Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  37    39    41  ..  78
Author: Subject: Short question / quick answer - Thread
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 23-5-2016 at 05:09

Quote: Originally posted by glymes  
I think that aminoguanidine perchlorate would be more stable?

Stop thinking that what you think is the truth.
AGP would eventually be more sensitive to shock and friction than GP because it contains a hydrazino group what reduces the energy (enthalpy) of formation of the compound and increases its energy (enthalpy) of explosion.
About chemical stability both salts are salts from a strong base with a strong acid and are thus storage stable.

Typical example are NH4ClO4 and N2H5ClO4:
Despite NH4ClO4 is denser than N2H5ClO4...
N2H5ClO4 is more sensitive to shock and friction than NH4ClO4 and its VOD, brisance and Lead Block Test for 10gr are higher than those of NH4ClO4

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
ecos
Hazard to Others

Mood: Learning !

[*] posted on 25-5-2016 at 07:37

why to do guanidine perchlorate if you can do Hydrazonium diperchlorate? at least it is less sensitive.

Quote:

Hydrazonium diperchlorate (HP2) is an exceedingly energetic oxidizer. In addition to its exceptional potency, it has certain other advantages which would make it a desirable oxidizing component in solid propellant compositions. These advantages include high density, high burning rate and relatively low sensitivity towards initiation by shock.

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-5-2016 at 04:38

Quote: Originally posted by ecos  
why to do guanidine perchlorate if you can do Hydrazonium diperchlorate? at least it is less sensitive.

Quote:

Hydrazonium diperchlorate (HP2) is an exceedingly energetic oxidizer. In addition to its exceptional potency, it has certain other advantages which would make it a desirable oxidizing component in solid propellant compositions. These advantages include high density, high burning rate and relatively low sensitivity towards initiation by shock.

1°) Hydrolytically unstable (needs high acidity to remain as a dication)...
2°) Very acidic --> corrosive to metals
3°) Easily sets HClO4 free what is bad news regarding the uncompatibilities of that acid with many minerals, metals and organic materials
4°) Overoxygenated, so despite high density, lack of energy output on its own...so VOD will likely be much lower than expected...this is the case of tetranitromethane, hexanitroethane...quite dense, but moderate VOD (4-6 km/s) when pure....(when mixed with active fuels the VOD goes up a lot)
5°) Pure HDP displays the properties you wrote, but when mixed with fuel, all those benefits are ruined and the propellant will become a sensitive, unstable detonating material...

Better focus on other molecules like:
1°) H2N-C(=NH)-C(=NH)-NH2 . 2 HClO4 (bisformamidine or oxala(dia)midine diperchlorate)
2°) H2N-C(=NH)-NH-C(=NH)-NH2 .2 HClO4 (biguanidine diperchlorate about as good as RDX)
3°) Cyanoguanidine (di-cyanamide) perchlorate N#C-NH-C(=NH)-NH2 . HClO4
4°) ethylene dihydroxylaminium diperchlorate
N-variant (HO-HN-CH2-CH2-NH-OH) and O-variant (H2N-O-CH2-CH2-O-NH2)
5°) 1,2,3-propantriamine triperchlorate (H2N-CH2-CH(-NH2)-CH2-NH2 . 3 HClO4)
6°) Ethylenedihydrazine diperchlorate (H2N-NH-CH2-CH2-NH-NH2 . 2 HClO4)
7°) Melamine di or triperchlorate
The bases of 1°), 2°), 3°), 5°) and 7°) reacted with N2H4 forming amino, diamino, triamino, tetraamino variant of the bases --> perchlorates...

All those will be denser and more energetic than GP (guanidine perchlorate).

