Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-6-2013 at 04:10

Thanks for the link solomon
blogfast25
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-6-2013 at 08:39

I'm not sure why this nonsense hasn't been moved to detritus or whimsy yet.

To 'improve your "IQ"', try a placebo:

1. BELIEVE
2. take a sugar pill
3. Presto!

Alternatively, use what you've got but HARDER!

Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 29-6-2013 at 12:05

Quote: Originally posted by Solomon  
I got an IQ score (on WISC for age 15) of:
Verbal reasoning: 128
Perceptual reasoning: 121
Memory: 116
Processing speed: 85
By the way if anyone else has taken an IQ test could you please post your results. I believe that it is statistically unusual in an average population to find people with a high score in both verbal and perceptual reasoning. I hypothesize however that people on the sciencemadness are among the very few who do have a high score in bot verbal and perceptual reasoning categories. I was concerned over posting this as IQ has always been a... sensitive topic. I hope others would post their IQ result categoies on here (if you have taken an IQ test). I took one because the cops found chemicals at my house and nosy freedom destroying robotic people that they are did their governments bidding. They just had me mentally tested. Dirt bags took all my chemicals away :mad:. Anyway although we are getting off the subject, just post your IQ results and I will make a data chart and post the results on here if I get enough scores;).

[Edited on 27-6-2013 by Solomon]

[Edited on 27-6-2013 by Solomon]

hah.. i thought i was pretty well the only person that was put through that thing.. luckily i got out and could start pointing fingers at the person who was still keeping me improsoned for approx. 1 year from when i was told i had no mental dysfunctions
good times
because they were all a stereotype of sick men.

iQ was measured to be 135, and as soon as something i cant find sense in learning, such as general small talk like.. talking about dogs and such other nonsense doing no good as low as iQ 85

i dont read anything else but an iQ test that cannot lie.. just like ADHD medicine will make you really really energetic if you dont have ADHD, and the opposite if you DO

i read this should be moved to detritus, and i dont see the reason for that, i was very denying about the whole ''drug'' thing, however this is a commercially available ''drug'' and if you compare this to HE, i dont see much problematics with it, others than if this would be mass produced and made profit and cause problems in the society
already im signing out of attempting to make this as its an organic, lol.
but would be cool to have it on your shelf and being able to say you made it..

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
Solomon
Hazard to Self

Mood: FOR SCIENCE!

[*] posted on 29-6-2013 at 13:16

antiswat, I am assuming that they arrested you for what I was questioned for. How long ago was this? If it was not too long ago, then you may be able to see the details of your IQ test by requesting a print out of the results from the person who conducted the test. Have you made any impressive explosives (ex: C4, Semtex, RDX, HNIW, Astrolyte, etc...). I feel the same way you do about small talk... useless. Did you join this forum in response to the hydrazine synthesis video like I did? Great post on that pyro handbook... possibly the greatest DIY explosives book that I have ever read. By the way, you can learn how to synthesize truth serum (Thiopental) from the encyclopedia of pharmaceutical substances (p. 2021).

[Edited on 6-29-2013 by Solomon]
Nicodem
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 30-6-2013 at 12:44

Unless this thread returns to a chemistry related topic in the next three posts, I'm moving it to the Whimsy section where it apparently belongs.
Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 00:34

Here is my gift for you :D

[Edited on 1-7-2013 by Mildronate]

Attachment: modafinil.pdf (447kB)
This file has been downloaded 1999 times

aliced25
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 02:20

If you can get the thioacetamide, then it can be oxidized with peracetic acid

Attachment: Aktoudianakis.Lin.Dicks.Keeping.Your.Students.Awake.Facile.Microscale.Synthesis.of.Modafinil.a.Modern.Anti.Narcoleptic.D (122kB)
This file has been downloaded 964 times

From a Knight of the Realm: "Animated movies are not just for kids, they're also for adults who do a lot of drugs." Sir Paul McCartney
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 09:28

Good file Mildronate.
Solomon
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 1-7-2013 at 12:33

Processing speed is only useful in sports. It is debatable whether that should even be considered as a category on the IQ test. One person figured my average at 112 which would be right unless processing speed didn't account for very much. As they pay little attention to processing speed when calculating the cumulative IQ, thus the reason why my cumulative score was 119. On the first IQ test I took, the cumulative score was 125 because they didn't include processing speed. This discussion is getting exceedingly unproductive and becoming a waste of time! Let's get back to chemistry! No more IQ comments unless it is a detailed report of an IQ score with a pdf of your results! Someone think of another chemistry topic and we can start discussing, preferably something regarding synthesis.

