Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: eBay seller deschem
NOV:5
Harmless

Mood: Moodless

[*] posted on 6-9-2014 at 16:56

I've bought a good chunk of glass from deschem. Never had an issue, have pulled some of their gear to almost 29" from my system. Never noticed any bubbles in the glass. I've got some multi necked RB's, buncha 300mm condensers, and some other stuff..

Havta say my favorite right now is scilabsupplies

Remember, Remember...
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 11:15

my glassware flew into LA, 848 mi/ 7hr south of me,.. then went to Eureka, 189 mi/ 3hr 44min north of me,.. then to Sacramento, 101 mi/ 1hr 31min south of me,.. then up I5 and finally sorted in my town. should be here a little later this afternoon :D
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 10-9-2014 at 13:08

*sorry for the double post, if a moderator wants to merge my last comment and this one that is more than fine with me *

finally got time to inventory my glassware from Intelabglassware on ebay. as stated about deschem, I got bubbles in the more intricate glassware( 5 pieces ). kinda bummed about that, considering the big red "all of our glass have none any bubbles or defects" on each auction. but most of it was perfectly fine.
whole order, bad condenser >>
IMAG1038.jpg - 888kB grahm condenser.JPG - 223kB

neck-1, neck-3 >>
IMAG1027.jpg - 973kB IMAG1025.jpg - 932kB

currently in negotiations to have the 500ml RBF replaced, and the rest warrantied against breakage, because I am accepting them in poor condition. wanted at least an email I can forward to ebay if they waffle on it in the future. but we will see what they wanna do.

on the bright side, I now have ground glass for future experiments :D

nannah
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-9-2014 at 00:08

Can someone recommend me to get a vacuum pump from the seller ben0315?
He also has cheap glassware but im not sure about the quality.

Thanks.
deschem
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-7-2017 at 15:33

:):):)
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 15-7-2017 at 22:31

It's deschem!

I bought a 1L jointed 24/40 sep/addition funnel from Deschem a while back, and it is actually superb quality... flawless, doesn't leak, excellent price, packed in a box that is good for permanent storage... actually, I think the last five or so items I purchased from Deschem have all been good quality....

BuzzKillerOfFire
Harmless

[*] posted on 15-7-2017 at 23:42

I've had nothing but good experiences with deschem, he even made me a custom ebay listing for a misc bulk order. I've put some of my stuff under slight/moderate vacuum and it's held up fine. The sealing is good but not perfect, but is more than adequate when greased with sulfuric acid.
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 16-7-2017 at 07:32

I've put deschem equipment under 5 mm Hg with no problems.

charley1957
Hazard to Others

Mood: Extracted

[*] posted on 16-7-2017 at 09:16

Almost all the glassware that can be subject to a vacuum that I have is from Deschem. So far I've not had any problems with any of it. I normally only use about 10" of vacuum, but I have used 28" on particularly rough filtrations, and so far it has all held up well.

You can’t claim you drank all day if you didn’t start early in the morning.
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 16-7-2017 at 09:52

I've had, with two exceptions, both sep funnels that shattered, one of them with a bare touch of the stopcock, it more or less disintegrated.

But everything else, in fact quite probably most of my glass is from deschem. Not all of it, but certainly a lot. Have put it under vacuum (single stage rotary vane pump) and its held up just fine, even when I had to do that and heat the contents of a still (carefully) with a propane torch for a few hours to distill the contents.
AlChemicalLife
Harmless

Mood: happy and ready for science

[*] posted on 17-7-2017 at 09:32

I just ordered from him , waiting to get my pretty glassware in the mail by the end of the month ! :)
I went with 24/29 because Im not a big fan on huge long joint sizes like 24/40 , if he sold a form of 14/20 I would have jumped on that as I like the smaller form glassware :)
~Steven
tsathoggua1
Hazard to Others

Mood: Phosphorescent

[*] posted on 18-7-2017 at 12:19

How come you prefer the smaller form? I quite like the 24/40 size. although some of mine is in 24/29 generally thats been picked up when it was what was available, and they fit together if needs be.
BILLBUILDS
Hazard to Self

[*] posted on 20-7-2017 at 11:01

ive bought a ton off him and he gives me discounts now :) ive had a few breakages with 2L RBF but they were all replaced. ive also pulled a vacuum with a garden hose (a balance between water usage and vacuume)on quite high attached to a aspirator with no problems what so ever
AlChemicalLife
Harmless

Mood: happy and ready for science

[*] posted on 21-7-2017 at 20:27

I got my glassware in and I'm happy with it, some of it doesn't fit together well but for the most part it is great , and he sent me a random brass boot keychain in the mail after that for some reason ... xD
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 21-7-2017 at 22:37

I wish deschem would send me free stuff ;)

NZniceguy
Harmless

[*] posted on 18-9-2017 at 05:16

What does he put on the customs declaration description of contents? I had another guy put "chemistry" on a condenser and customs broke it and sent police around. :(
JJay
International Hazard

[*] posted on 18-9-2017 at 06:42

Deschem declares stuff for what it is and usually puts the word "lab" on glassware. Generally, 24/40 items are labeled as "school" items.

UkAmateur
Harmless

[*] posted on 19-9-2017 at 09:01

I'm just about ready to place an order through Ali express for glassware. Nothing too fancy. 500ml distillation set up. Aspirator. Buchner funnel/100Oml vacuum flask. And a hotplate/stirrer combo.. Mostly deschem stuff.

Anyways the only thing that's really worrying me is UK customs, are there any UK members who have ordered glassware etc from China who can set my mind at rest?

Its a bargain price, if I ordered it all from UK supply houses I'd be paying more than double but I'd sooner pay double than get the dreaded "knock"....(though UK suppliers might just as easily drop a dime on a citizen chemist as customs are likely to for ordering kit from China I guess..)

Just looking for some opinions regards ordering into the UK and the possible consequences...?

Sorry if that appears paranoid but the laws over here are pretty draconian for those without the relevant licences etc..

Thanks in advance
Reboot
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-9-2017 at 14:51

I just got an order in from Deschem and the quality is excellent, much better than expected. Clean joints, well ground, no apparent bubbles. The only obvious difference from my old gear (lovingly hand-made by old-world craftsmen in the US about forty years ago) is that the larger drip tips on some of the adapters have been somewhat crudely ground off instead of flame polished. It doesn't look as nice, but I guess it doesn't really make a functional difference. Considering the Deschem stuff cost about 1/4th what my older kit did, I can't complain. :-)

The order came extremely well packaged (customs would have had to be very bored indeed to bother prying the mass of foam and tape apart.) No problems with customs here in the US, but they don't seem to care about a little lab gear in most states.

All in all, very pleased; I'll definitely be buying more stuff from them.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top