Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: long life
searat
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-12-2004 at 01:08
long life

I don't know much about biology, but i was reading(along time ago) about a cland that is situated near the soulplex and it produces a protien or emzyen. But at the age of 40(give or take) it stops being produced.

I don't know the name of it but i think it starts with G or C, and if anyone knows what equiment do you think would take to make(Don't worry about money resrictions).thanks

[Edited on 21-12-2004 by searat]
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-12-2004 at 01:55

That gland of which you give the position is probably the adrenal cortex, which produces cortisone and other corticosteroids (with small amounts of androgens resulting from metabolic error). However, its production is not associated with longevity.

An hormone which ceases to be produced in later life is human growth hormone (HGH), produced by the pituitary. It is a polypeptide compound. However, it is needed by the body only until full size is attained, anyway. An excess of it, which can be caused by a pituitary tumor, results in acromegaly, with abnormal elongation of bones and limbs. Lack of it, which can result from pituitary failure, results in dwarfism unless treated. Therapy with it has been tried to offset some of the effects of ageing, but there it no real evidence of its being assiciated with longevity.
searat
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-12-2004 at 03:59

Thank you, i won't comment on the info for a coulpe of weeks.Google,thanks for the compounds
Sorry to say but i read the memory loss thread and there was a post in there about long life, i don't know weather it was the thing i read.
It was about homones(proalbely lack of info on my part) but what or how would you produce sythnic compounds, machinery(type) etc. My main topic though is anti-aging. For polypeptide compound would you use dna or other test(?) to stop some sideaffects from happening.
I just need topics(polypeptide,HGH etc),thanksU.

[Edited on 21-12-2004 by searat]

Go To Top