Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Obtain Nitrosyl Tetrafluroborate
APO
National Hazard

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 30-4-2013 at 17:07
Obtain Nitrosyl Tetrafluroborate

I recently saw this and thought I could save up 800$ for 100 grams, since you guys say I'll probably kill myself trying to synthesis it, I don't know if sigma sells to residences, but I want to know if there's a way to get stuff from sigma as usually my friend would order my stuff from there, he moved to Oregon though, so I gotta do it myself.

"Damn it George! I told you not to drop me!"
Prometheus23
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-5-2013 at 18:40

Ok now this is getting more than a little annoying...

You want to order something from Sigma-Aldrich but you don't know if they'll sell to an individual and deliver to a residential address?

This exact question has been brought up, discussed, and answered probably a dozen different times on this forum.

Please, for the love of god, USE THE FUCKING SEARCH ENGINE AND STOP WITH THESE KINDS OF POSTS! This forum and its members do not exist simply to spoonfeed you the answers to every random question that pops into your head that you were too lazy to even attempt to try and answer for yourself.

[Edited on 5/2/2013 by Prometheus23]
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 4-5-2013 at 15:24

My internet connection has Wikipedia, Chemspider, and most other sources of information blocked. Proxy servers aren't an option since I can't access them in the first place and good librarys are hard to come bye were I live, so neither of those are options. It's not my fault this sites' search engine leaves much to be desired. I typed in "buy from sigma aldrich", and guess what... NO MATCHES FOUND! So if you don't wanna help, GO HANG YOURSELF!!!

Prometheus23
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 4-5-2013 at 15:30

Hey what do you know, I just typed in sigma aldrich into this sites search engine and got pages and pages of results!

Lol I give up APO. You just keep on doin what you do man. I'm sure it'll start working for you eventually.

Oh, and "GO HANG YOURSELF!!!".... Really? Lol
chemcam
Hazard to Others

Mood: I will be gone until mid-september, on a work contract.

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 01:15

I would hope that a chemist could come up with a better, less barbaric, form of suicide.

My YouTube Channel: ChemCamTV
IRC Channel: #sciencemadness @ irc.efnet.org
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 01:27

What you thinking? Carbon Monoxide?

chemcam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 01:47

Nah, I would go either nitrous oxide, or a potent synthetic opioid, that way I go out happy. ;)

caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 02:58

What are you worried about, boys? It is a fair bet that this guy will never be able to prepare something that can make loud bang.

Women are more perilous sometimes, than any hi explosive.
Finnnicus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 04:48

Wonder what a nootropic overdose would be like...

Trotsky
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 12:20

Depends, but most that come to mind would involve seizures. Modafinil, for sure. No idea about the racetams being that they're used clinically as antiepileptics.

If only there were truly effective nootropics we could give APO. Most today are nootropics in the way that caffeine is a recreational drug. We need the amphetamine of nootropics for APO

and how is Wikipedia blocked but science madness is not?? Smell test failed
APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 21:07

It usually doesn't block forums, but blocks wikis.

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 21:18

Oh, and caterpillar, theirs a very well known website where plenty of bombs are demonstrated that have been made using domestically available chemicals, it's called YouTube. Hell, even some quick R-Candy will make a loud bang if confined.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcnPPvCfom0

Besides, I'm a dumb ass 13 year old, give me a break.

Anyways I'll try me best to not excessively post crap like this, ok? I figured out how to get this stuff.

chemcam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 21:42

I suggest you wait until you have a fully developed sense of risk management usually comes with adulthood before you attempt the things you write. I would hate for you to hurt yourself or other from making too much or being to close. Generally young people make mistakes with judgement of safety. When I was your age I was a major pyro and I took risks that I wouldn't even think about nowadays. Just a thought man, you will probably read this as an insult but I only mean the best. I strongly dislike the word bomb, if you have an interest in the chemistry behind explosives you refer to them as energetic materials. Bombs hurt people, energetics are thrilling to study in a controlled manner.

APO
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 22:10

Got it. :)

caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 22:59

Give us a break. Well, I was right about your age- two years is not very significant difference. Try with something simple. Read serious books like Organic Chemistry of Explosives by Jai Prakash Agrawal and Robert Dale Hodgson. Put one drop of concentrated sulfur acid onto your skin and watch, what happens. After such simple experiment you'll get to know, how really this compound dangerous is. Time to wake up- some compounds are available only in a dream (at last, for you).

chemcam
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 5-5-2013 at 23:17

The compounds made are more dangerous than the chemicals that make them. Sure you can test a chem on your finger but would you test an explosive on your finger? That is where the danger lies one tiny slip up and you can die or at least lose limbs. Why take that risk at such young age. Do you know how hard it will be to find a woman and get married when you are missing pieces of yourself. You would have to rely on hookers to have your needs met. Think of the risks and weigh the benefits. Is it worth it? Not when your 13. If you accidentally hurt someone you go to kiddy jail until your 18.

