Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: 6km/sec VOD From Cast NaCLO4 Composition
neutrino
International Hazard

Mood: oscillating

[*] posted on 3-1-2006 at 14:34

This thread is about compositions that detonate, not ones that deflagrate. Please post this in an appropriate thread.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

Mood: cool.gif

[*] posted on 13-3-2016 at 08:52
NaClO4

Explosives on NaClO4 based, you can see here. His VoD is from 5200 - 7000m/s. Very cheap, easy and very brisant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_XYAaAWqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYFT-JFr7Ow
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 13-3-2016 at 09:20

Is Sodium perchlorate commonly available as a technical grade chemical in your country?

In my experience, only the Potassium and ammonium salts are cheap and easily sourced in the USA. If Sodium perchlorate can be found at all, it's a higher priced reagent grade.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 13-3-2016 at 10:04
NaClO4

It is usually necessary to prepare NaClO4 in laboratory. Commercial availability worldwide miserable, difficult. Preparation is in a few steps. NaCl (table salt) or bleach. Prepare NaClO3 from the bleach is on you tube about 10x. Next step is conversion NaClO3 on NaClO4. Hot melt method (on YT) , or this method on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnYqmbiukI
Small amount a few % NaClO3 (in NaClO4) is for this type explosive not important. Thus, high explosive from table salt. Get or making HNO3 and H2SO4 is usually difficulty, than produce-prepare NaClO4. Conditions are a quality electrodes, of course. For ClO4....... LL.....:cool:
visualplayer
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-6-2016 at 23:02

We have made some experiments on this explosive and archieve to reach 6500 VOD, however I'm not comfortable with aluminium powder and water mix. It seems quite safe, but I dont feel safe with that.
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 08:46

It are very good results. I recommend decrease content of water for better VoD. Content of aluminium is only for quickly using during 24 hrs. Without aluminium is this composition high stabile. Feel of discomfort with explosives? It is usually. It are explosives. It is for hard guys. ...LL ...:cool:

[Edited on 11-6-2016 by Laboratory of Liptakov]

[Edited on 12-6-2016 by Laboratory of Liptakov]
visualplayer
Harmless

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 02:05

We're trying some alternatives to Alum. Also Iron Oxide gives promising resuts.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 12-6-2016 at 02:17

Alum is a mixed sulphate salt ─ and the symbol for aluminium is Al!

energeticone
Harmless

[*] posted on 2-8-2016 at 18:04
NaClO4 Source worldwide shipping

found NACLO4 98% Source....PM for contact
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 01:22

P/M?

Why not just give us the link?

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 3-8-2016 at 12:30
NaClO4

Hmm.. worldwide shipping ? Personal message ? Why? Science madness is not commerce or business organisation.
Or is "energeticone" a new nick for NSA collect information ? /huaha/ ....:cool:...LL

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
energeticone
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 12:33

Reagent707@gmail.com

110 USD /KG 98% NACLO4 Monohydrate
PHILOU Zrealone
International Hazard

Mood: Bis-diazo-dinitro-hydroquinonic

[*] posted on 6-8-2016 at 13:25

Quote: Originally posted by energeticone  
Reagent707@gmail.com

Just for the info:
98% NaClO4.H2O = 85,4% NaClO4

PH Z (PHILOU Zrealone)

"Physic is all what never works; Chemistry is all what stinks and explodes!"-"Life that deadly disease, sexually transmitted."(W.Allen)
energeticone
Harmless

[*] posted on 7-8-2016 at 12:47

Quote: Originally posted by PHILOU Zrealone  
Reagent707@gmail.com

Just for the info:
98% NaClO4.H2O = 85,4% NaClO4

...I stand corrected...
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-8-2016 at 13:18
NaClO4

Very important info from Philou. 100 grams monohydrate is only 85,4 grams of dry NaClO4. But this salt is very hygroscopic. Therefore is usually better heated monohydrate over 140 C and preparation total absolutly dry salt. Easy shortly process on inert surface. After dryed do precise and quickly weighing to some composition. Thanks..:cool:...LL

Development of primarily - secondary substances CHP (2015) Lithex (2022) Brightelite (2023) Nitrocelite (2024)
ecos
Hazard to Others

Mood: Learning !

