Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-3-2006 at 14:46

I see it is seperating out over time.
Baadpyro
Harmless

[*] posted on 17-9-2011 at 02:44

Is it possible to make Blasting geltatin form EGDN, and NC ?
Is it safe?

No risk,No fun
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 17-9-2011 at 04:42

EDGN dissolves NC more readily, and at lower temperature, than does NGl but homemade NC (difficult to fully stabilise) will produce a dangerous, unstable gelatine!
High risk --- losing body parts --- no fun at all . . .

Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 12:37

http://imageshack.us/g/861/dsc00129tq.jpg/
here are pictures of my egdn test. Mini test tube of the stuff initiated by about 0,5g Pb(N3)2. It was somewhat louder then what I expected, louder then the same volume of rdx. The wooden piece didn't receive any shrapnel. There were three tiny holes in the can(may be from the azide part). If the charge wasn't cylindrical, and was shorter the steel would have been penetrated. The ng guys can't make their stuff go high order in such small scale (unless it's some type of rdx dynamite) :D
QHarryQ
Harmless

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 18:25

EGDN should have been abadoned because of the violent cardinal toxicity and high volatility.Campared with NG,this stuff is somewhat more unsensitive,but it sucks afterall.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 21:28

FIrst egdn is the easiest high RE HE. You have to filter, dry and recrystallize solids. The ng doesn't work well in liquid form unless larger amounts, well confined and the detonator is like 2g+ of rdx. Trying to hammer test is very difficult, the thing doesn't go off at all sometimes, rdx is much easier to explode with a hammer. If you leave non neutralized ng for a while it becomes so sensitive, that it explodes when you let one drop fall from like 1m. I've had major runaway with 50ml egdn completed, and it didn't go off. I think that for a sealed container, egdn makes much more stable, predictable, safe choice.
Goorlap
Harmless

[*] posted on 24-6-2012 at 13:57

Most liquid explosives are dangerous anyway. You can't store them as a loose powder, which is much safer.

Life is short. Enjoy it
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 25-6-2012 at 02:59

You sound like a man who hasn't tried to detonate egdn on purpose. It's amolst mission imposible without primary. Loose rdx powder can catch fire withouth much difficulty and can be exploded with a hummer. I can throw plastic bottle with egdn out of like 10-th floor and still bet it wont go off. Well purified egdn can be extremaly stable in the freezer IMO. I just can't see any danger of storing well made secondary.
Kalium
Harmless

[*] posted on 26-6-2012 at 15:38

The main issue I have with EGDN is the very high level of volatility. The low viscosity is good and so is the perfect oxygen balance.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-6-2012 at 02:49

And isn't egdn the best explosive to stuff in a pet bottle? It's not too great for dynamites that would stand in open. Egdn and it's compositions can take impacts from weights falling from twice the length that detonates ng. I challange you forum, tell me cheaper and more convinient stuff for a high RE explosion withouth corosive and sensitive binary stuff.
Adas
National Hazard

Mood: Sensitive to shock and friction

[*] posted on 27-6-2012 at 04:04

Isn't PGDN somewhat safer and less volatile? The oxygen balance is worse, maybe the power too, but it is less toxic and less sensitive, AFAIK.

Rest In Pieces!
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 27-6-2012 at 04:43

Yeah, mix egdn with inerts and it's same s*t. PGDN is with density of 1.2, your AN:NM is more powerfull then that. I'm taking of cheap, safe convinent way to fill 200ml container with high RE explosive. EGDN-7390j/g, RDX-5700j/g, PETN-6400j/g.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 2-7-2012 at 10:37

5ml test of that wonderful liquid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XAvoWphC38&feature=youtu...
I begin to wonder if it's more powerful(volume basis) then very tightly packed RDX. I think it's at least noisier :D

[Edited on 2-7-2012 by Ral123]
dangerous amateur
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 2-7-2012 at 11:19

I dont mean to be offensive, but your videos suck. Why not use such a thing here
http://image.made-in-china.com/2f0j00FCmEKVpnfaub/Flexible-T...

Fix the camera near the spot and take proper cover. Such brick pieces can be nasty.

Quote:

some EGDN and a visko

No primary?