[Edited on 26-5-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
glymes
Hazard to Self

Mood: Fiddly

[*] posted on 27-5-2016 at 12:13

Also:

Ethylenediamine diperchlorate (H2N-(CH2)2-NH2.2HClO4)
Isopropyl amine perchlorate (H3C-(C-NH2)-CH3.HClO4)
5-aminotetrazole perchlorate ((C-NH2)-N3-(C-NH).HClO4)
Ethylamine perchlorate (CH2-CH2-NH2.HClO4)
ganger631
Hazard to Self

Mood: Plata o plomo

[*] posted on 28-5-2016 at 01:33

Are there any differences between 28 percent ammonium nitrate vs 35 ammonium nitrate, other than being lower nitrogen content? Will it be fine for making nitric acid?
ecos
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 28-5-2016 at 05:01

Quote: Originally posted by ganger631  
Are there any differences between 28 percent ammonium nitrate vs 35 ammonium nitrate, other than being lower nitrogen content? Will it be fine for making nitric acid?

the nitrogen content of AN is the same but you have more impurities in the 25% part.

the 25% will give you less nitric acid than 35% but it will work.
my advice for you is to buy nitric acid better than going to a hard process.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 28-5-2016 at 11:14

Quote: Originally posted by glymes  
Also:

Ethylenediamine diperchlorate (H2N-(CH2)2-NH2.2HClO4)
Isopropyl amine perchlorate (H3C-(C-NH2)-CH3.HClO4)
5-aminotetrazole perchlorate ((C-NH2)-N3-(C-NH).HClO4)
Ethylamine perchlorate (CH2-CH2-NH2.HClO4)

Much less interesting, because less dense and usually worst OB--> worst detonic parameters!

Off those 4 compounds the best are
EDA DP (O3ClOH3N-CH2-CH2-NH3OClO3)
5-ATz P (O3ClOH3N-CN4H)

O3ClOH3N-CH2-CH2-NH3OClO3 --> N2(g) + 2 CO2(g) + 4 H2O(g) + 2 HCl(g) (perfect OB)

O3ClOH3N-CN4H --> 5/2 N2(g) + CO2(g) + 2 H2O(g) + 1/2 Cl2(g) (almost perfect OB, the 1/2 Cl2 could burn 1 extra H)

[Edited on 29-5-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

kratomiter
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 09:13

I've been playing with guanidine perchlorate. Easy to make and sensitive, so it could be a great primary explosive. Mixed with oxides of some transition metals (like TiO2) lowers the temperature of explosion, I hope this way will make it more fuse-sensitive.
It's also a good propellant in combination of alkali perchlorate and a polymer to reduce its sensitivity.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 29-5-2016 at 10:40

Quote: Originally posted by kratomiter  
I've been playing with guanidine perchlorate. Easy to make and sensitive, so it could be a great primary explosive. Mixed with oxides of some transition metals (like TiO2) lowers the temperature of explosion, I hope this way will make it more fuse-sensitive.
It's also a good propellant in combination of alkali perchlorate and a polymer to reduce its sensitivity.

One may even consider the making of complexes of transition metals perchlorate with guanidine complexant...
Like:
Cu(Gu)2(ClO4)2
Co(Gu)3(ClO4)2 or Co(Gu)3(ClO4)3
Ni(Gu)3(ClO4)2 or Ni(Gu)3(ClO4)3

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

ecos
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 31-5-2016 at 03:31

is it possible to convert guanidine perchlorate to Biguanide diperchlorate ?

Biguanide diperchlorate is more powerful(8490 m/s) and less sensitive(impact sensitivity 11.8).
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-5-2016 at 07:43

Quote: Originally posted by ecos  
is it possible to convert guanidine perchlorate to Biguanide diperchlorate ?

Biguanide diperchlorate is more powerful(8490 m/s) and less sensitive(impact sensitivity 11.8).

Yes more powerful as explained in a earlier post above.

Sadly not by simple nor direct ways :(

Usually one has to start from H2N-C#N (cyanamide)...
Two molecules condense into cyano-guanidine (dicyan(di)amide)
H2N-C#N + H2N-C#N --> H2N-C(=NH)-NH-C#N
If you push too hard the reaction conditions, you go straight to melamine (triamino-sym-triazine).
Then condensation of cyano-guanidine with an ammonium salt
H2N-C(=NH)-NH-C#N + NH4Cl --> H2N-C(=NH)-NH-C(=NH)-NH3Cl

