Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  31    33    35  ..  78
Author: Subject: Short question / quick answer - Thread
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 28-3-2016 at 11:47
NaClO4

Hi, I have question: Will be it worked ?
4 KMnO4 + 3 NaClO2 + 2 H2O = 4 MnO2 + 3 NaClO4 + 4 KOH
Or it is nonsense? NaClO2 is free as pool chemicals. Usually 25% in H2O. KMnO4 is free. MnO2 is possible decantation, KOH will be possible separe via different solubility. Target is NaClO4 of course. Thanks, ...LL...:cool:
source: http://www.webqc.org/balance.php?reaction=KMNO4+%2B+NACLO2+%...
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 31-3-2016 at 05:23

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Hi, I have question: Will be it worked ?
4 KMnO4 + 3 NaClO2 + 2 H2O = 4 MnO2 + 3 NaClO4 + 4 KOH
Or it is nonsense? NaClO2 is free as pool chemicals. Usually 25% in H2O. KMnO4 is free. MnO2 is possible decantation, KOH will be possible separe via different solubility. Target is NaClO4 of course. Thanks, ...LL...:cool:
source: http://www.webqc.org/balance.php?reaction=KMNO4+%2B+NACLO2+%...

Seems too good to be true...if it was true then KMnO4 would change NaCl directly into NaClO4.
Usually KMnO4 or NaClO2 reveal their oxydoredox potentials in acidic or in basic media...and usually a strongly basic component is not produced (in the products of reactions).

From experience, oxydoredox exercises are just made to use/practice the chem theory of oxydoredox and equilibration thus not always taking in account the validity/reality of such reactions...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-3-2016 at 07:17
NaClO4

Thanks, Philou. I have a same opinion. Much easy and maybe good only in school. Only one a way for truth. Try it.
.....LL....:cool:
NeonPulse
Hazard to Others

Mood: Isolated from Reality! For Real this time....

[*] posted on 31-3-2016 at 18:36

I was wondering if anybody knows of a Tetryl synthesis that requires 70% nitric rather than the80% specified? Can you just adjust the weight needed of nitric or will the excess water interfere? Or even if tetryl can be made using a nitrate salt in lieu of acid. I have a small amount of dimethyl aniline and don't really want to waste anymore on botched synthesis.

Where there is a will
there is a way.

AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie...
Dornier 335A
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 31-3-2016 at 22:52

It should work according to Urbanski.
UF6q2iQ.png - 50kB
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 1-4-2016 at 09:17

Quote: Originally posted by Dornier 335A  
It should work according to Urbanski.

Nice,
I will just add that spg 1.40 HNO3 is 67% so with 69%-70% the exces must be slighly less --> 35-36 fold instead of 40.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Camroc37
Hazard to Others

Mood: Must...Nitrate...EVERYTHING!

[*] posted on 13-4-2016 at 20:33

Can someone help me understand how to apply plasticizers and binders successfully depending on the energetic compound used?
Examples: PETN (Can the mix below work similarly?)
ETN+EGDN+NC (this will work, right?)
This is a new area for me, so I'm not sure if there is a special ratio or if it is just a sort of mix-until-putty deal. Thanks.

Youtube channel is Camroc37.
I make chemistry videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvdD2LIyXA34jvhPlUXorQ
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NeonPulse
Hazard to Others

Mood: Isolated from Reality! For Real this time....

[*] posted on 16-4-2016 at 04:48

The ETN , EGDN-NC mix is not really a plastic mixture in the sense of the word but basically a blasting gelatin with ETN added. I remember an old user here Ral123 made this and I recall him saying it handles poorly and is volitile due to EGDN and has a limited shelf life. I had also tried this combination but with NG once and found that once the ETN was added it dried it up making a cohesive homogenous mixture impossible to achieve.
Real plastique a however can last a very long time if the energetic material used is sufficiently pure. There is no set rule on amounts of plasticisers/ binders to use but typically 9% for C4 and upto a huge 30% had been reported for low grade knockoff Semtex. This would be barely able to fire properly and was probably on the threshold of usefulness, more like playdoh....