[Edited on 7-1-2013 by Solomon]

[Edited on 7-2-2013 by Solomon]

Attachment: IQ results.pdf (154kB)
This file has been downloaded 631 times

Vargouille
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 05:05

It's confidential for a reason, mate. I would black out your name and high school at the very least.
sonogashira
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 05:07

I'm sure he'll get around to it. His substandard "processing speed" might be to blame?
sargent1015
Hazard to Others

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 05:10

This thread has been derailed hard, detritus?
Or just lop off the bad parts

The Home Chemist Book web page and PDF. Help if you want to make Home Chemist history! http://www.bromicacid.com/bookprogress.htm
Vargouille
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 16:58

That's fixed some of it, but the way you blocked out your high school means that it's relatively simple to find out the name of whose computer you used to do it. I'm guessing your father. I would do it in MS Paint and repost as a .jpeg or something like that. Also, I wouldn't want to have my full name visible, either. It probably seems a bit much, all of this, but there are some scary people out there.
ChemistryGhost
Hazard to Others

Mood: Supercooled :cool:

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 19:51

Modafinil really is a smart drug. It's safer than coffee. It's also good for enhancing wakefulness, and making the brain work more efficiently. Also, it's especially useful for ADHD.
I have ADHD, and Modafinil has been pretty good. My brother has ADHD too. My cousin from Canada he has ADHD. My other cousin, she has ADD. There are a lot of geniuses in my family with ADHD. The modafinil feels kinda relaxing to me, but also boost focus and memory and you can more productively use your pre-existing intelligence. Modafinil has been one of the best things ever and prevents me from being volatile and forgetful.
https://www.livescience.com/51919-modafil-improves-attention...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16623645
Flodafinil is a good alternative to modafinil.
I think benzhydrol could be a starting point to modafinil synthesis.
For improving IQ, the most effective way is neurogenesis that can create robust improvements permanently. NSI-189, 9-Me-BC, and Selank are some examples of neurogenesis. Phenylpiracetam is also useful.
Stacking cognitive enhancers with memantine would be better than taking cognitive enhancers alone, to protect against potential neurotoxicity by preventing excess glutamate. Taking turmeric and piperine at the end of the cognitive enhancer dose can help prevent negative epigenetic changes by creb inhibition and preventing dynorphins from being released.
Future research will allow for the hypothetical ceiling of happiness to be raised to superhappiness and beyond. Laser neurosurgery will reduce physical and emotional pain and suffering and also substantially reduce pain from rejection. Laser neurosurgery will cure OCD and NPD and BPD. Deep brain stimulation can improve the brain. Future chemistry can allow for superhappiness, superintelligence, superhealth, superstrength, and superlongevity. Titanium foam bones build wolverine bones. A future with virtually no tolerance. A future where most of the fear and suffering is neurosurgically and technologically and chemically removed from the brain and could be replaced with brain chip functional analogues.
There's also PF-4455242.
Epigenetics suggests that what we do and other factors can affect the modification of gene expression. It's preferable in most cases to modify the gene expression rather than altering the gene itself. There are good epigenetic changes and bad epigenetic changes. The aim is to reduce the negative epigenetics and increase the positive epigenetics.
Future compounds will revolve around epigenetics and be much more accessible, stable, and affordable than genetic engineering. Hence, 9-Me-BC and lion's mane and semax and more will be much more stable than gene editing.
There is also the possibility that robots will lead to a universal basic income.
Better living through chemistry. Transhumanism. Utopian neurosurgery. Science. And more.
It's difficult to make it without proper help despite a very high intelligence if there's ADD/ADHD. Hence, professional help may be needed.
http://www.addvance.com/help/parents/gifted_child.html
Benzhydrol could be a starting point to modafinil synthesis.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" ~Einstein
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 5-8-2017 at 21:22

Looks like 4 years later I finally get to do the right thing and move this thread to Detritus where it belongs. Thanks for bumping it, ChemistryGhost.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
5-8-2017 at 21:22
Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
16-11-2017 at 07:33
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 16-11-2017 at 07:47

This really is not a cooking chemistry ban worthy topic. I STARTED to move a collection of merely drug related but not beyond the pale/obviously detritus worthy stuff back to original (or at least appropriate?) forums. Then stopped, because, second guessing another moderator. Not a good thing.

I would welcome some discussion on where we stand in this matter.