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 03:31

Reagent707@gmail.com

isn't that very expensive?
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 05:53

Yes, about 25 times what I would consider reasonable for this as a technical grade chemical. The problem being, most of the production of this goes straight to industrial uses, often in the same plant it was made in. So no cheap, tech grade in small ammounts on offer at resellers as with Potassium or ammonium perchlorates.

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 10:29

110 USD is very expensive. Because titan anode 5 x 7,5 cm , coated platinum is price on e-bay 75 USD. Or less, at details looking for. Even 60 USD for 2 piece. I estimate, that 98% purity NaClO4, amount 1 Kg is possible prepared
with one this anode. Maybe even more, before partially damage platinum coated the surface. How much NaClO4 is possible prepare, it is question for experienced galvanic experts... :cool:...LL

energeticone
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 15:35

Quote: Originally posted by Bert  
Yes, about 25 times what I would consider reasonable for this as a technical grade chemical. The problem being, most of the production of this goes straight to industrial uses, often in the same plant it was made in. So no cheap, tech grade in small ammounts on offer at resellers as with Potassium or ammonium perchlorates.

Then point others with a link in the right direction in Continental US. It doesnt exist
energeticone
Harmless

[*] posted on 8-8-2016 at 15:36

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  
110 USD is very expensive. Because titan anode 5 x 7,5 cm , coated platinum is price on e-bay 75 USD. Or less, at details looking for. Even 60 USD for 2 piece. I estimate, that 98% purity NaClO4, amount 1 Kg is possible prepared
with one this anode. Maybe even more, before partially damage platinum coated the surface. How much NaClO4 is possible prepare, it is question for experienced galvanic experts... :cool:...LL

...Good luck finding a supplier in the Continental US ...
ecos
Hazard to Others

Mood: Learning !

[*] posted on 12-8-2016 at 05:19

Quote: Originally posted by Laboratory of Liptakov  

forget about Platinum anode since it will be destroyed for Perchlorate.
My advice, Use Graphite Substrate Lead Dioxide anode. it only costs 60 dollors and will make a lot of NaCl4
jpsmith123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 30-8-2016 at 15:39

Those two youtube videos are "unavailable". :(
I wonder, what was the composition used? Was it NaClO4 and diethylene glycol?
Laboratory of Liptakov
International Hazard

[*] posted on 31-8-2016 at 05:14

NaClO4 75 + DEG 25 + Water 5 - 15 + optional item: guar gum 1, Al 2 - 5. Dr.

yobbo II
National Hazard

[*] posted on 31-8-2016 at 15:39

Since Sodium Perchlorate has a number of hydrates this will need to be noted if yields are being weighed and calculated. Which hydrate forms depends on the solution concentration and temperature as your product crystallizes. The usually hydrate that forms (between zero and 50°C) is the mono-hydrate. This mono-hydrate must be heated to 60°C to obtain NaCl04:0.8H2O. It must then be heated above 150°C to obtain anhydrous Sodium Perchlorate. Melting takes place at 472°C and decomposition starts at 490°C and ends at 520°C. (Reactivity of Solids 3 (1987) 75-84)
Microtek
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-9-2016 at 04:03

NaClO4 production via PbO2 coated titanium anodes is actually surprisingly easy, it just takes a long time. As my first ever foray into electrochemistry (which I don't like) I made 200 g of NaClO4 of reasonably high purity using such an anode along with a workshop charger. I electrolysed a solution of NaCl for about 5 days only regulating temp and pH occasionally.
At the end, the small amount of NaClO3 was destroyed by addition of HCl of the highest concentration possible. Since NaCl is insoluble in highly concentrated HCl, you can then decant the perchloric acid.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top