I usually try for 11-12% for high density in a well held together mixture that is still malleable without crumbling but this does require a lot of work and quite some practice to get it right. This also depends on what materials you will be using though.

Where there is a will
there is a way.

AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 19-4-2016 at 08:52
2-EHN

Has somebody experience with fuel 2-ethylhexyl nitrate? (2-EHN diesel booster) in mix with any oxidizer? As explosive material, of course. Is available on Ebay. Slightly expensive, but has universal using. OB = - 196. Thanks,..:cool:...LL
a nitrogen rich explosive
Banned troll

Mood: Repentant

[*] posted on 19-4-2016 at 10:16

60:40 tetranitromethane:2-ethylhexyl nitrate will create an extremely powerful and very sensitive liquid binary explosive... TNM + miscible fuel is generally considered bad news.

I can't think of a better signature.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 04:06

Quote: Originally posted by a nitrogen rich explosive  
60:40 tetranitromethane:2-ethylhexyl nitrate will create an extremely powerful and very sensitive liquid binary explosive... TNM + miscible fuel is generally considered bad news.

Owing to the large alcanic counterpart, the density of 2-EHN will be low and so detonic performances aswel...
Better work with denser fuels of the aromatic type...
Hexamethylolbenzene hexanitrate (C6(-CH2ONO2)6)/ TNM (or HNE) would be a much better choice...

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 04:11

Has somebody experience with fuel 2-ethylhexyl nitrate? (2-EHN diesel booster) in mix with any oxidizer? As explosive material, of course. Is available on Ebay. Slightly expensive, but has universal using. OB = - 196. Thanks,..:cool:...LL

Isopropyl nitrate or Ethyl nitrate would be denser and more explosive (better OB)...the density of 2-EHN will be low (0.9-1.0) and its hydrogen content will depress detonic performances...better get an unsaturated system with double bonds or triple bonds (or aromatic) to increase density and energy output per volume.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Banned troll

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 04:40

Purification of nitromethane

Does anyone know how to purify nitromethane from oil and additives? Laws in my country restrict nitromethane above the ratio of 1:3 nitromethane:fuel, and I have 1 litre of 25% NM. Any ideas?

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 05:02

Purification of nitromethane

Does anyone know how to purify nitromethane from oil and additives? Laws in my country restrict nitromethane above the ratio of 1:3 nitromethane:fuel, and I have 1 litre of 25% NM. Any ideas?

Depends on the fuels...
Evapo-condensation/distillation (<105°C) will take all volatiles (alcools (methyl, ethyl, isopropyl), water, aceton, ... and NM) the remainder will be heavy oils or less volatile compounds.
Then if needed water dilution to take all alcools, aceton away the unsoluble oïl should be NM.

A simple carreful distillation at 95-105°C should get you nearly pure NM.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

DrEvil
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-4-2016 at 23:30

Dont know if posted before, tryd to search but did not find the awnser..

I mixed kclo3/xylene ones and left it a closed zipper bag and left for 1 and a half days and worked great when i used it.

Made the same agein with same ratio and left for maybe 30min and it dident go off..

Is it possible that it needs to sit for a while and soak for a day to work properly?
And is it like this with an Also? Couse same happend with my an/xylene mix when left for about 30min before trying to detonere it.

[Edited on 09-09-2015 by DrEvil]
Banned troll

[*] posted on 21-4-2016 at 01:52

It is certain. Surely, by common sense it must be? If it detonates after one day soaking and not after half an hour, it needs to soak.

Scientific technique?

And, just so you know, 66:25:9 NaClO3:DEG:water/xanthan gum is a plastic explosive. Thanks Liptakov. I think that it might also work with ethylene diamide (PLX-100)

By the way, do YOU think that NaClO3 would work better than KClO3, and if so why?
[Edited on 21-4-2016 by a nitrogen rich explosive]

DrEvil
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-4-2016 at 04:59

Well yes but i was just asking sence i am new to this.
Banned troll

[*] posted on 21-4-2016 at 07:40

That's fine.
By the way, make sure that all your chemical equations are properly capitalised: naclo3, NaClO3 and NACLO3 mean very different things.