[Edited on 5-6-2013 by chemcam]

woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 05:28

As I wrote in another thread, try to obtain general knowledge of chemistry, before you dive into the (potentially dangerous) subject of energetic materials. So, I do not suggest you to read books about explosives and the preparation of them, but to read books about basic chemistry concepts. I also do not discourage you to do experiments, but I encourage you to do safe experiments and try to do something which is feasible. Nitrosyl tetraborate is not among the feasible things for you. It only is for VERY few of us, even the most experiences and most mature among us probably never have been able to make this compound at home or to purchase this compound (storage of stuff like that also is a special chapter!). Nice chemicals to start experimenting are things like several metal sulfates, acids and bases, ammonia, metal carbonates and oxides and a few general solvents like ethanol, acetone, and a few oxidizers like sodium peroxodisulfate, TCCA, calcium hypochlorite and dilute hydrogen peroxide and a few reductors like sodium sulfite, sodium thiosulfate, zinc. You already can do many interesting experiments with these, not in the field of energetics, but sure you can do interesting colorful things, redox reactions and making interesting gases and performing reactions with them.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Trotsky
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 06:46

Try making a tiny bit of dimanganese heptoxide. That's an incredible compound and you can handle it. It'll also teach you respect if you don't start with it.

Be careful with manganese containing compounds or you'll end up like me, though.
Finnnicus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 01:09

Oh, so much to say... I'll make it short.
Teach yourself! But only theory, because for the first month of my short (~1yr) interest in chemistry I thought I knew all about EM (not true) and probably would have injured myself unless I found here. Getting into other fields of chemistry is rather easy, I recommend it :P . Oh, and guys, don't get down on him because of his age, he's just ambitious. On a related note, APO handle your age and ignorance wisely and with caution, I know I do!
Read this , it really pulled my head in and now I have it saved on my phone. Think about that, how would that affect you for the rest of your days?
Good luck I'm sure you have a talent and aptitude for science, put it to good use man.

PS: Chemcam lol at the hookers.
PSS: We need a new thread, look out for it. :P

woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 02:48

Quote: Originally posted by Trotsky  
Try making a tiny bit of dimanganese heptoxide. That's an incredible compound and you can handle it. It'll also teach you respect if you don't start with it.
This sounds like a bad advice to me, unless you make really small quantities! Not more than a single drop!

Mn2O7 is insanely dangerous and leads to fire and explosions very easily. Having 1 ml of this stuff around already is a serious threat for your hands and eyes. Do not make such large quantities.

Manganese on its own is an interesting element. It allows colorful chemistry and exists in many oxidation states. Try to obtain some KMnO4 and some MnSO4, both are available through eBay.

Finnnicus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 03:09

Ah the many Beautiful states of manganese. There's a great scene from breaking bad, hopefully y'all know it.
Quote:
Hank correctly identifies rhodonite as a manganese inosilicate, while Walt rattles off manganese‘s oxidation states (-3 to +7, with +2 being the most common).

Mn2O7 is very interesting, maybe not for the very beginner-est, but drop wise, easy to manage.

caterpillar
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 03:12

Picric acid, gun cotton, nitrourea- these are compounds to start with. Make few grams, no more. Do not even think about Mn2O7!

Finnnicus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 03:14

What's your beef with Mn2O7? And not nitric acid?

woelen
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 03:40

Quote: Originally posted by caterpillar  
Picric acid, gun cotton, nitrourea- these are compounds to start with. Make few grams, no more. Do not even think about Mn2O7!
No, if you have no experience with chemistry at all, then these are not the things to start with. Energetics is not something to start with, first you need to teach yourself basic capabilities and some basic theory. Things to start with are compounds like copper chloride, sodium acetate, aluminium hydroxide. Fairly easy to make without unacceptable risk and while doing so you learn a lot of basic things, but theoretically and practically.

Peroksit
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-5-2013 at 04:35

Quote: Originally posted by APO  
My internet connection has Wikipedia, Chemspider, and most other sources of information blocked. Proxy servers aren't an option since I can't access them in the first place and good librarys are hard to come bye were I live, so neither of those are options. It's not my fault this sites' search engine leaves much to be desired. I typed in "buy from sigma aldrich", and guess what... NO MATCHES FOUND! So if you don't wanna help, GO HANG YOURSELF!!!

Use tor or free vpn (hotspotshield , raptor vpn) and use encrypted google
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top