Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: User:Idefense
Reverend Necroticus Rex
Hazard to Others

Mood: Poisonous

mad.gif posted on 24-8-2004 at 19:26
User:Idefense

I just noticed that we have a new user, Idefense, and lists their website as www.Idefense.com, the same people harassing roguesci.

This worries me, they shouldn't be here:mad:

The sun is shining on a brand new day
Blackened corpses burn where they were slain
Self-flagellation prompts him to confess, Bless me father, for I made this mess.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 24-8-2004 at 19:52

Either they decided to announce their presence or someone is trying to make some people around here paranoid. Either way it doesn't matter much, if it really is IDefense they could have just as easily, and with much less fuss have made a generic name and website address.

Things happen that we should not concern ourselves with. We have nothing to hide as most of the archives are accessible without membership, and what are they going to do with the whimsy password if they get it, find out what our favorite halogen is?

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
MadHatter
International Hazard

Mood: Enjoying retirement

[*] posted on 24-8-2004 at 19:53
iDefense ?

That has to be a sick joke. Blast that FUCKER into non-existence !

From opening of NCIS New Orleans - It goes a BOOM ! BOOM ! BOOM ! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !
Reverend Necroticus Rex
Hazard to Others

Mood: Poisonous

[*] posted on 24-8-2004 at 20:37

If it's a moron trying to make us paranoid, then fuck 'em, if it's idefense fuck 'em

Either way, fuck 'em!

sic em vulture::mad:

The sun is shining on a brand new day
Blackened corpses burn where they were slain
Self-flagellation prompts him to confess, Bless me father, for I made this mess.
Quantum
Hazard to Others

Mood: Interested

[*] posted on 24-8-2004 at 21:39

They can read all the posts without a membership so it makes no diffrence.

What if, what is isn\'t true?
JohnWW
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 02:19

I saw the new entry for [expletive deleted] "IDefense" a few hours ago, when I looked through the list of members. He does not seem to have made any posts yet, though. See if you can find out whether he is the "real thing", not just a "troll".

John W.
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 02:41

Reverend Necroticus Rex, if I'd be you I'd be very wary about demanding a ban...

Furthermore, unlike them, we stand for freedom of speech, so they have the freedom to make an account. As long as they don't violate any rules, there will be no sanctions.

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 07:21

Reading parts of the thread on Rouguesci downtime and IDefence it seemed obvious to me that the main problem was that the name of the domain was owned by the provider and not by the ppl who run the board or a trusted third party.

The question which arises is if this our board´s name is registered in an equal way - say by the service provider or not. If sciencemadness is registered to the provider this should be changed in the nearer future.

btw. I believe the wording "MSDB" is wrong although used frequently by moderators - I much more prefer the "sciencemadness" as saying "mad for science" over "mad-science" which got quite weary and mass-abused lately. "mad for science" expresses much better what we are doing here than the "mad-science" which has sadly developed an smell of irresponsibility.
"Mad for science" may have some advantages in these political more and more restrictive times too. I talk about avoiding unnecessary fights here and about looking what the name of the board and its URL actually say:

SCIENCEMADNESS

Back on topic: If the name is secured and not in the hands of the service provider there will be no problems, leaving the name in these hands would be careless as it has been for rouguesci. The problematics arising from thus a constellation are not really new to the world - it is rather easy to avoid trouble arising out of this.

On the question of banning IDefense vulture has already told everything whats to say. Freedom of speech is not a one-way street. Pratice what you demand for yourself is the way to go. Thats of course much easier to tell and to do for a small board like this here, but hey! - thats now not our problem! LOL.....

And NO! I am no moderator or administrator here - I only suffer from a strong identification with this board and thats why I say "we" and "our board". A good board is never "owned" by somebody, but it is a open source of content provided by the community for everybody. Thats strongly related to "freedom of information", something the "masters" of other places often dont realize as I see it. :P

Irgendwas is ja immer
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 10:56
domain ownership

I think the domain is supposed to "belong" to me. I do get email from the registrar whenever something changes with it. However, even though they contact me via email, I don't actually have the account information to log in on their site. The account name for the registrar is that of a Bravidio employee and he holds the password as well. I will try to extract this information from Bravidio, but I don't know how fast I will achieve results. They take forever to write back even when I want to pay them; I have no idea how long they'll take when I want a favor!

This forum has often been abbreviated to MSDB because "Mad Science Discussion Board" is what it was named back at the beginning. Just today I have changed it to "Sciencemadness Discussion Board."

The signup IP address for "idefense" traced back to theplanet.com, not that that has much significance either way.

