Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Chemical calculator poll
Borek
Unregistered

[*] posted on 28-5-2005 at 16:01
Chemical calculator poll

Some of you are aware of the fact I have already prepared two chemical calculators (see signature). I am planning to extend the line of programs and I have several ideas about what could the next calculator do. However, before starting work I decided to do a quick poll:

What type of calculations would you like to have automated?

Which calculations are the most tedious?

Which calculations are eating most of your time, regardless of the fact that you know how to do them?

uber luminal
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 29-5-2005 at 00:13

looks like an advertisement to me. maybe if shortcuts were actually educational, or they didnt cost money...
Borek
Unregistered

[*] posted on 29-5-2005 at 01:05

Can't blame you that you read it that way. I am promoting my programs with my signature since I registered and I am trying to be usefull, not a marketing hype pain in the a**. And at the moment I really want to get some information.

As for educational links - check my site. It is the only web site I am aware off with density tables and pKa/pKb values of strong acids and bases. Whether it is a bait or contribution you have to decide by yourself ;) Judging from logs it is contribution, as most people never look further.

neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 30-5-2005 at 12:03

The thing is that most of us here are amateurs who can’t afford this stuff and never do much complicated calculation.
Oxydro
Hazard to Others

Mood: distracted

[*] posted on 30-5-2005 at 17:54

Looks to me like it's time for one of us to make a GPLed equivalent. I might do it as soon as I understand the chemistry part better... But then again I have 100s of plans that I never carry out.

"Our interest's on the dangerous side of things" -- Browning
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger

Go To Top