2013 by Mailinmypocket]
SM2
Hazard to Others

Mood: Affect

[*] posted on 20-12-2013 at 07:34
DIE!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich_Insane  
Diethyl ether is at the top of my list. I cannot for the love of me find a source of cheap ether. I'm not willing to distill it from starting fluid either.... Because distilling ether in a homemade copper-tubing distillation apparatus sounds just a little risky.

The starting fluid is over 90% ether. No worries distilling it. Use a hot water bath as your heat source - not a lot of heat is needed. Just be sure there are no flames in the surrounding area. Especially ignition sources lower in altitude than your apparatus, as ether vapour is heavier than air, and will flow off a table top just like dry ice smoke. But starting fluid is a fine source. Stabilize it once your done with a tiny amount of BHT (Health Food Store)

"Old men who speak of victory
shed light upon their stolen life
they - drive by night- and act as if they're
moved by unheard music." B. Currie
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top