PGP Key and corresponding e-mail address
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 13:30

Vulture, please don't ban the good Reverend. After all, his pictures have set the standard for how not to maintain your lab.:D

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
vulture
Forum Gatekeeper

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 14:27

Did I say I was going to ban him? :P

I was just making a suggestion in the way of "he who is without a sin may throw the first stone".

Damn, never thought I'd post something out of the bible. Yikes. ORG, WHERE IS THE VALIUM!!!

One shouldn't accept or resort to the mutilation of science to appease the mentally impaired.
raistlin
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 17:57

He already used it all Vulture ;)

So me thinks your just a bit out of luck :P

\"To ignite, or not to ignite, that is the question.\"
Magpie
lab constructor

Mood: Chemistry: the subtle science.

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 18:37

There is a lot of wisdom in the Bible. One just has to be wise enough to pick and choose.:o

The single most important condition for a successful synthesis is good mixing - Nicodem
Cyrus
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-8-2004 at 20:52

Yes, there is a lot of wisdom in there, but if ya pick some, and not some, that is like saying, there is lots of wisdom in my math book, but I just pick and choose which theorems I like. Besides, how do you know if you have enough wisdom to know which "theorems" of the Bible are right?

Just like a math book, the whole Bible is one unified concept.

Back on topic, I thought of registering as iDefence at roguesci. :D Not seriously of course, but MAN, would it make them mad. Think of how many times my computer would have been hacked!

Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 26-8-2004 at 01:28

There speaks a lot of love for all humans in the words of Jesus Christ.

The rest of the bible is mainly violence, rape, revenge, threats and genozide in the name of "the Lord". Some drug induced wild phantasies too Johannes and his apocalyptic riders for example.

Vulture is of course Zoroastrian like all belgish are - worshipping the fire. ("capitol of fireworks" got it? :D ).

Irgendwas is ja immer
Democritus of Abdera
Harmless

Mood: Stone Dead

[*] posted on 26-8-2004 at 07:44
!!???!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Magpie
There is a lot of wisdom in the Bible. One just has to be wise enough to pick and choose.:o

Where the hell did that come from?
Did I miss something?

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.\"--- Marcel Marceau
thalium
Hazard to Others

Mood: :D

[*] posted on 5-11-2004 at 12:09

too bad I don't have enough time to read the Bible... fuck iDefense

I don\'t believe in ghosts but they believe in me

Hell was full so I came back..
cyclonite4
Hazard to Others

Mood: Amphoteric

[*] posted on 16-12-2004 at 04:44

I beleive the forum and its admins/mods would be completely within their rights to ban "IDefense", the argument is whether or not to.
Personally, I beleive that this is not the real Idefense, as there would be no reason to (they can already read posts, as someone else mentioned) and they can use a generic username (also mentioned by someone else), which is alot less suspicious.

One thought was that if it is the real IDefense, they may post stuff intended to get replies from others so they incriminate themselves or the forum (would this be entrapment?), and maybe having indicated that they are IDefense, this may provide a legal-loophole for their sneaky, backhanded methods (as indicated by their attack on RS).

I think the best thing to do would be to wait for their posting to become active, analyze the contents of their posting, if they are some kind of joker, teach them the appropriate lesson, if they are IDefense, put them in their place, and if they act like assholes just ban them.

If IDefense does something bad on here, it could be used against them later, which would be in the interest of the forum, RS, the hive, etc.

[Edited on 16-12-2004 by cyclonite4]
DEA
Unregistered

[*] posted on 19-3-2005 at 14:33

Hi, gang. We've been watching you for a long time. :P

neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 19-3-2005 at 14:36

We already knew that. Trolls...
J_O_H_N_Q
Harmless

[*] posted on 31-3-2005 at 23:53

LOL!

Now THAT"S classic.
Oh, and don't worry Mr. DEA, we've been watching you too.

[Edited on 1-4-2005 by J_O_H_N_Q]
cyclonite4
Hazard to Others

Mood: Amphoteric

[*] posted on 1-4-2005 at 04:45
Idefense, active

I just noticed the user Idefense is logged in, I guess if it Idefense, they are doing their regular threat-checkup? :)

Has anyone noticed if they are on often?

\"It is dangerous to be right, when your government is wrong.\" - Voltaire
Idefense
Harmless

[*] posted on 1-4-2005 at 04:48

You may end this thread, remove this account.

I am only a poor joke and a reminder of the unseen and her friends.
Kamisama
Harmless

Mood: SilentButDeadly

[*] posted on 27-4-2005 at 18:31

who is the unseen and friends?

Reddi whip is funny. ^_^

Go To Top