Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Fastest Acting Poisons
I am a fish
undersea enforcer

Mood: Ichthyoidal

[*] posted on 22-1-2003 at 08:32
Fastest Acting Poisons

NB: I have absolutely no intention of making, acquiring or using any chemical weapons.

What substances are generally regarded as being the fastest acting poisons? I presume the speed of effect is highly dependent on the means of delivery (e.g. ingestion, inhalation), and on the quantity used.

(Google is absolutely useless; my searches were swamped by user guides for RPGs)

Chris
Mongo Blongo
Unregistered

[*] posted on 22-1-2003 at 18:35

Some that come to mind-
Hydrogen Cyanide
Hydrogen Azide
Strychnine
I know of many others but I just can't think right now.
Polverone
Now celebrating 21 years of madness

Mood: Waiting for spring

[*] posted on 22-1-2003 at 22:51
inhalation poisons fastest

Hydrogen cyanide and hydrogen sulfide will both rapidly cause unconsciosness, followed by death (in case of continuing exposure or non-treatment), if inhaled in high concentrations. I have read a few personal accounts of people exposed to high amounts of HCN as a result of lab mishaps. Search for Bill Penrose and cyanide on Usenet (Google Groups) if you want to read one such account. IIRC, he didn't even have time to finish his sentence before he fell unconscious after sniffing a beaker fizzing with HCN. I don't think it gets any faster than that.

Potassium chloride (or any soluble potassium salt, I would imagine) rapidly induces cardiac arrest after it's injected. It is used for executions by lethal injection.

Some fluorine containing organophosphorus compounds (i.e. nerve gases) work fairly rapidly - on the scale of minutes. I have a book around here on the compounds. In fact you could download it from Eliteforum's FTP site if it were up at the moment.

The following two pages have good information on the effects of nerve agents:

G-series agents
http://www.emedicine.com/emerg/topic898.htm

V-series agents
http://www.emedicine.com/Emerg/topic899.htm
Ramiel
Vicious like a ferret

Mood: Semi-demented

[*] posted on 31-1-2003 at 21:49
Spew of Death

...Moonmonster, are you reading mi?

did you see on usenet! the kid ate KCN and vomited it up... So if you ever want to assassinate someone, just walk up to them, eat your special subway footlong and make sure to get most of your courtesy barf over the target! fabulous.

on a more sinister note, one can buy lite-salt or so such which has large quantities of KCl. I would advise that this is probably the most dangerous, and the most safe (seeing as you can ingest it safely), if you see what I mean.
Krypton
Hazard to Self

Mood: explosive 21

[*] posted on 18-2-2003 at 22:22
blithe hunting

ha ha,
on in this world existing persons,
which can thinking fastest the second step
bevor the first, will be most artful poisoned of lousy mentally handicapped
elements !

a little question,

is it realy toxic to post particular -step`s
of bubble gum or HNCH ... ?
Iv4
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-6-2003 at 02:56

To my knowledge the fastest acting poisen is the venom of the amazon frog(I fogot it's name but I'll look it up later).Uniquely enough it's venom is one it's skin.The tribes thier rub thier (blowgun)darts over the frog.Shot anywhere on a monkey it can kill within 5 seconds.
Blind Angel
National Hazard

Mood: Meh!

[*] posted on 5-6-2003 at 08:17

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/htx/htx.htm

The poison you're talking about

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
My PGP Key Fingerprint: D4EA A609 55E4 7ADD 8529 359D D6E2 33F6 4C76 78ED
Madog
Hazard to Others

Mood: lysergic

[*] posted on 9-6-2003 at 13:41

i got one of those cool "eye whitness" books whne i was younger, on spies, and it had a thing there called the "suicide pill" which was suposed to kill in 5 seconds if you swallowed it

it was never used in the field

Most people outgrow their pyro tendencies, we are the ones who\'s tendencies outgrew us.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 02:21

I saw something like that on the discovery chanel.I think it was some sort of cyanide/nicotine mixture.
Blind Angel
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 12:15

i recently red on a MOTM page (Don't remember which) about a toxin secreted by a anemonae (or something like that) which grow in only one lake in an pacific island which was one of the best (worst) know to man, still looking for the ling

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
Darkfire
Hazard to Others

Mood: Wondering

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 14:52

Quote:
Originally posted by Iv4
I saw something like that on the discovery chanel.I think it was some sort of cyanide/nicotine mixture.
Acutaly i think the pills were saxitoxin, or at least some of them were, at least the ones used by the CIA.

Blind Angel- Your thinking of Palytoxin, that comes from the one tidepool, the toxin used in the pill is saxitoxin it comes from certain plankton in red tides.

CTR

[Edited on 10-6-2003 by Darkfire]

\"I love being alive and will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it. I will seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me.\" Duane Allman
Blind Angel
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-6-2003 at 18:36

yeah it's that:

Palytoxin

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
Iv4
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 19-6-2003 at 00:45
for use non CIA...

The sea snail can dibilate an animal in extremely short period of time by using a two stage mechanism.First it puts an imense load on the nerve's and then stops them prety much.