I personally have i$$ue$ with some a$pect$ of "drug culture", and so am not unbiassed- but still quite interrested in the nuts and bolts of both synthesis and biological/perceptual effects of substances- No matter what politicians think they should do to get re elected.

[Edited on 16-11-2017 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Bert
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
16-11-2017 at 07:49
Texium
Administrator

Mood: PhD candidate!

[*] posted on 16-11-2017 at 10:25

It didn't seem too controversial to me. There were multiple calls to send it to Detritus years ago, it got bumped this year with a sort of odd stream-of-consciousness block of text about the wonders of "smart-drugs," and thus I sent it to Detritus, thinking that it must have just been missed by the mods in 2013.

Come check out the Official Sciencemadness Wiki
They're not really active right now, but here's my YouTube channel and my blog.
clearly_not_atara
International Hazard

Mood: Big

[*] posted on 16-11-2017 at 11:23

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but modafinil is a Schedule IV drug in the United States. It's not recreational, but then again lots of things are scheduled for stupid reasons. Whether it's allowed is mod's discretion of course but I thought people should be aware.

With that said, ammonium thioglycolate is a key component of many hair removers. Perhaps this can be pyrolyzed to thioglycolamide? That would only require a reaction with benzhydryl bromide and oxidation of the product to arrive at modafinil.

[Edited on 04-20-1969 by clearly_not_atara]
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 22-11-2017 at 15:59

Well, small amounts of amphetamines and whatnot, will over time, probably make you smarter.

Though there is such a thing, as being too smart.

Nice to have a super fast car with a really powerful engine. While keeping in mind, that such a car, will need really, really, really...good brakes.

If you can't slow yer noggin down; then to a bad place...... you will be a-going.

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/49303/howl

[Edited on 22-11-2017 by zed]

[Edited on 23-11-2017 by zed]
aga
Forum Drunkard

[*] posted on 22-11-2017 at 16:02

Drugs are bad m'kay ?

zed
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-11-2017 at 16:26

Not bad exactly. Kinda like snakes. Useful on occasion, but you gotta remember that the snake has a toothsome end on it. Try not to tempt fate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRGeIrAfq-k&list=PLA643C...
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 22-11-2017 at 17:33

The knife that cuts the mistresse's throat is the same that the wife peels potatoes for the children's dinner with?

[Edited on 23-11-2017 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

LearnedAmateur
National Hazard

Mood: Free Radical

[*] posted on 23-11-2017 at 07:15

I know I'm not really in a position to call any shots, but I think it should be scrutinised if questions about personal usage are asked, I mean this isn't Bluelight, and it's never recommended to ingest anything you make yourself unless you have access to the equipment to ensure absolute purity. However, I don't see anything wrong with discussing the syntheses of any compound, no matter how controversial, dangerous, and/or illegal by users who obviously know what they're talking about - especially considering that explosives are a hot topic on SM and in a way are far more dangerous than many drugs and toxins/poisons. That's when it's obvious that there is a distinction between those who have a genuine interest in the chermistry behind these substances, I know I do, and those who just want to know what powders and liquids to throw into a jar overnight. Flexibility in the rules leads to freedom by those who deserve it, but it can still be tightly controlled based on context and background; what one user may consider completely illegal and taboo, another could view as tolerable and utterly benign simply due to their location, level of knowledge, and other varied circumstances. Just my thoughts on the issue, since at the end of the day we all sit under the same umbrella and are more alike than one may care to admit.

In chemistry, sometimes the solution is the problem.

It’s been a while, but I’m not dead! Updated 7/1/2020. Shout out to Aga, we got along well.
S.C. Wack
bibliomaster

Mood: Enhanced

[*] posted on 23-11-2017 at 09:27

There are sadly lame threads started here all the time and I think that's the actual issue here. Nothing exceptional about this one though, and the patent could be an interesting jag of madness if one at least had benzoic acid and thiourea.

"You're going to be all right, kid...Everything's under control." Yossarian, to Snowden
zed
International Hazard

[*] posted on 25-11-2017 at 17:53

I don't want to be an advocate; a Judas Goat, leading my companions to slaughter.

On the other hand, I don't want to be reactionary.

I think it is important to temper the public's enthusiasm for "Happy" chemicals, with a little punch-in-the-face reality...... You are on the edge, watch your step. You too can ruin your life, and/or die young.

I live in one of America's hippist cities. I input.

When Nancy Reagan says "Just say No!" It falls on deaf ears.
When William S. Burroughs tells you "It's time to clean-up, kid!" "You are about done for!" It should provoke self evaluation.

[Edited on 27-11-2017 by zed]
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top