Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Legality and Ebay
inertia
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-7-2014 at 14:07
Legality and Ebay

Recently, I bought some Acacia powder on ebay. I'm hoping to get catechol then try synth benzodioxole. However, after I made the purchase, I learned why the item was for sale. I was kind of surprised to find an obscure plant on ebay, but I (stupidly) didn't question it, and bought 250g.

As it turns out, people like to extract certain illegal alkaloids from acacia plants, which I suspect is the reason this product is on ebay. I bought it from the US (and I live in the US).

So my question is: Will I get screwed when/if big brother shows up at my door and sees my glassware in combo with this somewhat suspicious product I ordered online?
BobD1001
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 25-7-2014 at 14:37

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion you would be "screwed". If you keep a detailed lab notebook detailing your experiments, and store your materials in a safe manner I believe that most level headed law enforcement officers will realize you aren't the baddie type of chemist that they are looking for. Having said that, if they want to screw you, they can and will; there are almost always at least a few laws you are breaking while practicing home chemistry, typically storage violations, zoning, in Texas glassware, etc.

I haven't heard of them tracking eBay, but noting is really out of their reach anymore. Just keep a safe, clean workspace, detailed notes, and good safe storage. Then continue practicing chemistry knowing you have minimized your risk.

[Edited on 25-7-2014 by BobD1001]
cyanureeves
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-7-2014 at 18:15

the bark, powder or root itself is not illegal until you extract it.i have bought from the us and from mexico multiple times and have died 1 shirt with the powder.i have smoked the extract which IS illegal.i have also purchased the other herb used in conjunction with the acacias to brew ayahuasca.an ebayer from florida will sell a huge bag of banasteris something for a couple of dollars.there is no way in hell i will take ayahuasca and trip for 12hrs.DMT and changa are so freaking scary that recreational use is almost unheard of.i also got some seeds that made me sick for about 6 hrs,all gotten on line and sold with utmost pride and reputation.making the stuff taught me a bit about acid/base extractions and non polar solvents,ph levels and how easily i can kid myself about being upright and righteous.i was scared too but no more than when i purchased sodium hydroxide,sulfuric acid,potassium chloride and potassium nitrate.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 25-7-2014 at 18:51

Quote: Originally posted by BobD1001  
I wouldn't jump to the conclusion you would be "screwed". If you keep a detailed lab notebook detailing your experiments, and store your materials in a safe manner I believe that most level headed law enforcement officers will realize you aren't the baddie type of chemist that they are looking for. Having said that, if they want to screw you, they can and will; there are almost always at least a few laws you are breaking while practicing home chemistry, typically storage violations, zoning, in Texas glassware, etc.

I haven't heard of them tracking eBay, but noting is really out of their reach anymore. Just keep a safe, clean workspace, detailed notes, and good safe storage. Then continue practicing chemistry knowing you have minimized your risk.

[Edited on 25-7-2014 by BobD1001]

I can't provide the reference, but I remember reading a publication one time that spoke about their on-going surveillance of ebay users, and how it lead to some bust of a drug lab, or something along those lines. I can't remember the details, but the point is that ebay is indeed watched.
forgottenpassword
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 00:19

Is this plant illegal?
unionised
International Hazard

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 03:40

Which plant?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Acacia_species
inertia
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 05:15

Acacia Confusa. Yeah. The high alkaloid content one. It's the cheapest and most available, so I grabbed it, not thinking that it could be there in monstrous quantities for reasons outside my direct scope.
cyanureeves
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 07:20

no ! the plants are not illegal and mimosa hostilis(jurema) is a good size tree that grows freely in the desert.i read that most wild grasses in america also have the DMT molecule.even if e-bay is watched amazon.com has alot more herbs,seeds,barks etc. banisteriopsis caapi is not illegal either because it is just a monoamine ioxidase inhibitor that allows the acacia intoxicating substance to go through and have effect. a company on amazon even sent me other stuff for free when i bought calea zacatechichi(the dream herb) for sleeping aid.calea tastes like bile and makes you have the strangest vivid dreams in living color.i dreamt about a beautiful girl and her sky blue eyes were still imprinted and visible somewhere in my head well after i woke up in the morning.calea does have a mild valium effect right after you take it though so that is good but the dreams must be caused by some acid,like when you eat spicy food maybe?i swear the acacia DMT is like watching colorful aztec gods sitting in math class and throwing geometric patterns up in the air.calea is worth trying to extract because it is almost impossible to ingest because of its horrible taste but it is in my opinion a very good organic sedative.you are bound to stumble into weird stuff when dealing with chemistry anyway.read the story about how the chemist who discovered LSD. it is funny because he thought he was being possessed only after he knew he was not poisoned.who do we usually turn to when we need help battling a superior evil force? yep! i also hit my knees after ingesting hawaiian woodrose seeds.as long as you dont sell your makings you are alright in my book.
inertia
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 12:02

Quote: Originally posted by cyanureeves  
as long as you dont sell your makings you are alright in my book.

Maybe you misunderstood..

I'm not trying to make DMT. Or do DMT. I'm trying to isolate Catechin from these plants. I'm a chemistry student exploring my major over the summer, not trying to find a way to get high or explore my psyche.

This is nothing against you, or people that choose to do these things, but I'm personally in it for the science.

Go To Top