Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Cyklonan
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:30
Cyklonan

Cyklonan 1 is an explosive developed in the Laboratory of Liptakov. Ingredients: tetraamine copper nitrate .... 88 aluminum ... 5, nitrocellulose (12,4N) ... 7. Preparation: TACN is converted into the size of 0.1 to 0.5 mm. Mix with aluminum, acetone and NC2. The mixture is transferred to the wet lumps. These are passed through a sieve with a mesh 2x2mm. The granules are brought to dryness. Wooden molding product are produced cube 20x20x20mm. Density of 1.20 g / cc. The cube 2x soaked in 8% solution NC2. This creates a water-proof compact cube weighing about 9.8 g. Of these cubes are then composed charges. To the desired weight and shape. Work 117.7 g Cyklonan 1.
LL

Cyklonan1.jpg - 114kB
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 10:48

What is the sensitivity?

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Dornier 335A
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 12:22

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a very weak explosive? I saw a video where 200 grams of TACN only slightly dented a 1.5 cm steel plate. Even ANNM should perform better.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 12:49

Correcting: ANNM (plastic with NC, microballons, aluminum) is good for handling useless. It is highly volatile. Availability and nitromethane production is problematic. In many countries. Moreover, it is expensive. Yes, ANNM composition is stronger. Dynamite is also stronger. All compositions nitroesters are stronger. The difficulty of manufacture is much greater. Cyklonan is a compromise. Good handling. Non-volatile. Water resistant. Basic detonator initiation # 8. Spare initiation 0.3 HMTD only. Hand pressed.
LL
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 13:19

Cyklonan 2:
TACN ............ 80
AP......................8.......................................Edit: (NH4ClO4)
NC13,1N ........9................Gun powder (or spare 12,4N)
Al ..................... 3
It is about 50.% stronger than the Cyklonan No.1 Preparation: TACN + AP is mixed with the addition of NH3 in 25% aq. The consistency of porridge. Dried at 35C. Furthermore, the procedure is the same. (OB - 7.74)

[Edited on 5-9-2014 by Laboratory of Liptakov]
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 14:46

I hope the AP in your composition stands for ammonium perchlorate, not acetone peroxide!

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
franklyn
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-9-2014 at 22:12
Have you posted here before ?

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=1970&a...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-9-2014 at 00:30

AP = ammonium perchlorate = NH4ClO4. Item repaired. The issue of Franklyn unfortunately I do not understand. I use a machine translator.
LL
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-9-2014 at 20:25

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
Correcting: ANNM (plastic with NC, microballons, aluminum) is good for handling useless. It is highly volatile. Availability and nitromethane production is problematic. In many countries. Moreover, it is expensive. Yes, ANNM composition is stronger. Dynamite is also stronger. All compositions nitroesters are stronger. The difficulty of manufacture is much greater. Cyklonan is a compromise. Good handling. Non-volatile. Water resistant. Basic detonator initiation # 8. Spare initiation 0.3 HMTD only. Hand pressed. Dornier: Laboratory of Liptakov not looking so much on video. Runs his own research. Therefore Cyklonan was not just talk. It is perhaps a broken steel girder little? How much have you tried those. Show me your results. Not strange video.
LL
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 6-9-2014 at 11:41

@LL
To me you have a lot of problems with your composition:
1°) Copper is not cheap and will be even more and more expensive with time.
2°) Copper is not enviro friendly
3°) If you have access to NH4ClO4...then you will get much more power by making Cu(NH3)4(ClO4)2 (TACuP).
TACuP is a much more sensitive explosive than TACuN...it has a little less power than TNT(in sand test) and relative good shock sensitivity (almost a primary)

So PHILOUZAN is much better than CYCLONAN!!!! (to be improved for best OB!)
80 TACuP
8 NH4ClO4 or NH4NO3
9 NC13,1N (Gun powder (or spare 12,4N))
3 Al

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 6-9-2014 at 12:42

Because I use a translator about all understand. But I have not seen the test results Philouzan.
LL
NeonPulse
Hazard to Others

Mood: Isolated from Reality! For Real this time....

[*] posted on 6-9-2014 at 13:32

Do you have any other data for this composition? Like trauzl test drop hammer, sand crush, VOD, heat & pressure formations, RE factor? All these tests will help validate the power of this composition. We see it destroys metal OK and if developed by a laboratory these tests shouldn't be hard to do. Actually I'm kind of curious to know these results.

Where there is a will
there is a way.

AllCheMystery!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWbbidIY4v57uczsl0Fgv7w?vie...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-9-2014 at 00:21

Laboratory is nick only. Trauzl the test do not. Bubble energy is do not. Measure will only detonation velocity of Cyklonan 2,3. Cyklonan is not explosive from professional labs for millions of dollars. It is a complex system. It is not only about composition. Shape is important. Important is the size of the cube (2x2 cm). What is important is consistency. What is important is water resistance. Non volatility. What is important is system kits. Many American patent states only test steel plate. Patents are often lacking even the detonation velocity. Or is mentioned estimate. As: 14000-19000 ft. per second. According diameter. In other patents detonation velocity missing completely. It says: The explosive detonated, and the result was good. This is a forum amateurs. Am I not Avi Icar from Tel Aviv University. Cyklonan solves these things:
1) Very easy to manufacture. 2) Good handling. 3) Good stability. 4) Non volatility.
5) Good sensitivity (excellent) to a detonator.
Everyone always wants the highest detonation velocity. And finally they even explode. The detonation velocity is not everything.
LL
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 7-9-2014 at 04:04

Quote:
The detonation velocity is not everything.

