Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New scans: 4 German ebooks ready
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

Mood: swinging

[*] posted on 16-9-2004 at 01:07
New scans: 4 German ebooks ready

I scanned four chemistry books and made PDF-ebooks of them. All books are 600 dpi high resolution scans. Features like correct site-numbers, silx-compression, OCR under the picture (=> for fulltext-searching) and constant page-sizes are available in all of them. Here some details:[color=darkgreen]
  • 'Syntheseplanung in der Organischen Chemie' by Christine L. and Martin Willis; 99 pages; 1.7 MB

• 'Organische Retrosynthese' by S. Warren; 293 pages; 3.3 MB

• 'Einführung in das anorganisch-chemische Praktikum' by Jander and Blasius (just the quantitative analysis part); 226 pages; 4.4 MB

• 'Experimentieranleitung C4000' Kosmos; 183 pages; 10.4 MB
[/color]
(Some time ago, I also scanned 66 pages from 'Der Kosmos-Kakteenführer' by Erik Haustein. You can also get this file.)

You can get the books by downloading them from axehandle's ftp (/upload/Mephisto) or by signing up a free account at www.streamload.com and PM me your account-name (not the password).

It would be nice, if users who are running a file-sharing program (like emule etc.) could share the books (release-setting) for some days. By this, the books should be constantly available on the ed2k-system (or kazaa or whatever).

Have fun!
Mephisto

[Edited on 16-9-2004 by Mephisto]

Visit the German synthesis collection LambdaSyn and our new LambdaForum!
chemoleo
Biochemicus Energeticus

Mood: crystalline

[*] posted on 16-9-2004 at 08:02

Awesome!
I did some scanning on the Jander Blasius Book myself, and covered about the first 150 pages - which I lost in my harddrive crash.
Anyway, great stuff! Can I ask you , how long did each book take, to scan and process?

PS did you upload 'der Kakteenfuehrer' onto the FTP too? I can't check here unfortunately, I need to wait until the connection at home is set up again.

[Edited on 16-9-2004 by chemoleo]

Never Stop to Begin, and Never Begin to Stop...
Tolerance is good. But not with the intolerant! (Wilhelm Busch)
Mephisto
Chemicus Diabolicus

Mood: swinging

[*] posted on 16-9-2004 at 09:30

> Can I ask you , how long did each book take, to scan and process?

The Kosmos-ebook was a test for an automatic scan by such a fax+printer+scanner machine. It has done its work fast, but it can only scan batches of single pages, so it's impossible to scan bound books without unbound/destroy them. The other books were scanned manual. This takes quite a long time, but you had only to change the page and press a key, so you can do another things meantime (watching TV, read, listen music etc.).

> PS did you upload 'der Kakteenfuehrer' onto the FTP too?

Yes.

If someone is interested, I can also upload the 'Pschyrembel (Klinisches Wörterbuch)' on cd.

Visit the German synthesis collection LambdaSyn and our new LambdaForum!

Go To Top