In short, use sodium chlorate instead of potassium chlorate, as sodium chlorate is highly hygroscopic and will absorb the fuel quicker than KClO3. Instead of xylene, use diethylene glycol or ethylene diamide.

Are you sure you're ready for this?

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-4-2016 at 09:18

That's fine.
By the way, make sure that all your chemical equations are properly capitalised: naclo3, NaClO3 and NACLO3 mean very different things.

In short, use sodium chlorate instead of potassium chlorate, as sodium chlorate is highly hygroscopic and will absorb the fuel quicker than KClO3. Instead of xylene, use diethylene glycol or ethylene diamide.

Are you sure you're ready for this?

If your fuel is hydrophilic, yes (NaClO3) otherwise it depends but in general no (--> KClO3)!

What is the ethylene diamide (PLX-100) you spoke about?
Do you have a chemical formula for it?

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Banned troll

[*] posted on 21-4-2016 at 12:05

Sorry for the typo: autocorrect is a bitch. I meant ethylenediamine.

PLX-100 is a liquid explosive comprised of 95% nitromethane and 5% ethylenediamine. VoD is around 6300 m/s. I don't have very much experience with it (I don't like liquid explosives.) It looks pretty brisant, although I don't have any specific tests to cite.

My other speculation was a plastic explosive alike to LL's plastics, using ED as fuel.

Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 22-4-2016 at 13:39

I recall an explosive patent for mixtures using various mixture of 2-ethylhexyl nitrate, ammonium perchlorate and azodicarbonamide (a blowing agent for plastics, occasionally used as a leavening agent in bread!), occasionally with auxiliary metallic fuels, sometimes with other oxidizers.

Some quite high velocities were claimed, I recall. Discussion was on the old roguesci.org explosives & weapons forum- I have not yet run down the patent number, but here is the meat:

Quote:

What is claimed is:

1. A multi-component explosive composition comprising a mixture of a first fuel comprising 2-ethylhexyl nitrate, a granular solid oxidizer, and an additive capable of lowering the sensitivity of the explosive consisting essentially of azodicarbonamide, said mixture forming a detonable explosive.

2. An explosive composition comprising 2-ethylhexyl nitrate in an amount of 9.65% by weight, aluminum in an amount of 9.65% by weight and ammonium perchlorate in an amount of 80.70% by weight.

3. An explosive composition comprising 2-ethylhexyl nitrate in an amount of about 13.3% by weight, azodicarbonamide in an amount of about 4.8% by weight and ammonium perchlorate in an amount of about 81.9% by weight.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-4-2016 at 14:34
VoD

Well, thanks Bert. However I can not find anywhere nothing measurement of VoD. If is VoD (for example) under 3000 m/s, next development is nonsense. Other word, much low velocity. But nobody nothing know. Huh...:cool:...LL
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 22-4-2016 at 18:31

http://www.google.com/patents/US5811726

As you said, no hard numbers for velocity- Just a general claim that they expect it to be high, based on over pressure at a certain distance, compared to a known explosive.

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-4-2016 at 23:52
DIY

Well, well...I read this patent minimal 5x. But it is a like reading UFO evidence. Patent is from y. 1996. Thus young. It is a big problem do it measurement VoD? I think, that patent was assigned for two homemade DIY. Even according text, which is as for childrens from basic school. Thanks Bert, ...:cool:...LL
Bert
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 23-4-2016 at 03:39

http://www.amalgamatedinc.com/news.aspx/2015/9/7/cetane-impr...

5 gallon $166.56

Here in USA, it costs about 3X the price of nitromethane in 5 gallon lots. Plenty of well documented high velocity mixtures with NM...

I have read up on Dautriche method, as well as various schemes using oscilloscopes & different detection methods, high speed photography, etc. to determine VoD. Never tried to perform the work-

Pages:  1  ..  31    33    35  ..  78

Go To Top