Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Organic Chemical Physical Properties List
Natures Natrium
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-8-2005 at 22:57
Organic Chemical Physical Properties List

This is just a little something I whipped up in an attempt to give back to the community which has helped me so much. It took roughly 12 hours to do, so I hope someone at least gets some use out of it. ;)

It is an excel spreadsheet compilation of physical data from 127 of the most common (or interesting) organic and non-metal chemicals. The data includes b.p., m.p., density, Mol. Weight, H2O solubility, color, odor, f.p., and two categories which can be used to easily sort the chems in the spreadsheet, a "Halogenated?" column and a "Category" column. There is instuctions and explanation included in the document in the form of comments...just look for the little red flags in the top right corner of the cells, and hover your mouse over that cell. :)

Also, this will be uploaded to Axehandles FTP, as well as a folder which contains IR spectra for nearly all of these chemicals.

For the information I must give credit to a combination of websites, MSDS's, the Merck 12.2, and especially Acros Chemical from whom all the IR spectra comes from. No, I don't have an IR machine, but I do drool over them on various webpages, dreaming and wishing a whole lot. :(

I am also aware that this list is incomplete in any sense, nor do I think that a complete list could ever be compiled. However, feel free to add your own personal favorites and post the updated list. If this happens I will taken the time to compile multiple different versions together, and maybe even add in criteria columns to improve sorting and searching. I am thinking that an Inorganic list should be seperate altogether.

This list is also an expression of my frusteration at the clunky interface of the Merck computer series, as well as an attept to alleviate those situations in which one finds oneself at a critical juncture and the only data lacking is density or a b.p. or something. It is my hope that this can streamline the research process for at least a couple of people.

My regards,
Nature's Natrium

EDIT: Damn, spotted an error already, Ammonium Chloride is listed with a mp of 0 when the cell should be blank. :mad::(:mad:

[Edited on 16-8-2005 by Natures Natrium]

Attachment: Chemical Phys Propertiesv1.0.xls (46kB)
This file has been downloaded 782 times

\"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.\" - Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Natures Natrium
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-8-2005 at 10:34

So far the above posted is the only error found. Hopefully it IS the only error period.

Does anyone who downloaded this have any comments or suggestions to make? I would really like some feedback on this.

Thanks,
Nature's Natrium

[Edited on 16-8-2005 by Natures Natrium]

\"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them.\" - Mark Twain (1835-1910)
simply RED
Hazard to Others

Mood: booM

[*] posted on 25-8-2005 at 07:59

Very good chart. I was interested in diethyl ether and instead of lurking in the net, just saw it in the chart.

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead...
Phel
Hazard to Self

Mood: viscous creep

[*] posted on 25-8-2005 at 14:56

Thank you for sharing Natures Natrium, it looks good.
Perhaps this thread could be added to Bromic Acids bookproject, and everyone could add info to it? Just a thought...
FloridaAlchemist
Hazard to Self

wink.gif posted on 26-8-2005 at 17:20
Thanx for the ewxcellent chart

Thanx for the ewxcellent chart

Go To Top