Maybe:
-from guanidine free base with Cl-C#N (cyanogen chloride) you could get to cyanoguanidine hydrochloride
H2N-C(=NH)-NH2 + Cl-C#N --> H2N-C(=NH)-NH-C#N . HCl
-from guanidine free base with formamidine chloride you could get to biguanidine hydrochloride
H2N-C(=NH)-NH2 + Cl-C(=NH)-NH2 --> H2N-C(=NH)-NH-C(=NH)-NH3Cl

But cyanogen chloride is nasty and formamidine chloride probably aswel.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

kratomiter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 02:39

Someone has tried the synthesis of aminoguanidine from guanidine and hydrazine? I tried neutralizing guanidine carbonate with hydrochloric acid ande then adding hydrazine sulfate. One hour at ~80ºC while stirring. I don't know why but hydrazine sulfate doesn't seem to dissolve at all (I got a lot of white precipitate which I believe is hydrazine sulfate). Aminoguanidine hydrochloride in solution should be yellow but mine is colourless. Any idea?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 05:03

Someone has tried the synthesis of aminoguanidine from guanidine and hydrazine? I tried neutralizing guanidine carbonate with hydrochloric acid ande then adding hydrazine sulfate. One hour at ~80ºC while stirring. I don't know why but hydrazine sulfate doesn't seem to dissolve at all (I got a lot of white precipitate which I believe is hydrazine sulfate). Aminoguanidine hydrochloride in solution should be yellow but mine is colourless. Any idea?

Right no aminoguanidine inthere!

To be able to perform the substitution you need the free base, not the salt!
You started from guanidine hydrochloride and hydrazine hydrogenosulfate...so no base is free.
You eather need guanidine and HHS or hydrazine and GHC.

So in fact adding 1 equivalent or two of NaOH will help you for that purpose since NaOH is a stronger base, it will catch the hydrochloride or sulfate of hydrogen and set some hydrazine/guanidine free (hydrazine is the weakest base so it will be freebased first; then guanidine).

Then upon heating-reflux NH3 may freely be evolved from the system.
H2N-C(=NH)-NH2 + H2N-NH2 <==> H2N-NH-C(=NH)-NH2 + NH3(g)
It is an equilibrium!
NH3 is a stronger base than hydrazine but weaker than guanidine; but NH3 is much more volatile than hydrazine,which is itself more volatile than guanidine...when getting out of the system NH3 gas favors the right reaction side and the formation of aminoguanidine.

Note that you will not only have mono-amino but also di-amino and tri-amino-guanidine and initial guanidine salt based on a statistical distribution (depends on initial ratio of the réactants).

I would start from Guanidine hydrochloride and hydrazine hydrate to avoid the sulfate anion and Na2SO4, NaHSO4...but then you need to work the hydrazine hydrogenosulfate with Ba(OH)2 or Ca(OH)2 to get rid of the sulfate as a CaSO4 or BaSO4 precipitate.

Alternatively distilate hydrazine in the cold and in PE or PP plastic apparatus from a dry (or slightly wet) exces NaOH and hydrazine hydrogenosulfate.
Avoid glass since NaOH and hydrazine are corrosive to it and avoid overheating since hydrazine is endothermic from its elements and hypergolic...so might take fire or explode.

[Edited on 4-6-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

kratomiter
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 05:19

Thank you PHILOU. Doesn't aminoguanidine hydrolize in basic media?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 14:53

Thank you PHILOU. Doesn't aminoguanidine hydrolize in basic media?

Possible but slow...theorically guanidine is an amide derivative of carbonic acid...
(HO-)2C=O + H2O --> C(-OH)4
(H2N-)2C=NH + NH3 --> C(-NH2)4
C(-OH)4 + 4 NH3 <==> C(-NH2)4 + 4 H2O

edit:
So in principle:
(H2N-)2C=NH + H2O <==> (H2N-)2C=O + NH3
guanidine + water <--> urea + NH3

(H2N-)2C=O + H2O <==> H2N-CO2H + NH3
urea + water <--> ammonium carbamate (H2N-CO2NH4)

H2N-CO2NH4 + H2O <==> (HO-)2C=O + 2 NH3
ammonium carbamate + water <--> ammonium carbonate ((NH4)2CO3)

[Edited on 5-6-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

A banned chemical
Harmless

[*] posted on 4-6-2016 at 23:28

Hi guys been lurking here for sometime.