I'm thinking methyl nitrate and atropine might have a similer effect.
jubrail
Harmless

Mood: Just Dandy

[*] posted on 27-7-2003 at 07:52
For more information

On natural poisons, I would highly suggest getting a book about Invertebrate biology. In particular, I would recommend Buchsbaum's book, which, I believe is called something like "Invertebrate Biology" (surprisingly enough:P). The book is interesting, with pictures and has a good amount of information. The two sections I would must suggest are that on coelenterates (I think that's the name, I studied this subject in Hebrew, not English), which is the jellyfish, anemones, corals and all other bearers of nematocysts (stinging cells). The other section would be the bibliography/suggested readings, which have numerous books and papers for more in depth study. The book is particularly good for non-English speakers as, though the words are jargon, the sentence structure is not as difficult as other books.

And no, I am not Buchsbaum, just liked the book.

Rainbows & Butterflies Forever
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

Mood: conformation:ga

[*] posted on 30-11-2003 at 23:29
Info in a nutshell!

Two Pages answering most common questions.

UP WITH SPOONFEEDING!

Attachment: Bioweapons and Defense.pdf (467kB)
This file has been downloaded 1947 times

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
ahlok2002
Hazard to Self

Mood: peace

[*] posted on 16-12-2003 at 10:39

the most dangerous bio-weapeon is though microbs infection. virus, bacterial, virion, prokaryote..........all this not only can attack target yet can infect and spread.
View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
guaguanco
Hazard to Others

Mood: heterocyclic

[*] posted on 17-12-2003 at 15:13

2 candidates:

1) a massive intravenous dose of phenobarbital supposedly stops the heart in 10 - 15 seconds.
2) SiO2. a large dose (~500 kg) dropped from 100 meters, causes death instantaneously
sam33
Harmless

smile.gif posted on 16-2-2004 at 00:36
fastest acting poison

i once heard from somewhere that there was a poison that was so fast-acting that after putting it on ones tongue, one would die in seconds. i had heard that no-one knew how this compound tasted because of this sudden effect, and one scientist wanted to be remembered for telling the world how it tasted. so he held a pen and paper in his hand as he put some of it in his mouth, hoping to write down its taste for all humanity. he was just able to write down 's' before he died, so we still don't know if the poison was sweet, salty or sour.

is this story true? has anyone else heard of it? if so i would like to know what the poison is and any reference. just because i told the story to some friends and they didnt believe me and i told them i would find proof!

ciao!
guaguanco
Hazard to Others

Mood: heterocyclic

[*] posted on 16-2-2004 at 12:43

This really sounds like fiction to me.
Blind Angel
National Hazard

[*] posted on 16-2-2004 at 14:10

Just the way that it enter in you blood would take more than one second. Also the time that enough of you cell die from it it should take more than one second. And also, the fastest way know is intra-veinous (well not known but at least useable by normal man), and parental (by under the tongue) isn't that fast. So your friend are right to not believe you

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
sam33
Harmless

sad.gif posted on 16-2-2004 at 20:47
thanks . . . feel embarrassed now!

thanks for informing me, i guess i have to tell them they were right . . .

:{

sam
trogdor
Harmless

Mood: wahoo

[*] posted on 27-4-2004 at 19:47
potassium chloride?

how fast is potassium chloride? i think it causes heart failure, because most cells use potassium for facilitated diffusion and what not...but does anyone have more specifics on its exact workings? i also know that this is what Dr. Kevorkian used when assisting suicide. Sodium pentathol is also used in lethal injections, that is usually the first drug injected, i do beleive.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by trogdor]
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2004 at 21:45
This is a really well known Urban myth.

Quote:
Originally posted by sam33
i once heard from somewhere that there was a poison that was so fast-acting that after putting it on ones tongue, one would die in seconds. i had heard that no-one knew how this compound tasted because of this sudden effect, and one scientist wanted to be remembered for telling the world how it tasted. so he held a pen and paper in his hand as he put some of it in his mouth, hoping to write down its taste for all humanity. he was just able to write down 's' before he died, so we still don't know if the poison was sweet, salty or sour.

is this story true? has anyone else heard of it? if so i would like to know what the poison is and any reference. just because i told the story to some friends and they didnt believe me and i told them i would find proof!

ciao!

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics; even if you win: you\'re still retarded.
Hermes_Trismegistus
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-4-2004 at 21:51
Isn't the fastest substance absorbtion route via the lungs?

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind Angel
the fastest way know is intra-veinous (well not known but at least useable by normal man), and parental (by under the tongue) isn't that fast

I don't know about in Quebecois (distinct language from french), but in english under the tongue is sublingual.

soupir!.....la grenouille mal! ;)

Blind Angel
National Hazard

[*] posted on 28-4-2004 at 03:30

strangely in french too lol :D
i just didn't though of it at this time, or the i used because of the guy background in chemistry (which is non-present), one of the two i can't remember :P

BTW: you told me: Sigh...the frog evil :P

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Blind Angel]

/}/_//|//) /-\\/|//¬/=/_
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top