Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: BOYCOTT NIKE
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 16-11-2013 at 01:44
BOYCOTT NIKE

I will never buy a Nike product again as long as I live. The spamming these little people are doing to our site is disgusting and reflects a corporate carelessness and utter lack of courtesy that should be punished. The only way to punish a corp is to boycott its products. Besides they manufacture in China anyway (no loyalty to anyone.) At one time Oregon bragged about Nike. Not anymore.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Organikum
resurrected

Mood: busy and in love

[*] posted on 16-11-2013 at 01:59

Next you delete your Facebook profile and then you will have no friends at all anymore. ;)

Or do you just switch to Adidas? :P

I am a bit surprised, as here this is with Nike the same as with Apple products, IPhones in special: If you see an idiot you dont have to lok at the shoes or for the phone, you know what it is. Why so many others are still using this? Habit? Or is it fashionable to solidarize with the chavs of the world?

A problem is of course that it is really not so easy to find decent quality stuff whats not branded. I spent hours over hours to remove offensive branding.

/ORG

Irgendwas is ja immer
Marvin
National Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-11-2013 at 03:28

chemrox,

You are assuming the branded products being spammed around the forums are genuine.
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 16-11-2013 at 06:23

i think the sites they link to might also be installing some virusses and keyloggers and what not, perhaps a few hundred toolbars if youre really lucky?

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
The_Davster
A pnictogen

Mood: .

[*] posted on 16-11-2013 at 11:40

Also: BOYCOTT KITCHENS:D

i jest...

Regardless of whether this is Nike or forgeries, it is not being done by the parent company, it is being done (poorly) by internet marketers driving traffic to their individual "buy Nike online" or whatever store. It is part of a shitty SEO strategy.

Thing is, one of the recent google algorithm updates makes links on unrelated sites useless or even negative to their search engine rankings, so by deleting the spam, we are actually helping them :(, if they stayed and google indexed those links, their site would drop in the google rankings....

It looks like the forum got added to a list of easily-spammable sites prior to the google update, and either the marketer does not know that the algorithm changed, or they are subcontracting a SEO company that does not know what they are doing.

[Edited on 16-11-13 by The_Davster]

Go To Top