Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chloroform Odessa
Mildronate
Hazard to Others

Mood: Ruido sintetico

[*] posted on 21-5-2014 at 10:51
Chloroform Odessa

Do you belive this? http://www.voanews.com/content/chloroform-poisoning-might-ha...
unionised
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-5-2014 at 11:13

Chloroform has a strong, characteristic odour.
Are there reports of people smelling chloroform there?
Zyklon-A
International Hazard

Mood: Fluorine radical

[*] posted on 21-5-2014 at 11:38

I don't believe that at all. I personally love the smell of chloroform, and it's not something that can kill you, in any but enormous doses (40,000 ppm over a period of about ten minutes). (Ref)
Also chloroform builds up tolerance very fast, (based on experience), so it would take a huge amount to be quickly vaporized, and spread through such a big building.
Useing that much CF would be a big waist of money since many other gaseous toxins are available and much cheaper. (Although CF is pretty cheap)
I'll bet that whoever suggested that is just someone who watches too many movies, and see's people (only in movies) get knocked out from a CF soaked cloth. He then thinks, "Hey those people were in weird positions, I bet they were killed by chloroform!" And everyone takes him seriously because he he's supposed to know about such things.

thesmug
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-5-2014 at 18:00

I have lots of chloroform and I can never smell it so I'm no good judge of this but, what kind of building was this that there would be that much chloroform? There'd have to be monumental amounts of chloroform present, no?

Good eyes

Go To Top