And if there was one, how about separating maincharge and cap? There must have been about 7g of EGDN. Combined with a fixed primary this is pretty dangerous.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 3-7-2012 at 13:41

I know my videos suck, they are not so much for entertainment, but so people without experience with certain materials can get an idea what are we posting so much about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELXmCqirmQ0&feature=plcp
Kalium
Harmless

[*] posted on 5-7-2012 at 20:32

Quote: Originally posted by Ral123  
http://imageshack.us/g/861/dsc00129tq.jpg/
here are pictures of my egdn test. Mini test tube of the stuff initiated by about 0,5g Pb(N3)2. It was somewhat louder then what I expected, louder then the same volume of rdx. The wooden piece didn't receive any shrapnel. There were three tiny holes in the can(may be from the azide part). If the charge wasn't cylindrical, and was shorter the steel would have been penetrated. The ng guys can't make their stuff go high order in such small scale (unless it's some type of rdx dynamite) :D

Did you extract your NaN3 from an airbag? If so, how did you do it? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information on the Internet.
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 5-7-2012 at 21:42

I bought it dirt cheap (20$-100g) pure analytical from a man who sells old lab reagents. It was in tin can like it's corn or something :D With very little NaN3 (like a gram) you'll be able to make a lot of ETN blast caps. Isn't the method ammonia->molten sodium->nitrous oxide gone give a little NaN3? He also sells red phosphorus I'm not sure how much should I give, because I don't need it much, just wana buy before it's gone.
Kalium
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 02:04

That sounds like a great deal! I suppose I could try to synthesise it (there's no way I could buy it in my country) but I'd rather buy an airbag online; they go for as little as $20 in the local area. Apparently they contain a mixture of potassium nitrate and sodium azide. After consulting Wikipedia, an infallible source, I saw that NaN3 is quite soluble in alcohol but KNO3 is not. Sounds like a valid approach...
I can't really help you with the red phosphorous since I don't know what it's for. It's not particularly rare, is it?
I'm getting quite a bit off-topic, aren't I?
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 02:52

Can't you buy online? The phosphorus is no big deal(only a mile long topic for it's synth and people making ridiculous setups to get few grams), used for meth, makes the most op napalm, nothing interesting there :D and it's one of the most efficient smoke producers. If the azide is mixed with KNO3, the KNO3 shouldn't be much, I guess it can be used without separation. Btw I think pretty much the same hummer blow is required for explode RDX-EGDN as for RDX only. That means that nice pure EGDN on paper is pretty much as safe as C4? Can someone give me example of a superior explosive to be used in liquid form?
Kalium
Harmless

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 06:03

Don't forget that mixing EGDN with a powder reduces its sensitivity; take dynamite as a rough example. C4 is even more safe than pure RDX because of the inert plasticisers. EGDN certainly isn't as safe as C4 or RDX. That's not to say it's unsafe, I still recommend it. PGDN is slightly less sensitive than EGDN and PG is easier to find than EG but it isn't suitable for mixing with RDX because RDX has a highly negative OB. If I were you I'd make a RDX/NG (80:20) plastic explosive that has a better OB than if you used the other two liquid explosives.
The only online store I found that sells sodium azide to the general public is based in America, so that's a no-go for me. Besides, it was a 0.5% aqueous solution, so I would be getting 2.5g out of each 500ml bottle. :(
I don't know why I said that NaN3 is soluble in alcohol... I suppose that KNO3 can remain in the solution for silver azide synthesis since it would just remain there in the form of spectator ions. I remember seeing some pictures on NitricSynth's forum that showed the chemicals in an airbag in the form of red disks. I bet most of the contaminants can just be filtered out.
Wait, would some potassium azide be produced as well? Could someone confirm this?

[Edited on 6-7-2012 by Kalium]
Ral123
National Hazard

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 20:23

I'm not sure if you're aware of the energy density of pgdn. RDX is way less safe then C4. I mix the EGDN with RDX so I actually have a chance of detonating it with a hummer. RDX explodes muuch easier then EGDN on paper. And with enough lead nitrate, you shouldn't worry about KN3.
SM2
Hazard to Others

Mood: Affect

[*] posted on 24-7-2012 at 11:34

There is a pretty easy synth of sodium azide in CIA, Field Expedient methods of Explosive Prep.
plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 24-7-2012 at 11:38

Quote: Originally posted by Ral123  
I mix the EGDN with RDX so I actually have a chance of detonating it with a hummer. RDX explodes muuch easier then EGDN on paper.

With an hummer, I see...

[Edited on 24-7-2012 by plante1999]

I never asked for this.
Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 20-9-2013 at 07:49

well.. sorry for reviving this old thread, but SM2, what you mean.. is this something available, a honey pot (attracts suspicious persons, IP's logged etc) or misinformation?
is it available or what? that sounds interesting, ofcourse..

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
testimento
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 7-1-2014 at 23:28

Can EGDN be prepared with WFNA without sulfuric intervention?
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top