Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: moldable thermite
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 13-12-2013 at 09:28
moldable thermite

Hello guys from the last weak I was doing various experiments with thermite mix made from aluminum and iron oxide . Everything is going very well but I was looking a way to make this thermite mix moldable and sticky so that it can be made into any desired shape and sticky so that the mixture remains on its place and doesn't slip

Girls break promises like a small child breaks pencil tips so don't trust girl bcoz no girl=no tension
DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 13-12-2013 at 09:37

depends on what youre using it for, if youre looking for low gas production, then i really dont have an answer. However if youre going for the view, the flame and molten metals, then you might use flourocarbon ? Or other energetic binders. I think normal urethane binders will burn much less fierce.
Vikascoder
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 13-12-2013 at 09:43

I just want that the mix remains on its place even if the object (for example chair )on which the thermite mix is kept went upside down .

Girls break promises like a small child breaks pencil tips so don't trust girl bcoz no girl=no tension
Ragnar
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-12-2013 at 16:17

Many compounds that would be combined with Thermite would melt causing the failure of adhesion to whatever surface you are trying to attach it to. The same would apply to whether or not you attached it using some other mechanical system. Thermite burns and follows Newton's law of gravity. There might still be a way??? I'll let you know if I come up with something.
DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 22-12-2013 at 17:16

TEFLON and magnesium ? maybe ? or simply high metallic content rocket fuel. hehe.
Tdep
National Hazard

Mood: PhD is done! It isn't good but it's over lol

[*] posted on 22-12-2013 at 23:44

There's no way I can think of doing this, because once the thermite starts it's going to melt/evaporate/destroy any sort of sticky substance.

The only way I can think of doing this is to have it stick there by conventional sticky binders whathaveyou while it's still a solid and then put a powerful magnet on the otherside of the thing you want it to stick to. As the thermite goes off, the resultant molten iron is attracted to the magnet.

Although I can't see this have a sucess to any great degree, it's the only way I see this working
TheChemiKid
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 23-12-2013 at 05:35

Can't help but say this, but what about marshmallows?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VPIoRVt30U :D

When the police come

\( * O * )/ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'̵͇̿̿з=༼ ▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿ ༽
Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 23-12-2013 at 07:17

We have to try out this as a binder for plastique. It certainly circumvents the toxicity issues that some of the energetic binders have.

Go To Top