Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemistry classes?
Thanatops1s
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 17-8-2013 at 18:01
Chemistry classes?

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction on where to find chemistry classes for an adult to take. I've looked around a little with no luck. I don't want to go to a university for a degree where I'm forced to take English and other things that are irrelevant. I just want the science and math related things.

I have always worked in IT and frankly I'm sick of it. I really want to eventually embark on a career in something chemistry related. I have no problem spending multiple years at it, I just don't want to, nor will I have the time to spend on all the other things I'd be forced to take for a typical degree.

[Edited on 18-8-2013 by Thanatops1s]
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 17-8-2013 at 18:30

Go to a local college, sign up for classes.

Usually you don't have to declare a major until you have been there for a year or two. Even then you could take whatever classes you want you just wouldn't be able to get a degree. Also I know plenty of people that have gone to college part time, so it shouldn't be an issue if you want to take a class here and there and not dedicate yourself to anything.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org
Crowfjord
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ever so slowly crystallizing...

[*] posted on 17-8-2013 at 19:02

If you just want to learn and aren't pursuing a degree, some schools will let you audit a class for a fraction of the price. I think the trade off is that you don't get credits or a final grade.
Steve_hi
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 18-8-2013 at 04:25

You can get all kinds of courses from well known Universities from the following link including chemistry.

https://www.coursera.org/account/logout
Thanatops1s
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 18-8-2013 at 05:56

Quote: Originally posted by Crowfjord  
If you just want to learn and aren't pursuing a degree, some schools will let you audit a class for a fraction of the price. I think the trade off is that you don't get credits or a final grade.

Thanks, this is something I'm definitely going to have to look into. I already have a degree in computer science. I really just want the knowledge. I've been reading and teaching myself for quite some time, but only had a year and half of formal chemistry education back in high school and want to seriously study it further.

The good thing is that in the area I live, there are a ton of colleges and universities to choose from.

Go To Top