Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: PyBOP Shelf life
Graphene
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 15:38
PyBOP Shelf life

Hey guys, I've been a long time lurker here and usually don't join forums because chances are my question has already been answered. But I would like some input on something, admin sorry in advanced if this is in the wrong section.

So I had just ordered some PyBOP from Advanced Chemtech through Creosalus. Now I have the analysis sheet and it says that it was approved in 2010. My question (given the header); Is this product still good? I would like to know before I submit my material to this and end up with a bunch of useless sludge.

I have looked at countless papers and the longest I've seen suggests 2 years. Not 4! I understand that this is a very reputable company and I just want to know what you guys think. Infact, the reason I chose Advanced Chemtech is because they were referred to on this site in an earlier post. Super pricey for sure!

Thanks in advanced guys, glad to be apart of the knowledge finally!!

PS.
Product is sealed in light proof air tight container.
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 17:29

Quote:
May be stored at RT for short-term only. Long-term storage is recommended at -20°C

http://www.labome.com/product/US-Biological/B1076-16.html

At what temperature did you store it?

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Graphene
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 03:39

I'm not sure. I had just gotten it not two days ago... Just threw it in the freezer. This doesn't seem good. Should I contact the company and get a refund? I can post a copy of the analysis sheet that they sent with it. Don't you think advanced chemtech of all people would know about product degradation?

I mean, for the high cost I paid I feel that I should not have to worry about this. There are other places I can get the same qty for 1/3 the price.

EDIT: The package is even mislabeled by weight. Kg instead of grams. Just throwing that out there.

The following sums it up pretty well actually. Gives the shelf life from point of analysis.

http://www.clearsynth.com/docs/COA-CS-M-62908.pdf

[Edited on 10-4-2014 by Graphene]
Graphene
Harmless

[*] posted on 10-4-2014 at 08:18

I contacted advanced Chemtech. All is well, they will test the batch and send me a new analysis write up by tomorrow. Great people to deal with. Highly recommended!
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 06:55

Good move. In the past, I sometimes ordered exotic fare from SA, and received material that was clearly crud. Nothing to do for it. I used it anyway. They were the only source, communication was not good, and they didn't much care. Just a little college account, not even a direct purchaser. Don't like our crud? Too bad!
Pickardjr
Harmless

Mood: vapor state

[*] posted on 12-4-2014 at 17:52

I have some and the paper says to store at room temp, out of light and away from moisture.

anaspec sells it too, fyi

[Edited on 13-4-2014 by Pickardjr]
Martha C. Miles
Harmless

[*] posted on 30-3-2015 at 00:39

I suggest you to contact the company and ask for solutions. Or you can inquiry a company, Creative-Porteomics ( http://www.creative-proteomics.com/), which provides such inquiry services and also offers some contract research organization services (CRO). Good luck with your experiment.

Go To Top