Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Help wanted to crack encrypted PDF Hong Kong chemistry file
JohnWW
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 00:17
Help wanted to crack encrypted PDF Hong Kong chemistry file

I have recently had cause to download this file, from the Chemistry Dept. of the Chinese University of Hong Kong:

http://www.chem.cuhk.edu.hk/English/RBS6E_Teacher/Teacher_Ex...

Howver, I am unable to open and read it, because it is password-protected. I fairly urgently need to read it. Does anyone here have an idea as to what the password could be, or can help me crack it, please? Also, can anyone recommend a program or utility specifically for cracking passwords of encrypted PDF files in general? Thanks in advance.
runlabrun
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 00:55

why dont you email the people and just ask for it? if its a teaching manual it would hardly be classified material and i dont think they would care.
Otherwise google for pdf password grabbers and try your luck, but similar programs for word, excel and rar archives dont work to well.

-rlr
Lambda
National Hazard

Mood: Euforic Online

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 00:57

@JohnWW,

I have up loaded this file for you to Rapidshare:

"Advanced Archive Password Recovery - Archpr Version 3.01 Build 7 - Inc. Crack.rar" as "RAR.rar" (2.02 MB).

The Rapidshare link is:
http://rapidshare.de/files/12515923/RAR.rar.html

I tried to Crack a Japanese file this week. I used another "Password Recovery" program that used three English Dictionaries. The estimated time for these "ENGLISH" dictionaries to crack a "Japanese !! " file was about 500 hours. This is for the "Birds" I thought, and gave up.:mad:

GOOD LUCK MAN !!:D

[Edited on 4-2-2006 by Lambda]
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 05:58

Thanks, Lambda. I will try it and see what happens. However, it is possible that the password may be in Chinese characters, which for our our purposes would entail including ASCII extended character set characters in the combinations to be covered. The text of the file itself is, I am told, supposed to be in English, though.

As for contacting "them" to ask them directly for the password, I think that they would probably have some suspicion as to why I want it, even though it is only a "teaching" file, and in spite of my being outside Hong Kong and not a local student.
Darkblade48
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 20:36

I took a look at the program that Lambda uploaded to rapidshare, and it seems as if it is made to brute force the password off .rar files and not .pdf files.

I've looked around the internet, but it seems that the programs that are out there are designed to crack the password meant to disallow editing/printing. The cracking programs still require the actual password to open the file first :(

Edit: Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro is a program that can crack the pdf. I've been trying all characters, brute force attack up to a length of 5 with no success so far. 6 characters is what I'll be trying next, but with a total combination of 77 billion combinations, it'll take awhile :(

If you want, you can try as well, but the demo version only lets you go from a length of 1-4 characters. If you're resourceful however, you can find a serial for it.

[Edited on 5/2/06 by Darkblade48]
Lambda
National Hazard

Mood: Euforic Online

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 23:02
PDF Password Recovery Pro 2.12

I am sorry about this @JohnWW, @Darkblade48 is right, I had up loaded a "RAR" password crack program. You requested a "PDF" password crack program, I should have read your post properly before "pumping" the wrong file to Rapidshare.

Now I have "pumped" you this one to Rapidshare, with "crack":

"Adobe Acrobat Advanced PDF Password Recovery Pro 2.12 + Serial.zip" as "PDF.rar" (4.12 MB):

http://rapidshare.de/files/12591394/PDF.rar.html

Good Luck !
JohnWW
International Hazard

[*] posted on 5-2-2006 at 16:38

Thank you for your efforts, Darkblade48 and Lambda. Yes, it looks as f I will need good luck - and a very fast CPU, to try all possible combinations!

Go To Top