True, but neutral OB coupled with high VOD is most of the desiderata!

As a name however, "cyclonan' sounds like a RDX/ammonium nitrate mix?

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-9-2014 at 06:18
Ckn

Or as cykloman. Or a bicycle. Or as cyclohexane. Or as 1,4,7 triazacyclononane. If any of you Cyklonan test results with improved composition, please. You can perform. I like to let learn.

Cyklonan 1.2.3.jpg - 241kB
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 04:00

You have some good ideas! Like the cubic design, the blue color and the protection from water via NC.

But (again constructive criticism):

1°) You can use my receipe, I leave you for free the PHILOUZAN name to make your own CYCLONAN IV.
Then you will see what is a detonation.

2°) You must admit that the denting of explosion on your picture is only the proof of a deflagration (detonation would have cut it appart, squized it flat or pearced through much larger holes).

3°) TACuN(*) is unstable and looses NH3...
NH3 is not good news for the stability of Aluminium (NH4NO3 corrodes Al metal) nor for the stability of NC (hydrolysis of the nitric esters in basic media).
TACuN is no good news for the stability of Aluminium because of the Cu(2+) present in it... it is like a battery in shortcut.
--> Your cubes are sadly not very storage advisable because of inherent exothermic decay process at work with time.
Risk of spontaneous ignition upon undetermined laps of time and strongly dependant of ingredients, manufacturing process and storange conditions.

(*)I use TACuN as accronym because I have extensively written in this forum about TACuN, TANiN and TACoN (Cu for copper, Ni for nickel and Co for cobalt in related amino-nitrate complexes)

[Edited on 8-9-2014 by PHILOU Zrealone]

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 08:42
test

So PHILOUZAN is much better than CYCLONAN!!!! (to be improved for best OB!)
80 TACuP
8 NH4ClO4 or NH4NO3
9 NC13,1N (Gun powder (or spare 12,4N))
3 Al
Is this a joke? Oxygen balanced with NH4ClO4 is +8.889. With NH4NO3 it is +7.779. This is the formula for Philouzan? High positive oxygen balance? Worse composition I had never seen before. I have no words. You show results. While writing mostly nonsense.
LL

Cyklonan 3.jpg - 80kB

[Edited on 8-9-2014 by Laboratory of Liptakov]
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 8-9-2014 at 21:10

Keep the discussion to chemistry and engineering.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 03:14

I know, too many emotions. I understand.
LL
Varmint
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 03:46

With the outline of the cube clearly delineated on the target workpiece, it is clear to me the detonator is doing the majority of the work, and the composition is merely supporting the propagation of the wavefront rather than contributing to it in a major way.

If the composition was doing significant work, there should be no evidence left of the witness mark, that area too should be fully involved in the detonation, pehaps with a focussing of energy at the long edges, punching large holes exceeding the diameter of the charge.

As for the comment regarding VOD not being everything, this is true at the most fundamental level, but requires qualification. For mining of rock, you might want moderate brisance coupled with large gas volume, but for demolition work the more brisance and less gas the better. For all intents and purposes, the wow factor for "hobby" experimentation comes from VOD, the higher the better.

DAS
Fulmen
International Hazard

Mood: Bored

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 06:00

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  

2°) You must admit that the denting of explosion on your picture is only the proof of a deflagration (detonation would have cut it appart, squized it flat or pearced through much larger holes).

I disagree, deflagration shouldn't even dent 6mm steel. I have fired comparable charges of commercial dynamite and seen similar damage, so for a medium VOD explosive this seems quite correct. There are also square witness marks visible, supporting a proper detonation.
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 08:33

From the TeACN tread:
Quote: Originally posted by Etanol  
It worked!
Cu(NO3)2 + 10% NH3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOd4NTnolTA&list=UUd1EjH...

In this video, plain/pure TACuN 19g make a neat circular hole into 4mm steel.
Sole explanation for the "bad" results of cyclonan...a lack of confinement.

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

nitro-genes
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 10:44

Still trying to figure out the magic of cyclonan... What exactly is the added bennefit compared to AN emulsions in terms of cost, VoD, water resistance, toxicity and sensitivity? :-)

How stable is this cyclonan regarding storage, considering slow release of NH3 in combination with NC as binder?

[Edited on 9-9-2014 by nitro-genes]
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 11:31

Bottle with powder it is not Cyklonan. Cyklonan is a kit. Folding together. Waterproof. It is the system. Bottle with anything loose or liquid is useless. I repeat it for the third time. אני חוזר ואומר את זה בפעם שלישית.
One more time. The main advantage is ease of handling. The idea is easy to handle. And waterproof. Fold larger charges. Defined density. Initiation only primary folds. In case of emergency: LA 0.3, 0.3 HMTD, 0.3 FHg. Standard ignitor No.8. or No.6.
LL
magneet
Harmless

Mood: lurking mostly

[*] posted on 9-9-2014 at 13:10

Quote:

Bottle with powder it is not Cyklonan

Quote:

In this video, plain/pure TACuN 19g make a neat circular hole into 4mm steel.

the performance seems to come from the air pockets between loose powder, could your cyclonan be improved by adding microbaloons?

what is your method of synth for the TACN?

Hi,
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top