I have a question relating to a most likely silly thought but I simply can't shake the idea.
I searched online and came up with nothing so I'm assuming its not a thing but like I said I can't shake the idea.

So anyway I was looking at a select group of compounds that might be suitable candidates for research explosives.
I was looking in particular for compounds of similar structure or with similar groupings to existing materials that have been confirmed to be nitratable into an explosive of either an ester amine or nitro aromatic type.

So anyway here's the question caffeine.
Could this be nitrated into an explosive?
Its an aromatic with groups that match non aromatic groups to some degree.

This like I said may be a stupid question so please don't be mad if it is I tried not to start a new thread on it so if it is then hey whatever.

PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 08:15

Quote: Originally posted by A banned chemical  

I was looking in particular for compounds of similar structure or with similar groupings to existing materials that have been confirmed to be nitratable into an explosive of either an ester amine or nitro aromatic type.

So anyway here's the question caffeine.
Could this be nitrated into an explosive?
Its an aromatic with groups that match non aromatic groups to some degree.

What is ester amine?

Amines, alcohols, halogen (by substitution) are nitratable.

Caffeine may be turned after partial or total hydrolysis into methylnitramine or methylamine nitrate but it is a big waste of material.

[Edited on 6-6-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

A banned chemical
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-6-2016 at 08:25

Sorry punctuation may have helped there.
I meant that as in I comparing to common nitro esters/amines

Do you have a feasible (practical) method this is something that interests me.
Even if you give a general idea of rough quantities I am willing to refine and post results here.

On that note do you have any idea of what this compounds properties would be sensitivity,VOD,toxicity etc?

DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 7-6-2016 at 08:15

Lol sounds like "a nitrogen rich molecule"
A banned chemical
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-6-2016 at 21:08

I don't get the joke.

Seriously though anyone know were a synthesis can be found or does any one have one?

[Edited on 8-6-2016 by A banned chemical]
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-6-2016 at 03:23

Quote: Originally posted by A banned chemical  
I don't get the joke.

Seriously though anyone know were a synthesis can be found or does any one have one?

[Edited on 8-6-2016 by A banned chemical]

This is not a joke, everytime a new poster writes, it reminds us a trolling poster that had mutliple ID and posting continuously mistakes, daydreams, schizophrenic non sense...
Everytime his account was blocked, he came back with a new saying he wasn't the same guy...but he was and we noticed because his ideas where in the same line, and he was always doing the same kind of chemical mistakes.

Not from cafeine...because unpractical and un-economical

About the properties, everything is to be found into the forum via the search engine or on internet by Google-ing...but of course you need to type in the good key words...

[Edited on 8-6-2016 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Mr.BairyHalls
Harmless

Mood: I hate being Bipolar it's awesome

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 12:58

Hello everyone, I have a question in regards to the eutectics of ETN and more specifically ETN/RDX. Does anyone have any information on the performance and general properties of an ETN/RDX cast composite? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? I'm currently testing and researching the properties on an ETN/RDX (2:1 & 2:5) cast composite and cocrystal. I believe NeonPulse mentioned it earlier in this thread but I'd like to know more. Also, I was wondering if I should open a new thread and post my results since there is currently no available thread on the subject.
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/242345030_Thermal_b...

[Edited on 11-6-2016 by Mr.BairyHalls]

What stinks, has an extremely hairy twin brother, and itches all day?
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 03:04

BairyHalls --> HairyBalls ;):P:D

Just kidding

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

Mr.BairyHalls
Harmless

Mood: I hate being Bipolar it's awesome

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 21:54

I'm glad someone gets it :cool:

What stinks, has an extremely hairy twin brother, and itches all day?
KesterDraconis
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 13-6-2016 at 15:31

I have a question about the synthesis of nickle hydrazine nitrate.

I have hydrazine sulfate, but I don't have any calcium hydrozide or barium hydroxide to react with, then filter off, to get a solution of hydrzine hydrate. Would there happen be another way than using these to chemicals to get a solution of hydrazine from hydrazine sulfate that would be safe to use in the synthesis of NHN?
 Pages:  1  ..  37    39    41  ..  78

Go To Top